Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please release the OST to Dark Sector

Xiusa

I don't really know where else this topic would fit in, so feel free to move it somewhere more appropriate.

Anyways, yes, please release it. I'd love to get my hands on it and just replay the Stalker boss theme over and over again. The OST is so good I'm surprised one hasn't been released

Just now, Cyborg-Rox said:

You can just find the soundtrack on Youtube, and if you want it downloaded, there are Video-to-MP3 websites around.

You sure? I actually went and looked for an OST on the tube, found a grand total of 3 themes. Then, the quality of sound from such videos would be worse than on normal OST, and then again, what you're offering probably counts as piracy.

Just now, Cyborg-Rox said:

You can just find the soundtrack on Youtube, and if you want it downloaded, there are Video-to-MP3 websites around.

With terrible sound quality, yes! :P The thing is, while MP3 is a lossy format, if you convert from YouTube it's even lost more quality because it would have suffered 2 conversions previously.

Anyways, I don't know if they'd hold the rights or that would be D3, who published the game.

Just now, NightmareT12 said:

With terrible sound quality, yes! :P The thing is, while MP3 is a lossy format, if you convert from YouTube it's even lost more quality because it would have suffered 2 conversions previously.

Anyways, I don't know if they'd hold the rights or that would be D3, who published the game.

Uh, I think the very picture you see on the left site of this sentence proves that DE have the rights to the game.

We are looking to release an OST soon.  The tracks you are finding on YouTube are not representative of the true mix of the music, because the game engine dynamically plays back the music in "stems".  When we release the OST it will contain the true mixes of the game's music.

7 hours ago, [DE]George said:

We are looking to release an OST soon.  The tracks you are finding on YouTube are not representative of the true mix of the music, because the game engine dynamically plays back the music in "stems".  When we release the OST it will contain the true mixes of the game's music.

I didn't know that Dark Sector played the music out like that, thought it was just Warframe. Neato

16 hours ago, Xiusa said:

I didn't know that Dark Sector played the music out like that, thought it was just Warframe. Neato

I totally thought you were talking about a Warframe OST... lol.  Sorry, we don't have any plans to release a Dark Sector OST.  Though it would be fun and interesting to take a listen to those music tracks again.  And Dark Sector did not play music out in stems, it only played music as a 2-mix.  Sorry for the confusion.  Maybe one day!

• 1 month later...

I just wish u guys created a OST on Spotify T-T
Come on DE... We all know you have been busy fixing bugs and adding new content to the game and we're all loving what u have done so far! but I'm sure there is a team just for music, right?