Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa and secondary weapon mods...i hesitate

frodeur77

Question

Hello, I am nearly done with modding Mesa and my secondary weapon, but i hesitate on the mods to put on it, here's the list:

Hornet Strike, Lethal Torrent, Barrel Diffusion, Pistol Gambit, Pathogen rounds, Pistol Pestilence, Convulsion, Target Cracker.  So far it works rly well.

I hesitate to put those mods:

Creepling Bullseye, Hollow Point, Magnum Force. The think is that for the first and third mod, i win in crit damage and damage, as i don't plan on using my secondary weapon often, so the debuff given by those mods won't apply on my PeaceMaker.

12 answers to this question

I haven't tested multishot on Peacemaker that deep to tell if there is any difference at damage done, since Mesa 1shot anything until lv100 for me.

Knowing the base stats of the Peacemaker:

CRIT DMG MULTI: 3.00
CHIT CHANCE: 25%
STATUS CHANCE: 10%

I would tell you to maximize crit chance and crit dmg first, for that you should go Target Cracker and Pistol Gambit, I also run Creeping Bullseye due to its boost to crit aswell, and go with dual elemental status chance mods also.

I tested on field how Hollow Point would make anything to Mesa, but I find fire rate to be a lot better than 'that more' crit dmg, so instead of using it, Gunslinger would do the trick.

So, for overall I would suggest you:

Boost CRIT DMG & CHANCE

Boost STATUS CHANCE on will, since is not that much on base, can decide to go purely elemental or elemental+status.

Fire rate is also a good ally to Mesa, making his 4 to reach max damage in significantly less time when in crowded room.

Other than that, follow your heart :D

I would switch out Pistol Pestilence for Magnum Force. PP's increase in toxin hence corrosive damage is much smaller, compared to MF which increases base damage, and the maths in Warframe dictates base damage increase have great significance. Also Mesa's Peace Keeper is auto aim-lock so the backlash from MF is non-existent except when you use your secondary manually. 

Creeping Bullseye, Hollow Point, and Magnum Force are terrible Mods that are never worth using mathematically. (Creeping Bullseye can be useful for niche Playstyles on some Secondary Weapons)
nor are they on Peacemaker, due to the negatives those Mods have. the positives won't make it worth it.

1 hour ago, Maxitotito said:

I haven't tested multishot on Peacemaker that deep to tell if there is any difference at damage done

like Continuous Weapons, Peacemaker will receive a Damage Bonus proportional to the amount of Multi-Shot.

I use Primed Heated as my last slot most of the time but if I didn't have it;  I'd prolly use 60/60 status  or gunslinger for Corrosive build.

It's important to note you should have multiple loadouts for faction types and level ranges.

Creepling Bullseye, Hollow Point, and Magnum Force are all sub par and are better off being replaced by a +90% elemental damage mod.

There are 4 weapon builds I recommend, each depending on the scenario.

Max damage per shot, for when you don't want your crosshair tightening too fast:

PNF3B5x.png

Max DPS, for cheesing stuff like Kela de Thaym, at the cost of having your crosshair tighten ridiculously fast:

sUDYcFB.png

Status / Damage Hybrid (75.127% Status Probability on Regulators):

4XilQyq.png

Maximum Status, for when you really, REALLY, need to strip armor:

zblYNab.png

1 minute ago, Callback said:

How the hell do you have that many primed mods maxed?  I don't even have my normal 10-ranks maxed.  The credit cost alone is insane.

We'be both been playing this game for over 3 years...wait, how do you not have that many primed mods maxed? o.e

Each primed mod is only 40k endo and ~2mil credits, which isn't hard to obtain. I just maxed out each of my primed mods whenever I accumulated 40k endo starting with the more important ones first.

5 minutes ago, Heckzu said:

We'be both been playing this game for over 3 years...wait, how do you not have that many primed mods maxed? o.e

Each primed mod is only 40k endo and ~2mil credits, which isn't hard to obtain. I just maxed out each of my primed mods whenever I accumulated 40k endo starting with the more important ones first.

Where do you get the endo too?  I have like 200k from the conversion but that's not enough for all the 10-rank and primed mods I would want.  Plus I haven't seen baro selling the really good ones like point blank.

And where do you make 2 mil credits that you treat it like nothing?  Dark sector defense is good but not THAT good.

Edited by Callback

Just now, Callback said:

Where do you get the endo too?  I have like 200k but that's not enough for all the 10-rank and primed mods I would want.  Plus I haven't seen baro selling the really good ones like point blank.

I used to bring Despoil + Loot Radar Nekros to Vodyanoi, Sedna, the level 85 Arena. With all the Ashes spamming Bladestorm there, each run took around 3 minutes max, each rewarding 300-1100 endo depending on RNG, if you managed to pick up all of the endo drops (which is what the Loot Radar aura is for since you can't use sentinels and Animal Instinct in Rathuum).

1 minute ago, Heckzu said:

I used to bring Despoil + Loot Radar Nekros to Vodyanoi, Sedna, the level 85 Arena. With all the Ashes spamming Bladestorm there, each run took around 3 minutes max, each rewarding 300-1100 endo depending on RNG, if you managed to pick up all of the endo drops (which is what the Loot Radar aura is for since you can't use sentinels and Animal Instinct in Rathuum).

What is rathuum?