Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How hard are sorties?

Callback

Question

I tried to join a group yesterday but it seemed really disorganized and fell apart quickly.  First they wanted to go when we had only recruited 3 members, is that doable?  Second they wanted to go as soon as the group was formed instead of organizing frame setup and strategy first.  Is that normal?  I would think that for "bow only defense" you would arrange like a Frost Loki Trinity core, and pick something good for damage or extra cc for the last slot.  Also trying to talk augments since I don't have the new snow globe one yet, seeing who would be best to Frost.

Speaking of Frost, which is better for a globe build?  Squall or aurora?  +75 armor vs +15% power strength.

Anyway, back to sorties.  They seem like the kind of thing where you at least want to organize a basic team composition before starting, right?  Like at least as much care as you would put into a T4D run back when the void was good.

8 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

I always run with randoms and never have a problem, hell half of the time I do them solo.

Always random too never got too much trouble.

They are not rly hard but fun to see how fellow tenno manage those.

8 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

I always run with randoms and never have a problem, hell half of the time I do them solo.

Thats literaly cheating !

Edited by trunks013

Sorties can be cheesed with the proper tools.

Since the sortie defense is not like the regular defense where you protect a cryo pod, its a moving NPC. Get an RQ banshee with a buffer and ev.... Gz cheesed the whole thing.... Or if you want to move around and kill, get a limbo, banish the NPC and do the rest of the work with weapons which your protection target is invulnerable (Unless the Limbo part was hotfixed or reworked since i haven't used limbo for a long time).

Sorties currently are a joke for Veterans, regarding both difficulty and rewards. They're too easy. Even whilst soloing, they're too easy. Yes, even interception and defense. The only times I offer to join a public group is when a excavation mission is active, mainly because of the spawn rates. Soloing a excavation takes literally decades. Spawn rates are atrocious. The only reason i ran sorties initially were for Fusion cores/Endo, so i could prepare to max out future Primed Mods from Baro. Unfortunately, Baro doesn't seem like introducing a new Primed Mod anytime soon so, i simply stopped running daily sorties xD. 

5 minutes ago, PrimeDCookieMonstah said:

Sorties can be cheesed with the proper tools.

Since the sortie defense is not like the regular defense where you protect a cryo pod, its a moving NPC. Get an RQ banshee with a buffer and ev.... Gz cheesed the whole thing.... Or if you want to move around and kill, get a limbo, banish the NPC and do the rest of the work with weapons which your protection target is invulnerable (Unless the Limbo part was hotfixed or reworked since i haven't used limbo for a long time).

Like a rescue target?  And it's banishable?

1 hour ago, Callback said:

How do you do solo defense with the Mesa nerf?

I solo defense missions with Mesa whenever it's not Corpus Defense (because nullifiers) because she's the best DPS frame for higher level missions without requiring any buffs. She wasn't nerfed, in fact she was made into the highest DPS warframe. Just use Primed Flow, max efficiency, and fully modded crit pistols. At the start of the mission, use a Large Team Energy Restore to get full energy, then go to where the Operative is, get to high ground, and press 4 and sliding your mouse left and right while holding down LMB and you'll shoot everything in sight. Each wave only lasts 30 seconds to 1 minute, and just pick up all the dropped energy orbs in between rounds.

Example of fully modded crit pistols:

Spoiler

PNF3B5x.png

Edited by Heckzu

Do you have to constantly cancel and restart tho since the reticle shrinks so fast?  It seems like it's only meant to DPS bosses now, tho Valkyr and Ivara do that very well too.              

Edited by Callback

1 hour ago, Callback said:

Do you have to constantly cancel and restart tho since the reticle shrinks so fast?  It seems like it's only meant to DPS bosses now, tho Valkyr and Ivara do that very well too.              

I think you quoted the wrong person, but if you're asking about using Mesa for defense sorties, I get by with only cancelling Peacemaker once, at most twice for each wave because I'm used to manually aiming at everything. No other warframe can solo kill as many enemies as fast as Mesa can at a sortie level.

5 minutes ago, Heckzu said:

I think you quoted the wrong person, but if you're asking about using Mesa for defense sorties, I get by with only cancelling Peacemaker once, at most twice for each wave because I'm used to manually aiming at everything. No other warframe can solo kill as many enemies as fast as Mesa can at a sortie level.

Yeah it posted the wrong quote, probably because I had it open in a different reply that I cancelled.

Anyway that pistol build is 3 primed mods I don't have, plus all of them are maxed (I haven't even maxed hornet strike or serration.  Too many credits.  I think I put most of my 10 ranks including the few primed mods I was on for to 8.)

