Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What elemental build is more effective against Alloy Armor?

Gorila_Azul

Question

So, looking through the wiki, the most obvious answer is seemingly Radiation and Cold. However, say I have a weapon with high status chance, high slash damage and high viral damage, which I would use by applying several viral procs to half the enemy's health along with several slash DoT procs.

Radiation and Cold damage would have, in conjunction, a +100% damage multiplier against an enemy with Alloy Armor at 100% health.

Slash procs would have a -50% damage multiplier against an enemy with Alloy Armor, but at 50% health from the Viral proc.

So what kills an enemy with Alloy Armor faster? +100% damage multiplier against 100% health or -50% damage multiplier against 50% health?

8 answers to this question

Depends on what levels you're playing. If you're playing very high levels lvl 120+, using a good status with mostly slash dmg melee, viral/slash status build is the way to go. It cuts enemies HP by -50% and the slash procs totally ignore the armor. But that is only for high status and high slash melee weapons. Melees like ninkondi are the best with corrosive.

On guns with high status that can apply procs very quickly, you're always better off using corrosive. Not only to deal with ferrite armor easier but also to strip the armor away and not let your damage get to fall off much.

But if you're attending low to mid levels, go radiation then for the damage. Now to answer your question:

10 minutes ago, Gorila_Azul said:

So what kills an enemy with Alloy Armor faster? +100% damage multiplier against 100% health or -50% damage multiplier against 50% health?

You said you have high slash and high status. Viral would be miles better then.

In terms of scaling Viral + Slash.

Technically Corrosive + Slash but given the options Viral + Slash.

-50% modifier doesn't matter much because a Bleed proc produces 245% of your weapons base damage that ignores armor.

Edited by Xzorn

1 hour ago, Gorila_Azul said:

It's because I'm focusing more on the procs in this build.

Even then, Slash procs from a critical hit are what you should be lusting after,
so replace Shred (Dread has Punch Through on fully charged shots,
switch Speed Trigger out for Vile Acceleration if you want more charge speed)
and Hammer Shot with Point Strike and Vital Sense, bam, massive Slash procs :D

6 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Even then, Slash procs from a critical hit are what you should be lusting after,
so replace Shred (Dread has Punch Through on fully charged shots,
switch Speed Trigger out for Vile Acceleration if you want more charge speed)
and Hammer Shot with Point Strike and Vital Sense, bam, massive Slash procs :D

With not as many procs to enjoy. I might tweak the fire rate mods, but I want to keep the status chance high, so I'm keeping Hammer Shot.

The meta can be tossed out the airlock, for all I care.