Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

how to pitition the devs

(XBOX)RG Nadiko

Question

alright i would like to know how to pute in a ticket this is ticking me off and testing my patience i payed 150 plat for my clans emblem and it has been 2 weeks going on 3 my clan emblem is still pending why has it been pending for nearly 3 weeks and to top it off if i want to change or edit my emblem i have to pay another 150 plat DE your testing my patience i want my clans emblem and i want it now i demand you give me what i payed for i may be just one player in the warframe communitiy but more then that i am a paying customer and you have yet to deliver

Edited by (XB1)RG Nadiko

22 answers to this question

It's listed right above the payment button:

3. We review all submissions. If we approve your image, you will see your Clan Emblem implemented in the nearest hotfix or update. If we reject it, we explain to you in an email why your image was rejected. Your Platinum will not be refunded.

3 minutes ago, Dumfing said:

All companies with secure app stores do it

I was referring to the additional time required to "certify" updates, one would think that they'd trust developers who have been working for 2 or more years. The whole "added when update comes" thing is obviously understandable, they can't add more data to the game on the fly.

Edited by Praxxor

10 minutes ago, (XB1)RG Nadiko said:

sigh seriously thats stupid

To put your clan emblem into the game, they have to add it to the games files, which requires an update to the game. Because of this, they can only add clan emblems during updates and hotfixes. It's not stupid, it's programming.

Just now, Praxxor said:

I was referring to the additional time required to "certify" updates, one would think that they'd be trustful the developers who have been working for 2 or more years. The whole "added when update comes" thing is obviously understandable, they can't add more data to the game on the fly.

it's probably still safer for them to check with every update, they don't know if DE will for some reason add some malicious new feature that may not be allowed / wanted by the microsoft people

4 minutes ago, Dumfing said:

it's probably still safer for them to check with every update, they don't know if DE will for some reason add some malicious new feature that may not be allowed / wanted by the microsoft people

It's less about malicious software than it is about accidentally including a bug that may brick the hardware. It's rare, but can happen. The more mercurial and compartmentalized nature of gaming PC's means a game bug is less likely to accidentally destroy the device, but if something happens like corrupting a driver, you can just roll-back or reinstall.

All in all, Sony and MS are actually fairly quick with their certification process, so the wait can't necessarily be "blamed" on them.

But, the existence of the certification process behooves DE to lump multiple hotfixes into one larger build as opposed to the six to ten hotfixes we get rapidfire on PC. Sometimes we get 3 hotfixes in the span of an hour, sure DE could send those all one by one to MS and Sony, and wait the three to seven days for certification for each one, which would just be silly, or do what they do which is wait a week or two until they are sure they have one big build to send for certification.

Edited by Gelkor

13 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

It's less about malicious software than it is about accidentally including a bug that may brick the hardware. It's rare, but can happen.

All in all, Sony and MS are actually fairly quick with their certification process, so the wait can't necessarily be "blamed" on them.

But, the existence of the certification process behooves DE to lump multiple hotfixes into one larger build as opposed to the six to ten hotfixes we get rapidfire on PC. Sometimes we get 3 hotfixes in the span of an hour, sure DE could send those all one by one to MS and Sony, and wait the three to seven days for certification for each one, which would just be silly, or do what they do which is wait a week or two until they are sure they have one big build to send for certification.

I wonder if they can get more done by sending smaller updates that cert faster

17 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

It's less about malicious software than it is about accidentally including a bug that may brick the hardware. It's rare, but can happen. The more mercurial and compartmentalized nature of gaming PC's means a game bug is less likely to accidentally destroy the device, but if something happens like corrupting a driver, you can just roll-back or reinstall.

Bricking the device? No, that's simply impossible. The APIs do not give that level of freedom to cause any sort of lasting damage to the device. It is not rare and it can not happen at all on an official, stable OS. If you're running a custom OS that messes with the API and drivers (I don't think that those even exist for XBONE and PS4 yet) then it's your fault if you brick your device.

6 minutes ago, Praxxor said:

Bricking the device? No, that's simply impossible. The APIs do not give that level of freedom to cause any sort of lasting damage to the device. It is not rare and it can not happen at all on an official, stable OS. If you're running a custom OS that messes with the API and drivers (I don't think that those even exist for XBONE and PS4 yet) then it's your fault if you brick your device.

*shrug*

Ostensibly one of the early patches for Skyrim for the Playstation was bricking them. It's one of the reasons why patches and DLC for Playstation came soooooo late, Bethesda had a ton of trouble with making Skyrim work on PS.

