Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Returning Player. Where do I start?

Callback

Question

Great, thanks for the help so far.

So a few questions for clarity over what wiki links show.

Rare resource blueprints:  Do they only yield 1 per?  125,000 common/uncommon materials seems way too steep for converting to only a single rare resource.

Prime vault:  What seems slated for next to go in so I can farm that first?

Still not sure how the new void works.  Keys are now relics, but the types and their names are confusing.  Also upgrading them?

Is the old void just gone?  Or if not, what are the rewards now?  Relics?

Edited by Callback

23 answers to this question

Greetings Tenno and welcome back to warframe.

For starters, give this thread a read:

It is a pretty good thread with external links going directly to the wiki to help explain the new concepts better than I can ever do so.

EDIT: Tenno'd :(

Edited by X3Evanescence

7 minutes ago, (XB1)rocketstar31 said:

I will explain in a few sentences.

Loads of Primes ( Main one's Tigris and Galatine P)

New Warframe Titania

New Void.

Solar Rails- Basically, clans take hold of nodes and stuff.

Void Key's Replaced with Relics.

Solar rails are up again ????

2 hours ago, Callback said:

The prime access wiki page is (IMO) the best way to track this:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Prime_Access

Stuff is vaulted in order.  Nyx was last to go and nova is next.  Note that with relics the vaulting works differently as the part doesn't stop dropping but rather the relic does.  If you have a relic in your inventory you keep it and can run it for a vaulted part when ever you want.

6 minutes ago, Callback said:

Oh, and 1 more question.  With Excalibur changed, what's the current method used for rep farm?  Or is it still the same shipyard Intercept comp even with radial javelin on his 3?

That tileset (Draco) is no more, it is now a survival node with the recent starchart changes.

For Focus/Rep farming, I recommend Stealth Exterminates using a melee weapon with long reach and a stealth warframe, both lensed. It takes 5-7 minutes and it gets a decent amount of focus per run if you make sure to take all Convergence orbs and keep the 500% Stealth exp multiplier going. I recommend Adaro on Sedna, or Telesto on Saturn.

Rare Resource blueprints are not worth the effort nor the resources required in crafting one. With new resource caches in missions, farming them is infinitely more worth it and more efficient than waiting 1 hour to get 1 Orokin Cell.

Edited by X3Evanescence

Rare resource blueprints:  Do they only yield 1 per?  125,000 common/uncommon materials seems way too steep for converting to only a single rare resource. Yep but the blueprint does not consume :)

Prime vault:  What seems slated for next to go in so I can farm that first? My best guess is next one gonna be Nova ^.^ 

Still not sure how the new void works.  Keys are now relics, but the types and their names are confusing.  Also upgrading them? You get relics the same way you were getting key. You can use them in fissure mission. You can upgrade them with the relic upgrade segment that you acquired from the mars junction. The void traces drop in fissure mission and allow you to upgrade your relics.

Is the old void just gone?  Or if not, what are the rewards now?  Relics? Classic old void just exploded. Its not the good old lets farm 20 prime part with one key spot now. They are currently working on endless relic mission. Void does not require key anymore you can go there and just run with randoms with no poblem.

Edited by trunks013

What are Void Relics?

Void Relics yield a Prime part depending on its type, which can be seen when selecting a Fissure mission that toggles the Relic interface. You can see what Prime parts drop from each respective relic type, with the odds of it dropping as well.

Void Relics can be divided into FOUR main categories.

Lith (Tier 1)

Meso (Tier 2)

Neo (Tier 3)

Axi (Tier 4)

Other than the fact that each tier's relics yield (obviously) a different range of prime parts per run, there are also the same 4 kinds of Fissure missions. You can bring only Lith relics to a Lith fissure, and so on and so forth.

After selecting the relic and commencing the mission, run it as per normal, but collect reactants, which are drops that come from enemies emerging out of the random fissures that occur in the mission. Collect 10 to open the relic, and then complete your mission and get to extraction to select a reward.

Alright.. So I read about upgrading relics? How do I do it?

Before you do anything yet, go to your navigation, and click Earth. There you will see a node called the "Mars Junction". Junctions are essentially gateways that allows you to unlock access to another planet through completing a series of tasks, then killing the specter in the mission. After that, you will obtain the "Void Relic Upgrade Segment". With that, you gain the ability to upgrade Relics for Void Traces.

