Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Headshot only modifier

Faulcun

10 hours ago, Arceus255 said:

Maybe a mode where damage taken by enemies is reduced, unless you hit them in a spot with a multiplier.

Well thats kinda the idea. Any shots on an enemy that isnt a headshot will deal 0 damage. The only way to deal damage and kill them is by headshots. Otherwise, its like just playing a normal mission with banshee if the damage location is random.

Problem with this idea:
The large number of enemies that don't have headshot areas.

For example:
Infested chargers, all kinds of ospreys, corpus humans (because their helmets don't count as weak-spots until they are shot off), rollers, the vast majority of arch-wing (and submersible) enemies.
And that is without going with bosses if it happens to appear on a boss node, such  as Raptor, or Ruk, or the Hyena/Jackal models (their heads don't count as weakspots)....

The simple fact is that there simply is too many common enemies that you can't get headshots on.
I mean think of trying to do a "Headshot only - Infested Exterminate/Defense" or "Headshot only - Corpus Exterminate/Defense" as those would become literally impossible to complete.  Hek, not even the grineer would be safe in those missions if they spawn Rollers...

So you can't have it just deal 0 damage if you don't hit the head simply due to the number of enemies that don't have a weakspot to hit.

Edited by Tsukinoki

6 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

Problem with this idea:

For example:
Infested chargers, all kinds of ospreys, corpus humans (because their helmets don't count as weak-spots until they are shot off), rollers, the vast majority of arch-wing (and submersible) enemies.
And that is without going with bosses if it happens to appear on a boss node, such  as Raptor, or Ruk, or the Hyena/Jackal models (their heads don't count as weakspots)....

The simple fact is that there simply is too many common enemies that you can't get headshots on.
I mean think of trying to do a "Headshot only - Infested Exterminate/Defense" or "Headshot only - Corpus Exterminate/Defense" as those would become literally impossible to complete.  Hek, not even the grineer would be safe in those missions if they spawn Rollers...

So you can't have it just deal 0 damage if you don't hit the head simply due to the number of enemies that don't have a weakspot to hit.

I mean..... those missions can be limited to enemies that can be headshot...

But im pretty sure chargers can be headshot, and i believe punch through works on corpus helmets as well. Perhaps its time for DE to address headshots on those enemies anyways. I would imagine it would be a simple task to complete.

1 hour ago, Tsukinoki said:

Problem with this idea:

For example:

if that was the case then more balancing would be .5 on none headshot but 3x on headshot which the ones youve listed wouls still die rather easly and the tanker ones would be easyer and maybe everything have a 2x or so health multiplyer