18 hours ago, Gelkor said:

*shrug*

Ostensibly one of the early patches for Skyrim for the Playstation was bricking them. It's one of the reasons why patches and DLC for Playstation came soooooo late, Bethesda had a ton of trouble with making Skyrim work on PS.

I went and googled for about 15 minutes, I found literally nothing to back up your claims. Could you give me some reliable source?

Just now, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Don't forget $ony and D€ isn't innocent eather...

I mean it's Micro$oft for OP cuz he's on XB1, but I don't really believe it's DE's fault since, as someone else quoted, they warn everyone that their pics won't go live until an update.

7 minutes ago, Praxxor said:

I mean it's Micro$oft for OP cuz he's on XB1, but I don't really believe it's DE's fault since, as someone else quoted, they warn everyone that their pics won't go live until an update.

Any other game just manages that kinda stuff on internal server which do not require updates for stuff to be certified

it's not even like WF is the only MMO on consoles but it's definitly the only one that has to follow that much stupid rules including update circles..

FF14 is a great example for that.

Weekly updates, shared servers, basicly everything DE keeps blaming Sony and microsoft for in one game...

Others can do it so they most definitly do theyr part...

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

44 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Any other game just manages that kinda stuff on internal server which do not require updates for stuff to be certified

it's not even like WF is the only MMO on consoles but it's definitly the only one that has to follow that much stupid rules including update circles..

FF14 is a great example for that.

Weekly updates, shared servers, basicly everything DE keeps blaming Sony and microsoft for in one game...

Others can do it so they most definitly do theyr part...

FF14 is made by people whose boots are licked by Sony and Microsoft's XBOX part just to keep the game a console-exclusive, and it's obvious from your first sentence that you have never worked in anything related to IT, so I won't even try to correct you there.

2 hours ago, Praxxor said:

FF14 is made by people whose boots are licked by Sony and Microsoft's XBOX part just to keep the game a console-exclusive, and it's obvious from your first sentence that you have never worked in anything related to IT, so I won't even try to correct you there.

Nah man. Just allround electric ingeneer, including IT.

Thing is that the whole game usually runs on a frickin server, not just a fragment as it's here the case with p2p. The com server is still in theyr hands even on consoles. They have all the freedom. They just don't bother with the extra work.

console exclusive? Not even the example FF14 is and square did have a few games on PC.

DE is in fact the only one i see theyr boots gettin licked here...by the community and consoles... i mean isn't it harmfull for a company to be used as scapegoat on basicly any given occasion by a company? Thers been people that have been sued for less but DE...nah man, not DE. They've been doing this for years without any consequence..strange is it not?

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

2 hours ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Nah man. Just allround electric ingeneer, including IT.

Thing is that the whole game usually runs on a frickin server, not just a fragment as it's here the case with p2p. The com server is still in theyr hands even on consoles. They have all the freedom. They just don't bother with the extra work.

console exclusive? Not even the example FF14 is and square did have a few games on PC.

DE is in fact the only one i see theyr boots gettin licked here...by the community and consoles... i mean isn't it harmfull for a company to be used as scapegoat on basicly any given occasion by a company? Thers been people that have been sued for less but DE...nah man, not DE. They've been doing this for years without any consequence..strange is it not?

What is FF14 and 14 means something like 14th sequell?

19 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Thanks for confirmation and, in this case, i was affraid that i need new glasses. Square Enix with value somwhere around 1,2 billions $ against more or less independent studio living from 1 free 2 play game, uff. Btw, are u 100% sure that while 1 FF14 update is deployed next one isn ´t in CERT, even it ´s Square Enix?

22 hours ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Thanks for confirmation and, in this case, i was affraid that i need new glasses. Square Enix with value somwhere around 1,2 billions $ against more or less independent studio living from 1 free 2 play game, uff. Btw, are u 100% sure that while 1 FF14 update is deployed next one isn ´t in CERT, even it ´s Square Enix?

DE sells prime access for a totall of ~100$ every 3 months on multiple Plattforms...some studios make less with whole frickin games! kinda doubt that they're short on money themselfes...specially with this kind of community.

Whatever they do, they still manage to keep PC and consoles synchroniced.

Not only this but there have been a lotta claims that the long, VERY LONG developement/translation phases between each console patch root in a limitation set by consoles, what this game just prooves wrong. (remember how we didn't get winter sales? That was one of them too. They blamed consoles.) They do have weekly patches regardless while consoles wait months for each WF patch.

We don't even get fixed versions >.> just versions with the current buggs we have stick with for months.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108