Wait what?? What are Void Traces?

Void Traces are essentially a resource that is consumed when upgrading relics. You can acquire them through:

- Alert Missions in the Void that give Traces

- Void Fissure runs, by collecting 10 Reactant.

Cool. So what are the upgrade options?

There are 3 upgrade options, with each increasing the chance to drop a rare part:

Exceptional: 25 Traces

Flawless: 50 Traces

Radiant: 100 Traces

Radiant provides the highest chance to yield a rare part, at 10%.

It's a lot to digest, so I tried to explain it as simply as possible. Hope I have helped :)

Responding to a bunch at once, don't want to wall it with quotes.

How does one get lenses?  I see them listed under the daily tactical alert rewards, but is there another way?

Relics:  So the name is basically the tier and I can expect the mission difficulty to reflect that.  Ok.  The random codes at the end are still weird but ok.  I assume all old void keys got converted into a relic that has the same drop table as the old mission?  In which case I should have a stock of relics that contain plenty of vaulted primes I can still go in and get?

So the main way to get void traces to upgrade relics is to... run non-upgraded relics?

The old void missions are still doable, great.  What do they give as a reward now tho?  Do they drop relics?

Parkour 2.0 feels really bad and has made things like the corpus laser vault for spy missions go from super easy to impossible without cheating (Nova, Loki, etc.)  I'm guessing a lot of the old Void parkour rooms are a lot different to cross now?  Some might be easier because of the sheer verticality of bullet jumping, but any wall maneuver spots are going to be hell.  Going back to the corpus laser vault, the new wallrun just breaks when it hits any small bump and dumps you down into the alarm.  How are you supposed to deal with the new parkour system in sensitive areas like that?

Oh and I miss the old momentum gain from a quick wall-latch.  Remember you could sprint, grab and immediately release a wall, and get the wall jump added to your sprint velocity before it was cancelled from fully latching?  So fast.

What do people do for movement now?  Return of Zorencopter?  Bullet jump velocity mods?

How does one get lenses?  I see them listed under the daily tactical alert rewards, but is there another way? no other way than sortie or market

Relics:  So the name is basically the tier and I can expect the mission difficulty to reflect that.  Ok.  The random codes at the end are still weird but ok.  I assume all old void keys got converted into a relic that has the same drop table as the old mission?  In which case I should have a stock of relics that contain plenty of vaulted primes I can still go in and get? Yep just take a look at it you probably have a bunch of nyx avaible relics ^.^

So the main way to get void traces to upgrade relics is to... run non-upgraded relics? Yep exactly or alert taht reward 10 void trace ( no i'm not kidding i know its low)

The old void missions are still doable, great.  What do they give as a reward now tho?  Do they drop relics?Relics ,endo ,ressources and credits

Parkour 2.0 feels really bad and has made things like the corpus laser vault for spy missions go from super easy to impossible without cheating (Nova, Loki, etc.)  I'm guessing a lot of the old Void parkour rooms are a lot different to cross now?  Some might be easier because of the sheer verticality of bullet jumping, but any wall maneuver spots are going to be hell.  Going back to the corpus laser vault, the new wallrun just breaks when it hits any small bump and dumps you down into the alarm.  How are you supposed to deal with the new parkour system in sensitive areas like that? Honestly never had problem. I rly like the new system but when it super sensitive i usualy use ivara ^.^ she can make dashwire.

Oh and I miss the old momentum gain from a quick wall-latch.  Remember you could sprint, grab and immediately release a wall, and get the wall jump added to your sprint velocity before it was cancelled from fully latching?  So fast. Wall latching is now super different now.

What do people do for movement now?  Return of Zorencopter?  Bullet jump velocity mods? i usualy bullet jump around and double jump after. Some tenno seems to have found a way to accelerate while rolling mid air after the first bullet jump and then rejump and slide ^.^ 

4 hours ago, Callback said:

Great, thanks for the help so far.

So a few questions for clarity over what wiki links show.

Rare resource blueprints:  Do they only yield 1 per?  125,000 common/uncommon materials seems way too steep for converting to only a single rare resource.

