Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Newbie questions!

(XBOX)SoloSickness

Question

New to the game. And new to mmo's in general. I'm rank 3 but I've got my wepons and starter frame maxed.. basically trying to assemble rhino and get a kubrow. but I'm wondering if that's what I should be focusing on?

1>Should I be looking for a good clan? I hear I need clan research for things in the future. can anyone explain what that means? 

2>Should I be focusing on unlocking all nodes per planet? or just getting to the planets and doing the junction requirments? 

3> is the boltor a decent gun? worth putting the orokin catalyst on? 

4>what's the key to finding good mods? random luck? or will I literally not find mods worth anything doing early missions like earth. Mars. and phobos? 

5>mods like equilibrium.  or even stance mods that don't have a % or number to see increase when you fuse it... what happens when you upgrade it? how do I know the increase is worth it? (probably a dumb question)

6> how can I make some platinum? being new I don't know what anything is worth. I have some prime parts and prime warframe blueprints but nobody seems to want them.. even for like 5 platnum.

7>does anyone want to be my friend? lol I feel helpless but I truly truly love this game. I have so many questions honestly so many more will come to me. and I know that's probably really annoying. but I really appreciate any time anyone takes to help guide me in he right direction. 

much love!

-SoloSickness

9 answers to this question

1) Yes, and research weapons are blueprints that can only be accessed through a clan. They are often stronger than average, and there are some Warframes and Archwings that would be good to have from research as well.

2) Yes, both.

3) Yes, its pretty strong, but you may want to hold out for a stronger weapon down the line. Your call. 

4) Mods are mostly gained through chance, but trade can also be helpful. If you scan enemies you can see what mods they drop in the codex. 

5) Equilibrium just yields more health per energy orb and vice versa as you rank it up. IIRC it maxes out at 26.5 health/energy per energy/health orb. Fusing into stances just unlocks more combos. 

6) Trade chat is going to be your friend for making platinum. You can sell mods and prime parts (as well as Kubrow imprints) for platinum. The price is normally determined by demand.

7) I unfortunately can't send you a friend request as I'm on PC but I am often around on the forums so you may see me around here. 

Good luck Tenno!

1) Yes, check the recruitment here on the forum or on the recruiting chat in game.
2) Do as you please. but more planets open, more missions available.
3) There will be better weapons to put a orokin catalyst on, but that's just my opinion, you can check this for more info:  http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons
4) There will be mods in every planet, but it will depends on what you need for your equipment, you can check this for more info: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mods 

5) About the stance mods: " Leveling up Stance mods increases the amount of additional mod capacity they provide, as well as unlocks additional Melee Combos for use."

6) 

7) I can't. Our races can't mix!!! xD PC Master Race!!! :P

PS: Check http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki and Youtubers guides for beginners (Tactical Potato has some)

48 minutes ago, (XB1)SoloSickness said:

New to the game. And new to mmo's in general. I'm rank 3 but I've got my wepons and starter frame maxed.. basically trying to assemble rhino and get a kubrow. but I'm wondering if that's what I should be focusing on?

1>Should I be looking for a good clan? I hear I need clan research for things in the future. can anyone explain what that means? 

2>Should I be focusing on unlocking all nodes per planet? or just getting to the planets and doing the junction requirments? 

3> is the boltor a decent gun? worth putting the orokin catalyst on? 

4>what's the key to finding good mods? random luck? or will I literally not find mods worth anything doing early missions like earth. Mars. and phobos? 

5>mods like equilibrium.  or even stance mods that don't have a % or number to see increase when you fuse it... what happens when you upgrade it? how do I know the increase is worth it? (probably a dumb question)

6> how can I make some platinum? being new I don't know what anything is worth. I have some prime parts and prime warframe blueprints but nobody seems to want them.. even for like 5 platnum.

7>does anyone want to be my friend? lol I feel helpless but I truly truly love this game. I have so many questions honestly so many more will come to me. and I know that's probably really annoying. but I really appreciate any time anyone takes to help guide me in he right direction. 

much love!

-SoloSickness

1. A "Good Clan" isn't exactly a #1 need, but it's something that's nice to have. Quite a few of the better weapons are ClanTech, meaning the components and BPs are only from Dojo Research Labs.

