Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aw, I was enjoying the Friendly Fire mode

Twilight053

Yup, had some of my most interesting games in months.   I only play solo and pub, no organized squads.  Fun to see a random group form  a tactical squad that works on the fly.   Of course there were tards that would mess things up once in a while, but they were few and between and easy enough to avoid once you saw what they were doing.   Another simplification, turning us from playing with technic, to legos and soon to be duplos.

It was more fun than conclave honestly and it wasn't even the intended use for it. If they re-added this feature they should make it so only weapons damage allies, because AoE abilities were definitely the biggest cause of the problem. Also, the AoE damage from syndicate blasts should also not count, I ended up killing more teammates shooting the enemies than I expected possible.

If they want to keep it really chaotic, then just apply permanent radiation proc on all the units in the map. That way target aoe abilities such as world on fire and mirage's disco ball could hit allies too, making it harder for the team to proceed with abilities, and having to rely on their weapon's accuracy...

Or force the player to go solo, which is what most people ended up doing.

they took it out? aww.

don't worry guys, they might just be reworking it to be more bearable. it may get re-added in the future.

3 hours ago, GDSK-NXS said:

If they re-added this feature they should make it so only weapons damage allies, because AoE abilities were definitely the biggest cause of the problem.

this. at the very least it would narrow down the Friendly fire incidents to trolls and accidents only.

Yeah I really wanted to like it but it just felt so bad.

The only time I tried it was just a defense mission on Earth and it took far too long because we kept inadvertently killing each other.

Also because some Zeph thought it was a great idea to spam tornadoes.

Edited by Corue