Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed Cryo Rounds worth using?

Cyborg-Rox

Question

Obviously, the extra damage this Primed mod gives you is quite significant, but the fact that it's cold damage messes up with my elements, and I don't know if it will end up being worth using.

The case I'm particularly looking to fit it in is on my beloved Karak Wraith. I have 4 slots for elements, and Primed Cryo Rounds will be a straight improvement on my Corpus and Infested loadout, but Grineer I'm not sure.

On my Grineer loadout I'm using 240% Corrosive and 90% Heat. Fitting in Primed Cryo Rounds would mean removing 60% Corrosive, and turning the 90% Heat into 255% Blast, which is weak against Ferrite Armor. An alternative to this would be going 180% Radiation and 255% Viral, but I'm not sure it will be better in general.

Just to be clear, I'm not looking to go endgame with this. I'm just looking at level 50, maybe 60 max. And before you mention it, yes, I know using a maxed Cryo Rounds would require 8 Forma, but that's nothing compared to all the Endo I spent maxing all the Primed Bane mods for it... Yes, seriously. I wub my lil' Carbine

10 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Corrosive and 90% Heat. Fitting in Primed Cryo Rounds would mean removing 60% Corrosive, and turning the 90% Heat into 255% Blast, which is weak against Ferrite Armor. An alternative to this would be going 180% Radiation and 255% Viral, but I'm not sure it will be better in general.

Why don't you go Corrosive and Cold (effective against Ferrite and Alloy and Shields and Movement) instead of Heat?

Cold is good against alloy and good against shields, with the additional freeze if you trigger status. My standard anti grinner is actually corrosive, cold since cold helps vs alloy armour if you run solo often. In a group you cheese with 4xCP anyways.  

6 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Yeah, I just realized. Blast will forever remain useless.

Blast is actualy for weapons with high status to instalock an opponent.

if you didn't have the chance its actualy supper funny to try ^.^ 

not good at all but still super funny !

Edited by trunks013

If you only care about fighting lvl 50 - 60 enemies then I don't see the point in the question.

No?

I mean..... Either the damage difference and type matter or they don't and for lvl 50 - 60, the difference doesn't matter.