Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bullet Jump veers right

FierceRadiance

Not sure which topic this belongs under, so mods, please relocate as needed.

For unknown reasons, bullet jump veers to the right fairly often for me and my clanmate, I'm thinking about 30% of the time or more. Never to the left. Tried to ask [DE]Drew about whether or not it was intended to work this way, and he seemed to indicate that it was a bug, not a feature. So I'm bringing it up under bugs, and asking if DE can look into fixing it.

I've heard others comment that it may have to do with the underlying terrain you're jumping from, and how there may be tiny angles that cause the jump to go off-center. But it doesn't just happen "outdoors", but also in "inside" corridors and rooms, where you would expect the floors to be uniformly flat and level.  Plus, it doesn't ever veer to the left, and if it really were an issue with terrain, you would expect it to happen to either side, at least part of the time.  I don't think I've ever seen my WF veer to the left off a bullet jump.

as ever i certainly wish Bullet Jumps were performed in context of the Player, rather than in context of the Camera.
or maybe some mixture to get more precise controls.

Just now, Inarticulate said:

It might be because bullet jumping aims for your reticle, and your reticle is by default to the right of your Warframe.

it is exactly because of that.

Yeah, I hate how everythingin this game veers to the right.  Its also hilarious how we cant shoot something standing on top of us, but still in the reticule, but we can shoot something directly behind us because the reticule is over them, but they are behind us remember...

I find it very annoying when a mob gets in close and its somehow in this magical sphere of space where no matter which way I turn I cant hit htem...its just a solid moment of pure irritation and some french....then its like fk it all to the void and I just stomp or dive away or melee them to pieces....

it's because of the crosshairs. They are slightly to the right, you are basically moving based on where your gun is being pointed rather than where the player character is heading. So this means that you have to actually put the crosshairs in the center yourself.

I mentioned this before, that we should be able to adjust the camera but nothing.

The camera on this game isnt really over the should is more over the gun.