Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What secondary weapon/build do you use for Mesa? Recommendations?

NativeKiller

Question

I've heard of some people using the Dual Toxocyst for the fire-rate buff on Peacemaker but I've also heard that the weapon isn't that good outside of Peacemaker.

Also, I am not really the best marksman in the world so the headshot requirement for the fire-rate buff may be something to consider.

Would you recommend the Dual Toxocyst for Mesa's secondary?

I've heard about Lex Prime and Vaykor Marelok being used so I might choose from those if I do give up on the Dual Toxocyst.

Also, should I put Gunslinger on my secondary build for the fire-rate increase for Peacemaker?

Furthermore, should I go with a corrosive build, or go with a gas build just to use "Primed Heated Charge"?

If not, Radiation or something else?

Thanks in advance!

P.S// I thought of a Peacemaker build and it goes something like;

Spoiler

1) Hornet Strike

2) Barrel Diffusion

3) Lethal Torrent

4) Primed Target Cracker

5) Primed Pistol Gambit

6) Primed Heated Charge/Convulsion

7) Pathogen Rounds

8) Gunslinger/3rd 90% elemental mod

Edited by NativeKiller

18 answers to this question

Go with whatever suits you the best, Toxocyst is the Best Peacemaker Gun, but not a necessity at all. I've used Twin Grakatas for a while and did perfectly.

Recently switched to the Lex Prime because Damage.

Akstiletto Prime is one of the best Secondaries out right now.

Dual Toxocysts are very fun tho, and I really do recommend you make them. If you're bad with Headshots, you have a good practice weapon in them.

Edited by Jicematoro

5 minutes ago, Jicematoro said:

Go with whatever suits you the best, Toxocyst is the Best Peacemaker Gun, but not a necessity at all. I've used Twin Grakatas for a while and did perfectly.

Recently switched to the Lex Prime because Damage.

Akstiletto Prime is one of the best Secondaries out right now.

Dual Toxocysts are very fun tho, and I really do recommend you make them. If you're bad with Headshots, you have a good practice weapon in them.

I guess I would probably just go with Lex Prime if I don't see any compelling reason to do otherwise.

I usually prefer the safe option if I am unsure of what to do.

Also, I actually can land headshots semi-reliably but the really thing is that I am worried if Dual Toxocyst will serve me well enough when I am not using Peacemaker.

Just now, NativeKiller said:

I guess I would probably just go with Lex Prime if I don't see any compelling reason to do otherwise.

I usually prefer the safe option if I am unsure of what to do.

Also, I actually can land headshots semi-reliably but the really thing is that I am worried if Dual Toxocyst will serve me well enough when I am not using Peacemaker.

If you land a Headshot, the toxocyst gets infinite ammo, a lot of fire rate, and a bonus of pure toxin Damage, also, it reaches 100% Status with just 2 Stat Mods (+Multishot, obvs) so you'd be with proccing every shot. Don't expect it to crit tho, it rarely will, that said, it's got a pretty high Base Damage as compensation.

If that's the case you shouldn't be relying on your secondary lol

I use Lex Prime for my Mesa, but my personal favorite secondary is Twin Grakatas on any Warframe. Some my not like them (my twins), but I personally enjoy them a lot. Hornet Strike, Barrel Diffusion, Primed Pistol Gambit, Primed Target Cracker, Heated Charge, Pathogen Rounds, Deep Freeze, Convulsion is what I current have equipped. I don't use Lethal Torrent as I don't like the fire rate then xD I'm not saying it's a great build, but I personally enjoy it. (I swap the places of the elements to fix the enemy weakness)

I've pretty much settled on the Aksomati and the usual crit build associated with that sort of weapon.

Any secondary will work since only the mods matter, but you may as well use a gun that benefits from that modding strategy, since you will have to use it on occasion.

Why the Aksomati? Mostly because of aesthetics, but it is a very good secondary if you can deal with its ammo usage. I generally only actually use the weapon when carrying assorted pizzas or on the rare occasions when the primary runs dry. When Mesa Prime comes out (eventually), I'll switch to the Akstilettos and that'll be that.  

9 minutes ago, tischkanteVS said:

BullS#&$ again. It is affected ONLY by Mods, the only Exception is the Dual Toxo with its Headshotbuff

What is meant is that having a crit/stat pistol modded as such is optimal for Mesa because the regulators have high crit and status so you get the most out of pacemaker without sacrificing the usefulness of your secondary weapon. If you want a high damage pacemaker without a crit viable secondary, you'll have to use at least 2 mods on the secondary which don't benefit the secondary at all, effectively gimping the weapon whereas if you had used a crit based secondary, the weapon itself would still be at the best you could get it to.

There are 4 builds I recommend (switch the elemental mods around to suit your desired target enemy):

Crit + Status + Damage Hybrid:

The goal of this build is to have both high damage and high status per shot.

4XilQyq.png

Crit + Status:

The goal of this build is to apply status procs as fast as you can. This is good for high armor enemies so that you can strip them of their armor quickly. However, due to how peacemaker works, Anemic Agility's added fire rate will cause the crosshair to shrink at a much faster rate.

zblYNab.png

Max Damage Per Shot:

The goal of this build is to get the highest damage per shot, allowing you to kill enemies in less bullets, resulting in a slower crosshair tightening per kill during peacemaker.

PNF3B5x.png

Max DPS:

The goal of this build is to maximize your damage per second. This, however, comes at the cost of your crosshair shrinking at an incredibly fast rate during peacemaker.

sUDYcFB.png

Edited by Heckzu