Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Galatine Prime vs Nikana Prime

Diegander

Question

20 answers to this question

they're both top tier, so it mostly boils down to style and personal preference. the Galatine can go just as fast as the Nikana with berserker or Primed Fury, but the Nikana has some great combos too. I favour Galatine prime, but only because of my love for Heavy Blades, Nikana prime is still one of my favourites.

Depends on the enemy you are facing. If you are going against hordes of infested then go with galatine prime. But if you are facing grineer or corrupted, you should use the nikana because the combo from tranquil cleave iirc can kill a high level bombard really fast (im talking lvl 120). Also galatine is good against corpus because of tempo royale (you can kill nullifiers easily)

In high levels Nikana is best for killing single targets. But galatine and tempo royale gives you momentum (cant be knocked down) and also gives you cc. So it depends in what you prefer because in terms of damage they are both great

Edited by ShocK.-

it is weird that nikana prime can rival galatine prime cause nikana prime mastery rank 0 but galatine prime is mastery rank 13

idk but for me i guess galatine prime is good for tank warframes rhino, valkyr even valkyr i i doubt that she is good with galatine on the other side nikana prime i guess is good for other frames like volt, excalibur ..etc

16 minutes ago, Lalaef said:

Galatine. If you'll get Maiming Strike along with standart crit build... RIP 120 lvl Heavy Gunner

WoW WoW Maiming strike with the Minimum price on market 500P for this mod XD RIP Me not the heavy gunner XDD

I prefer Nikanas over heavy Weapons like the Galatine. They are too bulky and slow for me.

They do have more reach, yeah, but in the time it takes to kill 5 enemies with 1 swing with Galatine i could've already killed more than that with multiple Nikana slashes...Nikanas are fast as hell.

2 hours ago, Diegander said:

what do you think guys witch is better against high rank enemies that can kill faster! cause i wanna buy one

In my opinion this is not just about the swords itself but also about the stances that both use...

Galatine's Tempo Royale is probably the best stance of heavies and will allow you to knockdown a lot. So with a properly modded galatine, the range that it will cover makes it by far the best sword against most of the in-game content but Nikana's stances open enemies to finishers on the pause combo of tranquil cleave and a 100% slash proc on the third combo, I believe that decisive judgement also has one combo that opens enemies to finishers. So in end game matches I'd say that nikana is way better cause finisher damage kills faster...

You didn't asked about Broken-War but this one equipped with crimson dervish has a good dps almost close or maybe even more than nikana/galatine while it still have a combo that opens enemies to finishers like nikana but said combo is easier to trigger...

Concluding, in my opinion choose what suits you cause you can do the same content with both and you will need them anyway to rank up your MR... watch some of those videos that shows the swords in action like those from AGayGuyPlays and others then choose based on your playstyle...

Edited by Azyrt

2 hours ago, Azyrt said:

II believe that decisive judgement also has one combo that opens enemies to finishers.

Yes, the final hit of the 'pause' combo opens enemies to Finishers. However the stance is pretty much garbage by comparison to Tranquil Cleave and Blind Justice due to it's oddly thin hitbox that makes it's flips and jumps require good aim to even land.

You didn't asked about Broken-War but this one equipped with crimson dervish has a good dps almost close or maybe even more than nikana/galatine while it still have a combo that opens enemies to finishers like nikana but said combo is easier to trigger...

The finisher opener is the 'backward' combo. It's rather sh*tty to pull off without Primed Reach as you will go back a few steps not hitting whatever you had in front of you.

Edited by Nazrethim

Galatine Prime outdamages it with ease. The spinning combo form the Cleaving Whirlwind Stance slices through hordes of enemies like a knife through butter. 

I personally find the Nikana stances to all be pretty bad, 2 of them have a finisher combo which is great for single target usage, but it's a bit annoying to pull off when berserk is activated. 

2 minutes ago, kyori said:

If Galatine vs Nikana with just normal easy to get mods, who is better? No primed fury, berserker... maiming strike etc

That will truly depend on playstyle and/or possibly frame choice also. In the case you've presented, I would choose the Nikana P.