Edited by Callback

Just now, Callback said:

Yeah it posted the wrong quote, probably because I had it open in a different reply that I cancelled.

Anyway that pistol build is 3 primed mods I don't have, plus all of them are maxed (I haven't even maxed hornet strike or serration.  Too many credits.)

it should be fine without primed mods, as long as you have the regular counterpart, or ranked 10 mods as long as it's at least rank 7. 

Regulator Pistols' damage, according to the wiki:

Mesa's Regulator pistols inflict 125 base damage per shot which is further increased by an initial multiplier of 100% / 115% / 133% / 150%. The Regulators' damage multiplier increases as gunshots are fired until a maximum multiplier of ? / ? / ? / 375% is reached. All gunshots have a 300% critical damage multiplier with a 25% critical chance, a 10% status chance, and 100% accuracy.

The base damage is 25 less than Lex Prime, but it has a 3.0 crit multiplier whereas Lex Prime has a 2.0 crit multiplier. So Peacemaker is comparable to a full auto and unlimited ammo Lex Prime in terms of damage, before including its ramping up damage which makes Peacemaker deal godly damage.

It isn't hard if you know what tools you need for each sortie, and can mod frames and weapons with some degree of competence. Frankly, sorties are more about preparation and common sense than they are about anything else. Radiation status enhanced mode? Slap on radiation defenses and unequip all AOE and syndicate weapons. Low-energy mode? Mod for efficiency and energy pool. Very high level endless? Grab a frame that is very hard to kill. 

I always enter my sortie missions with the loadout I want, because that's how I always do it. Frankly, I don't see many people ever switch their build in the middle of the "ready up" phase of a mission. Team composition isn't really important, so long as people know what they are doing, except when you have a defense mode. If you are playing a defensive mode then you want a Frost. In those cases I always bring Frost Prime because, frankly, everyone and their mother doesn't equip him because they expect someone else to be Frost.

As for Squall vs Aurora... I go for more armor, because it too buffs Snowglobe and because power strength doesn't do crap if I'm down.

8 minutes ago, Insizer said:

It isn't hard if you know what tools you need for each sortie, and can mod frames and weapons with some degree of competence. Frankly, sorties are more about preparation and common sense than they are about anything else. Radiation status enhanced mode? Slap on radiation defenses and unequip all AOE and syndicate weapons. Low-energy mode? Mod for efficiency and energy pool. Very high level endless? Grab a frame that is very hard to kill. 

I always enter my sortie missions with the loadout I want, because that's how I always do it. Frankly, I don't see many people ever switch their build in the middle of the "ready up" phase of a mission. Team composition isn't really important, so long as people know what they are doing, except when you have a defense mode. If you are playing a defensive mode then you want a Frost. In those cases I always bring Frost Prime because, frankly, everyone and their mother doesn't equip him because they expect someone else to be Frost.

As for Squall vs Aurora... I go for more armor, because it too buffs Snowglobe and because power strength doesn't do crap if I'm down.

Do I need the new augment to Frost well in sorties?  I mean he was fine before but if it's me without it vs someone else with it aren't I better off letting them do it?  The globe one is new and I've been spending rep since getting back mostly on the new weapons (primary and melee).  Haven't touched augments yet, plus I'll need to organize some trades for the others.  Is the Trinity overshield one good?  Cause I'd need to trade for that too.  Plus they removed archwing weapon parts from mission drop tables and put them in syndicates?  So all the new weapons I need to buy or trade for as well...  Also eternal war and hysterical assault look decent for Valkyr so I might be trading for those too...

Edited by Callback

15 minutes ago, Callback said:

Do I need the new augment to Frost well in sorties?  I mean he was fine before but if it's me without it vs someone else with it aren't I better off letting them do it?  The globe one is new and I've been spending rep since getting back mostly on the new weapons (primary and melee).  Haven't touched augments yet, plus I'll need to organize some trades for the others.  Is the Trinity overshield one good?  Cause I'd need to trade for that too.  Plus they removed archwing weapon parts from mission drop tables and put them in syndicates?  So all the new weapons I need to buy or trade for as well...  Also eternal war and hysterical assault look decent for Valkyr so I might be trading for those too...

the new augment? Do you mean Chilling Globe? It helps, but you don't need it. The main use of Snowglobe is protection.

1 hour ago, Insizer said:

the new augment? Do you mean Chilling Globe? It helps, but you don't need it. The main use of Snowglobe is protection.

I know I don't need it, Frost was plenty useful before it existed.  I'm asking in a group situation where somebody else DOES have it and I don't if I should defer to them for Frost tho.