Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sniper rework

(PSN)Xx-Ribbium-xX

I see everyone using snipers as shotguns now and since some are 2-3 shot kill and have a fast fire rate I thin one of these changes should happen 

lie in wait adds a fire rate decrease stoping snipers from being as op as they are.

or

snipers do a max of 20-30 damage per shot at close range and are only able to do their maximum amount of damage at long range    ( whatever the devs find suitable after play testing ) 

this encourages actual sniper gameplay instead of the Loki invisible aim glide meta we have today 

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

I see everyone using snipers as shotguns now and since some are 2-3 shot kill and have a fast fire rate I thin one of these changes should happen 

lie in wait adds a fire rate decrease stoping snipers from being as op as they are.

or

snipers do a max of 20-30 damage per shot at close range and are only able to do their maximum amount of damage at long range    ( whatever the devs find suitable after play testing ) 

this encourages actual sniper gameplay instead of the Loki invisible aim glide meta we have today 

Snipers aren't really op. I mean, their supposed to do a lot of damage, but it's not op damage. Both of those ideas don't make sense either. You're supposed to be waiting as a sniper and the fire rate is already so low on them, and the second one doesn't even make sense at all. How does range improve the damage of a gun? :|

4 hours ago, ligonare said:

"Fast fire rate"

I lol-ed. Snipers are fine the way they are. Since you are haunted by invis lokis, i suggest you learn how to eagle-eye slight shimmers.

Snipers also hate suppression. Use a shotgun or automatic.

Loki is nerfed into the ground anyway now on pc and will be on consol next update so I don't need to do anything as far as Loki is concerned because he is now the most useless pvp frame 

by fast fire rate I mean being able to fire the two shots required to kill a target before the target is aware he has been shot at

6 hours ago, bernad2218 said:

~Reminder That This Is a Conclave Feedback Thread~

also EcxpgNk.png

That was about fully auto weapons not snipers. I am perfectly capable with dealing with any weapon in conclave (apart from the daikyu because it's broken) Im making this post not as  a "it's to hard to counter plz nerf" but as a "snipers are used as shotguns please add a mechanic that rewards proper use of this weapon type" 

7 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

Sniper are currently underpowered exept Lanka with Mag. I think what you say must be apply but instead deal less damages at close range, damages are increase with the distance. (So, basically a buff insdead nerf an unused wepon type)

The changes I listed aren't nerfs. Read what I put 

Snipers are good at any range, yeah. but saying hey can be used as shotguns is not true. while they are "good" in that range, actual shotguns are devastating. fire rate also has no bearing on how fast a sniper kills unless the target is just standing still and has terrible reaction time.

On Tuesday, November 08, 2016 at 9:20 AM, (PS4)Ali_AmmarKh said:

I'm a skilled sniper (I don't use assist aim ffs) Still. I can use them very good at long to close range, But 20-30 damage at close range? Even battlefield sniper weapons are 1hit within a lower than 45 range shot, Yeah. I understand snipers in conclave bit too overpowered

Snipers may hit hard yes but they are definitely not overpowered. It requires good aiming and skill to get the best out of it. Try putting a newbie or a first conclaver a sniper and see what you'll get.

• 2 months later...

I join games and find people either aim gliding in the air with Excalibur, nezah, loki or ember aim gliding in the centre part of the map with the snipertron 2 shoting people and getting close to them will result in them using an ability which damages your shields slightly so they can 1 shot you or just zipping across the map at light speed making it impossible to hit them then 2 shoting you before you even hit the floor before of their insane fire rate

or

players running around with snipers being able to walk up to a player and 2 shotting them before they have a chance to react or quick melee in the back to Lower their shields slightly then 1 shotting them before they can react

or being able to out gun a latron at medium range because the weapon 2 shots and fires faster then a regular latron can shoot the 4 shots required to kill on average.

snipers should have to be over 30-50 meters before the weapon can do its full amount of damage or it should have its damage massively reduced or lie in wait should be removed or its damage reduced because snipers as it stands are that op public matches to the point they can kill an entire enemy squad before the clip even runs out. 

Snipers should reward skill and accuracy and as it stands they don't.

im expecting the responses to be "get good" or no snipers aren't op but hell what do I know. Not that I have a 10.2:1 kd or anything 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

I join games and find people either aim gliding in the air with Excalibur, nezah, loki or ember aim gliding in the centre part of the map with the snipertron 2 shoting people and getting close to them will result in them using an ability which damages your shields slightly so they can 1 shot you or just zipping across the map at light speed making it impossible to hit them then 2 shoting you before you even hit the floor before of their insane fire rate

or

players running around with snipers being able to walk up to a player and 2 shotting them before they have a chance to react or quick melee in the back to Lower their shields slightly then 1 shotting them before they can react

or being able to out gun a latron at medium range because the weapon 2 shots and fires faster then a regular latron can shoot the 4 shots required to kill on average.

snipers should have to be over 30-50 meters before the weapon can do its full amount of damage or it should have its damage massively reduced or lie in wait should be removed or its damage reduced because snipers as it stands are that op public matches to the point they can kill an entire enemy squad before the clip even runs out. 

Snipers should reward skill and accuracy and as it stands they don't.

im expecting the responses to be "get good" or no snipers aren't op but hell what do I know. Not that I have a 10.2:1 kd or anything 

Snipers are probably at their most balanced right now. Lie in Wait is MANDATORY on all snipers if you want 2-3 shot kill. Snipers are good because they can do a quick burst of high damage, but the downside is that they have limited ammo and reload frequently. Use this to your advantage and try to move unpredictably. You can also pull people out of their scope by staggering them or knocking them down. @Aeries Vendetta is real good at fighting the meta sniper playstyle on console. If you pm him, I'm sure he will give you a few tips. 

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)CFE Discord said:

Snipers are probably at their most balanced right now. Lie in Wait is MANDATORY on all snipers if you want 2-3 shot kill. Snipers are good because they can do a quick burst of high damage, but the downside is that they have limited ammo and reload frequently. Use this to your advantage and try to move unpredictably. You can also pull people out of their scope by staggering them or knocking them down. @Aeries Vendetta is real good at fighting the meta sniper playstyle on console. If you pm him, I'm sure he will give you a few tips. 

snipers shouldnt 2 shot and have the range and accuracy and fire rate that they do. also when snipers are aimgliding how is staggering them an option? like that just sounds really silly. limited ammo? you do know whne you are low on ammo you can pick up some from little creates from the ground. ammo is not a limiting factor at all when playing conclae and if you think so you need more practice and experience before coming here.

On 08/11/2016 at 4:22 PM, Phasedragon said:

Snipers are good at any range, yeah. but saying hey can be used as shotguns is not true. while they are "good" in that range, actual shotguns are devastating. fire rate also has no bearing on how fast a sniper kills unless the target is just standing still and has terrible reaction time.

they can be used as shot guns because they 2 shot and have a fast fire rate granted being scoped in would definitely leave them open fort other players to kill them if they scped for that long which even still isn't that big of a draw back when some snipers and quick scope really easily.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

snipers shouldnt 2 shot and have the range and accuracy and fire rate that they do. also when snipers are aimgliding how is staggering them an option? like that just sounds really silly. limited ammo? you do know whne you are low on ammo you can pick up some from little creates from the ground. ammo is not a limiting factor at all when playing conclae and if you think so you need more practice and experience before coming here.

>More experience before coming here

http://imgur.com/uV67pDf

uV67pDf.jpg

Edited by (XB1)CFE Discord