Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Infested Weapons In-Game (Primary/secondary/Melee)

Circle_of_Psi

Question

Hello Tenno!

Mr. Legion here with acquisition and that comes with a question!, I have almost all Infested Weapons, However I am unsure what the best Infested weapon is, while I agree, it is up to the player, I've not really used Infested weapons for a long time. So this time, I do not mind seeing what the best weapon is (Or the Meta).

So I do ask, is what best Primary/secondary/Melee of each Infested weapon there is!. So anything that can melt Health or even Armor (Infested & Grinner). (I mostly enjoy Viral or Crossoeive for Infested weapons)

So anyone that can help me, will be great!

Thanks

Legion

25 answers to this question

As mentioned above, probably Mutalist Cernos, Dual Toxicysts and Caustacyst. Caustacyst is fairly new but pretty OP from what i've seen on Youtube. If in doubt you could "cheat" and get the Galatine with the Infested tennogen Skin i guess, lol.

The following are consiered by me as the best in terms of how often I use them, which to me indicates their versatility and effectiveness, they might not be the objective best as it would be hard to determine based on the wide range of differences among the weapons.

Primary: Torid

Sconary: Pox

Melee: Dual Ichor

5 hours ago, JSharpie said:

I'd proooooobably say the Mutalist Cernos, Dual Toxicysts, and Caustacyst.

5 hours ago, Extroah said:

As mentioned above, probably Mutalist Cernos, Dual Toxicysts and Caustacyst. Caustacyst is fairly new but pretty OP from what i've seen on Youtube. If in doubt you could "cheat" and get the Galatine with the Infested tennogen Skin i guess, lol.

So, what makes the Mutalist Cernos & Dual Toxicysts so special?, I've play-tested the Toxicysts and the fire-rate is super-slow. So yeah what makes the Mut-Cernors so special?, Damage?,Satus chance?, etc.

Just now, LegionCynex said:

So, what makes the Mutalist Cernos & Dual Toxicysts so special?, I've play-tested the Toxicysts and the fire-rate is super-slow. So yeah what makes the Mut-Cernors so special?, Damage?,Satus chance?, etc.

I'm a melee nut so i'm probably far off from how they really are, but the Cernos is awesome because of its gas Cloud. I could swear that i saw a video couple Months back on Youtube that showed the Cloud decimating LV 100 Enemies pretty quickly.

55 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

If you get a headshot with the Toxicysts, you get infinite ammo and an insanely fast fire-rate for the damage output it does. You don't even need to kill, just land a shot on their head. The Mutalist Cernos is just a powerful status bow.

2 minutes ago, Extroah said:

I'm a melee nut so i'm probably far off from how they really are, but the Cernos is awesome because of its gas Cloud. I could swear that i saw a video couple Months back on Youtube that showed the Cloud decimating LV 100 Enemies pretty quickly.

1 minute ago, JSharpie said:

If you get a headshot with the Toxicysts, you get infinite ammo and an insanely fast fire-rate for the damage output it does. You don't even need to kill, just land a shot on their head. The Mutalist Cernos is just a powerful status bow.

Humm, I see, thanks you two, I'll see what I can do with it!

Tho atm, I am falling in love with the Phage.

Don't forget the awesome power of the Pox.  Those things were good enough for me to swap out my Akstiletto Primes for them.  Corrosive/Blast build and just watch it eat through armor, health, and nullifier bubbles.  It totally jacks up Vey Hek and Juggernauts without wasting ammo. 

2 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Don't forget the awesome power of the Pox.  Those things were good enough for me to swap out my Akstiletto Primes for them.  Corrosive/Blast build and just watch it eat through armor, health, and nullifier bubbles.  It totally jacks up Vey Hek and Juggernauts without wasting ammo. 

Flight time is a issue tho

4 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

Flight time is a issue tho

It's a grenade with multiple hitting duration cloud.  Flight time is not much of an issue at all (IMO).  It does have Flight drop off which takes some getting use to for longer ranges.  I use it to set traps in enemies path and to group kill enemies. 

Just now, DatDarkOne said:

It's a grenade with multiple hitting duration cloud.  Flight time is not much of an issue at all (IMO).  It does have Flight drop off which takes some getting use to for longer ranges.  I use it to set traps in enemies path and to group kill enemies. 

Ahh ok, is there a way to make the flight-tame faster?

47 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Yes, you can make the flight time faster with mods for secondaries.  I can't remember the exact ones right now. 

Lethal Momentum, also, not sure, maybe Ruinous Extension could be applied.

Edit: RE work only on Continuous weapons. LM on Pox affects both speed and range, like Terminal Velocity on Torid.

Edited by (PS4)Onder6099
Forgot read Wiki first