Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question about post-rework Nekros.

chainchompguy3

Question

Previously, I was looking into getting Nerkos as a supportive, health-orb dropping machine.

However, with his recent rework, he supposedly no longer has guaranteed health orbs: He just re-rolls what it would normally drop.

On the wiki page, however, it claims that when Nekros desecrates one of his Shadows of the Dead's Corpses, it will yield a guaranteed health orb, and nothing else.

I was wondering if this ability, to let your Shadows die, and then desecrate them, would still yield health orbs, or if that was tied to the Now-Removed guaranteed-health-orb-upon-desecration.

12 answers to this question

As long as i know it was always reroll but most of the time it was health. Now they reduce health to prevent him to become a god. Still good drop as i saw ^.^ 

Oberon had garanteed 50% health orb drop on kill with is ult if i remember correctly it still apply ^.^ 

Thansk for the intel Chain ^.^ 

Edited by trunks013
edit: bad oberon intel

1 minute ago, chainchompguy3 said:

Previously, I was looking into getting Nerkos as a supportive, health-orb dropping machine.

However, with his recent rework, he supposedly no longer has guaranteed health orbs: He just re-rolls what it would normally drop.

On the wiki page, however, it claims that when Nekros desecrates one of his Shadows of the Dead's Corpses, it will yield a guaranteed health orb, and nothing else.

I was wondering if this ability, to let your Shadows die, and then desecrate them, would still yield health orbs, or if that was tied to the Now-Removed guaranteed-health-orb-upon-desecration.

I'm not exactly sure what the percentages are, but I know when I run just a standard range desecrate, health orbs are everywhere, keeping my Health Conversion topped off. 

11 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

As long as i know it was always reroll but most of the time it was health. Now they reduce health to prevent him to become a god. Still good drop as i saw ^.^ 

Oberon had garanteed health orb drop on kill with is ult if i remember correctly it still apply ^.^ 

Oberon only has a Chance of health orb, on kill with ult. It's not guaranteed. I appreciate the suggestion, though.

11 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

I'm not exactly sure what the percentages are, but I know when I run just a standard range desecrate, health orbs are everywhere, keeping my Health Conversion topped off. 

While this doesn't exactly answer my question, it does answer the question of whether or not he is still a health-orb machine, which is appearently so.

Thank you.

I'll leave this thread open, incase someone can give another answer before I finish farming nekros and test him in the sicarum.

Just now, Callback said:

Keep in mind he has a new passive giving him health whenever anything dies nearby, so you should be able to run infinite despoil no problem.

The goal is not infinite despoil (Though that may work it's way into my build). The goal is to be a pseudo healer, while also being selfish by using [Health Conversion].

I wanted to know if I could have a reliable source of health orbs in the form of letting my shadows die and looting their corpses.

8 minutes ago, chainchompguy3 said:

The goal is not infinite despoil (Though that may work it's way into my build). The goal is to be a pseudo healer, while also being selfish by using [Health Conversion].

I wanted to know if I could have a reliable source of health orbs in the form of letting my shadows die and looting their corpses.

Shadows or not there's still a decent chance for health orbs.  Not insane amounts like before but fair amounts.

Shadows I think will give it since they're still coded to have that as their only potential drop.

Edited by Callback

Just now, Callback said:

Shadows or not there's still a decent chance for health orbs.  Not insane amounts like before but fair amounts.

as is what @Gelkor stated above.

2 minutes ago, Callback said:

Shadows I do think will give it guaranteed since they're still coded to have that as their only potential drop.

May I inquire about how you know this? Because if the source is reliable, this would almost completely answer my question.

1 minute ago, chainchompguy3 said:

as is what @Gelkor stated above.

May I inquire about how you know this? Because if the source is reliable, this would almost completely answer my question.

I don't for sure, just thought I saw it happen to a shadow while running alongside a nekros.  I'm waiting to pick him back up myself until I can get prime.

1 hour ago, chainchompguy3 said:

I've got a nekros build based around despoil and health conversion.  While I haven't taken it to sorte it seems to be able to manage in most situations as long as you don't have something like an ember with constant wof active as this can in some circumstances drain health far too quickly to keep up.

When shadows die they do usually drop health orbs. 

Edited by LSG501

i ran nekros quite often before and after rework. i use despoil as well. 

post rework i have noticed more health orbs around. i do not think it is primarily with drop chances or rerolls that this is the case. i think it is more to do with desecrate being a toggled ability.

desecrate before rework was a power u activated and as such even with range maxed u could often miss corpses to desecrate due to player movements, being locked into a casting animation each time which could get u killed and choosing to to kill enemies rather than desecrate. 

u miss less corpses now, can shoot, cast and move while desecrating at the same time. it is just very consistent health orbs now.