Still not sure how the new void works.  Keys are now relics, but the types and their names are confusing.  Also upgrading them?

Is the old void just gone?  Or if not, what are the rewards now?  Relics?

I just looked at the link and it doesnt say a few things which i will point out.

1. Nova prime, Vasto prime, and soma prime are next to be vaulted.

2. Yes the void is no longer the place to farm prime parts but its just as much fun to run survivals there imho

Are the old super-crates (forget what they were called) still around?  Breakable containers that give a ton of credits and usually a short booster?

Parkour 2.0 being finnicky with walls, would it be better to just tap space instead of holding to avoid detaching when hitting a bump?

1 minute ago, GRIFFONP said:

I just looked at the link and it doesnt say a few things which i will point out.

1. Nova prime, Vasto prime, and soma prime are next to be vaulted.

2. Yes the void is no longer the place to farm prime parts but its just as much fun to run survivals there imho

Is it better or worse than excavation for farming relics? (I'm probably going excavation anyway seeing as that new ice hammer requires literal insane amounts of cryotic.  Seriously, someone find the dev responsible for deciding that cost and get them psychiatric help.)

49 minutes ago, Callback said:

Is it better or worse than excavation for farming relics?

Survival will always be "worse" since the two mission types share the same drop tables and excavation is way faster.  A 20 minute survival is the same rewards as a ~7 minute excavation (even less if you run diggers in parallel).

It is "better" if you don't care about rewards and just really want to play survival.

It also has to be stated that interception is on par with excavation in terms of relic farming.  I'd even say its better for strictly relics but worse for other side-benefits (cryotic, affinity, endo).  Excavation is just a really nice all around, get lots of "stuff" mission type that is super hard to beat.

EDIT - one thing that occurred to me on the topic is that meso specifically is in a weird place with no viable excavation to farm.  The low level missions award lith only and the high level ones are neo plus axi.  The mid range planets where you'd expect to find meso just don't have excavation.  You are stuck doing alternate mission types for meso relics.

Edited by (PS4)Agent_CHAR

34 minutes ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

Survival will always be "worse" since the two mission types share the same drop tables and excavation is way faster.  A 20 minute survival is the same rewards as a ~7 minute excavation (even less if you run diggers in parallel).

It is "better" if you don't care about rewards and just really want to play survival.

It also has to be stated that interception is on par with excavation in terms of relic farming.  I'd even say its better for strictly relics but worse for other side-benefits (cryotic, affinity, endo).  Excavation is just a really nice all around, get lots of "stuff" mission type that is super hard to beat.

EDIT - one thing that occurred to me on the topic is that meso specifically is in a weird place with no viable excavation to farm.  The low level missions award lith only and the high level ones are neo plus axi.  The mid range planets where you'd expect to find meso just don't have excavation.  You are stuck doing alternate mission types for meso relics.

Valefor, Europa?

Speaking of endo, I have way too much of it and no credits to use it.  Dark Sector Defense still the best farm?  Or is there dark sector excavation now that might be faster?

Saw this in another thread and not mentioned in the returning player post:  What is kuria?

Edited by Callback

2 minutes ago, Callback said:

Valefor, Europa?

Speaking of endo, I have way too much of it and no credits to use it.  Dark Sector Defense still the best farm?  Or is there dark sector excavation now that might be faster?

Saw this in another thread and not mentioned in the returning player post:  What is kuria?

Kuria are those little ginner statue scathered around all maps . Its like a big easter egg/lore thing about the twin queens.

Credits dark sector defense still great ^.^ 

2 hours ago, Callback said:

Valefor, Europa?

Well that's what shunning Europa gets me!  I can't stand that tile set but I guess I'll have to make an exception now.

For credits I like doing 5 minute survivals on Gabii Ceres.  Ceres still has the highest credit rewards from when it was the highest grineer planet even though its only level 14-ish these days.  Nice for ranking bad melee weapons and the odd o-cell now and again.

Otherwise you have the DS excavation on Pluto that you are farming already any way.  Equally good base credits there and way more mission credits since you stay for a while.

There are 30 day boosters in the market now for 200 plat... its a sweet deal to ramp up your credits fast IMO.