Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opinions: Sancti Magistar vs. Rakta Dark Dagger

thewhitepanda1205

Question

11 answers to this question

Oberon can Irradiate enemies well enough with his kit, thus making the RDD's second bonus a major boon to his frail shielding.  The Sancti can heal and make him less prone to Statuses, which would be great if it wasn't a part of his kit, and thus, somewhat redundant.

10 minutes ago, Arkhenbarn said:

Oberon can easily proc Radiation on enemies with Smite and Judgement

Reckoning*

I personally think the Sancti is better since fits his theme more. I know the Dagger is likely better due to the extra shields... but shields suck, health and health restoration is where it's at.

I like Fast Weapons over Slow, since the quicker you can kill your enemies the less they can hurt you back.

Rakta Dark Dagger/RDD seems to do a good bit of staggering the enemy as you poke away at them too. Now I haven't used it a lot as I only recently got my hands on it, but it seems like this is the case. It also has a good bit of quick forward movement built into the attack animations as well.

Sancti Magister/SM feels really slow when it hasn't gotten its speed ramped up by Berserker.  

As has been stated, the SM does stuff Oberon already does, Heal and anti-status.

RDD synergizes with his powers as he has so much access to Radiation status and the occasional Overshield certainly helps him out. 

Like I stared out saying, I much prefer Faster weapons over Slower ones.

So I'd recommend the RDD over SM most of the time, although if you're looking to do some Melee Only then SM could be a fun choice if you can make use of the usual preferred extended use melee mods (Blood Rush, Body Count, Berserker).

And... One More Thing:
 RDD can (at least for now) use the Gleaming Blight Syndicate Mod which gives it the full on effect of being a Syndicate weapon.
 i.e.  Blight -  "Once the required amount of affinity is acquired, the weapon discharges a radial explosion dealing 1,000 Viral damage to enemies around the player, restores 25% of base Energy, and temporarily increases the movement speed by 10% of the Warframe's base movement speed."

Pretty nice... ;-)

Cheers!
~R~

8 hours ago, Rolunde said:

So I'd recommend the RDD over SM most of the time, although if you're looking to do some Melee Only then SM could be a fun choice if you can make use of the usual preferred extended use melee mods (Blood Rush, Body Count, Berserker).

And... One More Thing:
 RDD can (at least for now) use the Gleaming Blight Syndicate Mod which gives it the full on effect of being a Syndicate weapon.
 i.e.  Blight -  "Once the required amount of affinity is acquired, the weapon discharges a radial explosion dealing 1,000 Viral damage to enemies around the player, restores 25% of base Energy, and temporarily increases the movement speed by 10% of the Warframe's base movement speed."

Pretty nice... ;-)

I have all of those mods, I don't really care about attack speed though berserker makes the hammer pretty fast, and I don't really care about the syndicate proc, I'm just not sure which I should use since I know they're both pretty good.

7 hours ago, thewhitepanda1205 said:

I have all of those mods, I don't really care about attack speed though berserker makes the hammer pretty fast, and I don't really care about the syndicate proc, I'm just not sure which I should use since I know they're both pretty good.

Well that I don't think you could go wrong with either of them and it probably just boils down to one choice:

Would you rather Oberon go "stabby stabby" or "smashy smashy" haha

And maybe I guess if you're pretty superficial like I am the appearance. All being 'eye of the beholder' and all that but while the RDD is nice enough looking for a Dagger I think that the SM is quite a lovely weapon.  Fun to color as-is and it can also use the Palatine Hammer skin if you have and like it too.

Cheers ;-)
~R~