The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unfair kickbots

Duerand

1 minute ago, Rekkou said:

There is nothing jerk about the message, it's short, informative, impersonal, and actually implies it was an automated message. You're just upset and trying victimize yourself by blame something else to save your own face.

That's the truth.  And honestly, it's no big deal.  EVERYONE gets the boot by kickbot at some point.

55 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

One:  Stop being a baby.

Two:  If you don't want to play then don't.

Three:  The EXACT same thing happened to me.  My first ever message was a WTB in the region chat & I got kicked.  I however was embarrassed for making the mistake.  I didn't get angry at the company for enforcing their rules.

After all, I made the mistake.  Just like you did.

Four:  Seriously, stop acting like a baby.  Grow up and enjoy the game.

1. the nick you use gives me the feeling that youre talking about yourself ^^)

2. there is nothing wrong for DE not acting like a greedy loud screaming development baby in general ...

just for balancing the "threat" here for some innocent wish of the threadopener, the bots talk and appear like internet-trolls (^^ the game-development appears since a time too like a energy-stealing-troll ... not everybody can protect themselves before this trolling ^^)

Edited by Guest

I believe that's a kickbot.

He kicks you from chats for not talking properly. Things like WTS, WTB, LF, Host and also certain controversial words like "gay" for example will get you kicked immediately.

You can reverse the kick by simply reloging though.

Also there no DE staff working inside the game FYI. There is only Kickbot and freelance chat moderators.

2 hours ago, Phasedragon said:

It's not like you were penalized. It was just a kick. You weren't banned, you weren't added to a list, you weren't even warned. It was just a little prod in the right direction, so that you know what to do the next time. No need to be worried about it :)

doesn't matter that he was not penalized. He just feels slighted because of poor customer service. we've all been there, with DE or someone else.

2 hours ago, Duerand said:

So I am pretty new to the game. I started the account a long time ago but never really played. Finally I have time to play the game and sit down to play. A few days in as I am starting to figure things out another player is nice enough to give me advice about a frame and how to buy the mods I need.

So I go to the Bazaar and try what they said. 

I put WTB ...blah blah blah.. And wait to see if anyone replies.

I get a reply alright. {DE} Gentlewooding You have been kicked out of region chat next time you need to use trade chat. 

I am like WTF? So why am I kicked out of region chat? Where is the rule that governs this? Why not a friendly, Hey there is a trade chat you should use. You know anything that shows that there is a helpful and FRIENDLY presences. Not a I am kicking you out you should know better.

I know this isn't a big deal getting kicked out of region chat. But still that is the first interaction I have with this company. Just a straight jerk reaction.

That really makes me feel like this is a game I should play and want to be part of. (Sarcasm)

I understand trying to keep trade chat to trade channels. But how you handle it is as important. Even how you word it. 

You know, not like you are a total jerk. Instead something simple. "You may not have known but there is a trade chat you can use for trading. Please use that in the future. I have removed you from region chat for now but you can rejoin it (however you do that). Please take note of this in the future."

Something simple like that would make it not just feel like a blow off.

Again like I said it may not seem like a big deal but how you interact with people, especial the people that you depend on for income, is very important. Making them feel like you are a jerk and don't care about them at all and they better watch their step is just a poor idea all the way around.

Problem is there is no possible way to know if the person has been warned about it before.

They could be a serial offender. 

These Region Chat kicks are only for that instance - which means if you log out and log in again  - or play a game and come back you will be unkicked. Though if you constantly repeat it - the times automatically increases until it reaches a permanent ban. 

5 hours ago, Duerand said:

So I am pretty new to the game. I started the account a long time ago but never really played. Finally I have time to play the game and sit down to play. A few days in as I am starting to figure things out another player is nice enough to give me advice about a frame and how to buy the mods I need.

So I go to the Bazaar and try what they said. 

I put WTB ...blah blah blah.. And wait to see if anyone replies.

I get a reply alright. {DE} Gentlewooding You have been kicked out of region chat next time you need to use trade chat. 

I am like WTF? So why am I kicked out of region chat? Where is the rule that governs this? Why not a friendly, Hey there is a trade chat you should use. You know anything that shows that there is a helpful and FRIENDLY presences. Not a I am kicking you out you should know better.

I know this isn't a big deal getting kicked out of region chat. But still that is the first interaction I have with this company. Just a straight jerk reaction.

That really makes me feel like this is a game I should play and want to be part of. (Sarcasm)

I understand trying to keep trade chat to trade channels. But how you handle it is as important. Even how you word it. 

You know, not like you are a total jerk. Instead something simple. "You may not have known but there is a trade chat you can use for trading. Please use that in the future. I have removed you from region chat for now but you can rejoin it (however you do that). Please take note of this in the future."

Something simple like that would make it not just feel like a blow off.

Again like I said it may not seem like a big deal but how you interact with people, especial the people that you depend on for income, is very important. Making them feel like you are a jerk and don't care about them at all and they better watch their step is just a poor idea all the way around.

Just wait till you learn about the devs...

Turn back and leave while you still can.

well stuff like this happens in general Companies enforce AI or bots to handle traffic received from the real Rule breakers.

Yes it could have been handled Differently but i guess everyone makes a mistake or typing in the wrong chat .

Also 

Dont worry about the kick you should rejoin soon and if it makes you feel better there are far more worse companies out there 

in my experience this one listens and i am sure they heard you now and will make better changes for the future .

A bot is always Developing there is never a Final version so 

on behalf of me welcome back and Power to the Tenno!

This game has quite a lot of players.

If someone has to spend all their time telling people not to post trade chat in other channels they would never get anything else done.

Region chat is kept clear of trade by a swift kick. It's rough if you are new but it's efficient. 

Here is the horrible truth. Regardless of what you think and what your friends and loved ones tell you, you aren't special. There are a lot of other people in game to deal with so random trade chat appearing in the wrong channel is kicked off. 

From a personal standpoint, I wish all MMO's did that. Keep channels for their intended purpose and kick off what shouldn't be there. To be perfectly honest, there is enough information around about in game things like that and having a trade tab and region tab should be painfully obvious which one to post in. 

A company expecting a bit of common sense from it's player base shouldn't be out of the question.

4 hours ago, Duerand said:

Indeed. But the way they setup their kick bot still makes them jerks. :) 

No offense,but a message that I think can be considered a jerk message will sound something more like:

"HEY Y U SO DUMB IF U TRADING GTFO OF REGION"

I have been kicked for using too much caps in trade chat, I was never offended by it.The current message is better described as "very direct"

You were kicked by a bot with predefined rules of what to accept and what to kick. You were kicked out of region chat as that is not the place to post trade offers as Warframe has a dedicated trade channel for it.

Also I would consider this: "{DE} Gentlewooding You have been kicked out of region chat next time you need to use trade chat." as a more a "direct" message rather than a "jerk" message. There's no insulting, no vulgar language etc. Its just informing you that you've been kicked out of X chat channel and that next time you should use Y chat channel. Just because it didn't say "please" in the kick message, doesn't mean their "Jerks". 

If you have a problem with how you have been moderated, either by kickbot or a chat moderator, then you can submit a support ticket on it here: http://support.warframe.com/

Locking as thread has failed to remain respectful and doesn't promote constructive discussion or feedback.