2. Unlocking every node is required IF, and only IF, you plan on using Resource Extractors... this means every node has to be completed, or blue, thus unlocked.

3. The Boltor is a rather "meh" weapon in general. The Boltor Prime is your better bet.

4. All mod finds are based on the mood of the Almighty RNGesus, to whom thousands of heathens (Grineer, Corpus, Infested and Sentient) are sacrificed hourly in hopes of improving His mood... hunting the proper targets also helps immensely.

5. With a few exceptions (usually Corrupted mods), maxing out a mod is always worth it... every mod has uses... to a point... the various anti-faction mods are comparably worthless.

6. Making plat off the playerbase is a challenge. It takes time, and a bit of practice.

7. Hey, everyone starts somewhere... even after a few years, sometimes I find things that make me feel greener than Saryn's Miasma. I'd be happy to assist in dealing with your questions. :3

Edited by NinjaKitsune56

1 hour ago, (XB1)SoloSickness said:

much love!

-SoloSickness

You are welcome to join my clan

100% research done, and will guide you whenever we are both on

Welcome to the game!

Others already gave you some excellent suggestions and I got one thing to add.  May I recommend that you don't get a kubrow right now.  It's a huge credit drain and it's really not worth the amount of credit and resources you spend on hatching and maintaining one.  Not to mention if you don't have the upgraded incubation segment, your kubrow will die from DNA degradation if you forget to put it into the freezer before an extended leave.  You should get a sentinel instead.  Any of them would be fine because they all use the vacuum mod now which is a huge quality of life improvement especially for someone starting out and needing a lot of credits and resources.  

As for planets, open as many nodes and planets as possible.  You don't need to complete them just yet, but it'll be useful when you need to get to certain nodes for alerts.  Completing all the nodes is a long term project, but I recommend you at least complete the low level planets so you can send extractors to farm resources.

Boltor is an ok gun, but I recommend you try out other primaries before you settle down with Boltor.  I think with a catalyst it can get you through a chunk of the star chart, but definitely try other weapons first.

Definitely get into a good clan with active members, preferably one has completed most if not all of the clan tech research.  

1> For a new player the free reserch would help a lot. You don't "Need" a clan. You just need a Dojo.

2> Yes, you want access to all planets for nightmare mode in addition to alerts or fissures that might spawn on those nodes.

3> Boltor Prime has just about phased out. It's only decent against armored enemies and even so there's better options.

4> It's best to look up on the wiki for what drops the specific mod you're after.

5> Stances give more mod capacity and access to other combos. Mods like equilibrium have hidden numbers that are again best looked up on the wiki.

6> Syndicate missions are a good way of making plat by selling the mods. Prime sets are also good for new players.

13 hours ago, Xzorn said:

1> For a new player the free reserch would help a lot. You don't "Need" a clan. You just need a Dojo.

To build a Dojo from scratch and finish all the research he will need a lifetime

If he needs a dojo with everything built in it then he needs a clan

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

To build a Dojo from scratch and finish all the research he will need a lifetime

If he needs a dojo with everything built in it then he needs a clan

13 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Free research is by joining someone's Clan.

OP said "I hear I need clan research" when in reality most Dojo research is mastery fodder. There's only about 4 weapons and 2 frames worth anything these days and one of those frames is next to be primed. You can also buy the weapons off the market if you have money to invest over time. So you don't need it by any means.

I'm mentioning the option because some people prefer solo play and I personally enjoy having full control over my Dojo decorations. There's also the concept that joining a Clan is a commitment and should not be done solely for research access despite the game's design.

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

Free research is by joining someone's Clan.

OP said "I hear I need clan research" when in reality most Dojo research is mastery fodder. There's only about 4 weapons and 2 frames worth anything these days and one of those frames is next to be primed. You can also buy the weapons off the market if you have money to invest over time. So you don't need it by any means.

I'm mentioning the option because some people prefer solo play and I personally enjoy having full control over my Dojo decorations. There's also the concept that joining a Clan is a commitment and should not be done solely for research access despite the game's design.

can you imagine to build a dojo how much time he will consume in addition to the resources? formas? and credits?

OP: you are welcome to try, but my advice, join a clan