Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Items on Relics

Lord_Datastorm

I was wondering why DE can't bring back a few vaulted items, I don't care which, and place them on currently used relics. Now the reason I ask is that looking at items in general on relics, the Paris Prime parts are on 19 different relics (BP 4, Grip 2, Lower Limb 3, String 5, Upper Limb 5), the Fang Prime is on 11 relics (BP 2, Blade 4, Handle 5), the Bronco Prime on 10 relics (BP 6, Barrel 2, Receiver 2). If each item available was on 1 or 2 relics you could easily bring back items rather than vault them.

Putting vaulted items on currently available relics would defeat the purpose of vaulting things. Vaulting things is in important part of Warframe's economy and DE's business model.

Also, those things that are on all kinds of relics are vanilla primes - things that will never be vaulted. Those are our ducat fodder.

It is gonna get quite out of hand if entirely new relics are created every time a prime is released. I guess Paris Prime is probably distributed like that due to how many parts it needs, but 19 places for 5 parts is excessive. Not sure what kind of system devs have in mind, but I imagine keeping track of these relics is gonna get hairy for devs and players alike. I'm still waiting on end-of-mission UI indicators for uncommon/rare rewards from relics because there's no way to easily keep track of it all.

On 10/22/2016 at 8:13 PM, pauli133 said:

Putting vaulted items on currently available relics would defeat the purpose of vaulting things. Vaulting things is in important part of Warframe's economy and DE's business model.

Also, those things that are on all kinds of relics are vanilla primes - things that will never be vaulted. Those are our ducat fodder.

But vaulted items are also on current relics out, so it does not defeat the purpose.

What would you think if you were a new-ish player farming for the Paris Prime, finally got a few Lith F1 relics for the Blueprint (because you only have access to planets with lower-level Fissures so you don't have the option of running the Meso or Axi relics), and then suddenly there was a hotfix that replaced the Paris Prime Blueprint on the Lith F1 relic with something else?

This is why DE doesn't replace items on existing relics and chooses instead to introduce new relics.

Edited by Inarticulate

Before Void 2.0, DE had the Direlect, and Tower 1 missions to add prime parts into. It is all for money reasons. This Void system wouldn't have been needed if DE just balanced loot tables instead of purposefully loading T3S R C and then say "the drops were cluttered so we need a change". There is no winning with DE unless the community pushes as hard as Vaccum.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

On 10/22/2016 at 6:12 PM, Cydro_ said:

Because there's more money in it for them if they just bring back a vaulted item every so often

This is the case. Note that they tend to unvault around every three months or so. This is more or less based on the tax quarters and can be scheduled as additional income based on an existing product. It's a forecastable resale for short.