Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we have Faster Weapon Swap speed without having to use mods as a crutch

--Q--Ascended-Seraphim

7 hours ago, --Q--Ascended-Seraphim said:

I wish we could swap weapons on the fly and land multi weapon combos . That'll make warframe much more of an action game.

Currently I just stick with a powerful primary through out the map unless I run out of ammo.

I died a ton of times solo-ing conculysts and battalysts because my weapons were stuck in my warframe's buttcrack and refuses to come out quick enough. 

Not cool and extremely annoying.

Please greatly increase the weapon swap speeds.

Thanks. 

Good idea there , no point for those mods that increase swap speed

Shouldn't mods be there to compensate for a weakness? Weapon switching is slow because you're supposed to use a mod if it's a big enough deal to you. 

Will this be the new campaign on the forums now? You guys got vacuum on every sentinel, will it be weapon switching now? It won't stop unless DE puts their foot down. there will allways something players want easier. 

Having certain QoL issues not be optimal is part of the game. It makes modding relevant, it provides choice. modding for just stat boost is boring and creates mandatory mods.

The problem isn't weapon switching, I think DE needs to make utility mods more enticing by combing then with other utilities or stat boost. Speed switch should be combined with another utility, or a weaker version of a popular standalone. we should have various vitality mods for example. One that's pure strength, and others that are weaker, but combined with a utility. This is the only way people will really get into utilities. armored agility is a great start, they just need to expand it to ALL utilities.  A player won't be tempted to use just speed switch, but add maglev and rush to that aura and suddenly it becomes an viable option.

Edited by Hypernaut1

2 hours ago, _Vortus_ said:

So moving to a safe area to swap rather than stand their and get shot isn't tactics....

I wished to stop, but I just could not ignore this ignorance.

For once, try to understand what this thread is about.

The whole point of this thread is the ability to swap weapons quickly mid-battle for more variations.

No one is talking about moving to a safe area to swap. If that was the case, we wouldn't have this thread. You don't need Speed Holster if you move behind a cover. Common sense, if someone is successful in moving behind cover, the holster speed becomes a moot point because it becomes fine to take couple of seconds more to swap.

you don't recognize your loadout as part of tactics as well. 

I do recognize my loadout as a part of preparation of the mission. That is exactly why I and quite a few others(in fact, majority) wants a better experience of swapping to other weapons mid-battle instead of sticking to only one weapon.

So thats pretty much all that needs said, well done indeed.

We were discussing about the stars and you referred to the corals, well done indeed.

18 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

The problem isn't weapon switching, I think DE needs to make utility mods more enticing by combing then with other utilities or stat boost. Speed switch should be combined with another utility, or a weaker version of a popular standalone.

Honestly, I was disagreeing with the first part of your post.

But I think the quoted idea is a great idea as well. It's true that if Speed Holster gave as many mod points as Steel Charge, I probably would have used it over others, maybe even ES.

@deadshot5456  Now, maybe this is getting lost in translation somewhere, be it my failure to explain properly my line of thinking or the density of your thought process.  Swapping in a safe manner to me can be during roll when breaking contact, or a parkour move, it does not mean going behind cover at all times.  Breaking contact, aim or whatever is needed to give me a break to swap.  And if you do recognize your loadout as part of tactics, and want a faster swap, then use the proper mod to do so.   Assuming a majority want something done of anything on a forum without consulting an actual majority, forum logic at its finest.  

Actually mods do not help much.
There is an extra delay between the animations.

Warframe allows client prediction so you can shoot and use abilities instantly even if you are not the host and the game is lagging.

However, weapon swapping suffers from net latency.

Edited by aerosoul1337