Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can someone vote and/or suggest this Inaros Melee Build?

Sylvermor

Question

Hello everyone!

Quite recently, I unlocked Inaros. I'm quite amazed with this warframe, and I begin to love using it (coming from a Valkyr with resistance and full duration, using Hysteria as a Panic Button). Looking a bit how he works, and the way I like to play with him, I figure out that, despite his skills are quite useful, I barely use them (2 as a "panic button", 3 in order to defend something and 4 for his passive). Instead, I focus on having him as a huge tank in front dealing with everything. As I said, I don't use his skills at all, so I manage to heal myself using Life Strike. Anyway, I would like to know the opinion of all of you about this build, and if there's some tweaks to do in order to improve it, taking in mind I normally go with a Melee weapon:

Inaros Build

(Note: Due to the lack of actual Formas and mods, I'm using the normal version of Vigor and lacking of Rapid Resillience and Coaction Drift. Still happy with the build)

Additionaly, I'm going to put the weapon I use. I'm quite satisfied about how it works, moreover VS infested (since it's a forced melee battle).

Nikana Prime

(Same as before: Using the normal versions of the primed mods, making it able to do that build without investing Formas on the Nikana Prime).

Well guys, what do you think about? Looks a good build to use?

Old builds:

Inaros, Original post (Rage was missing due to mental lapse)

Edited by Sylvermor

16 answers to this question

Drop QT and Flow, pick up Rage/Overextended and (Primed) Continuity/Narrow Minded. Inaros is a beastly tank, and his lack of shields means that you can constantly regenerate energy with Rage. QT shouldn't be necessary, and range and duration will help your powers keep you alive.

1 is a much, much better panic button than 2. Cast one, then use a finisher on the stunned enemy. Instant full health, most times.

I say you have a pretty interesting build, my biggest change would be to add Rage in exchange for Handspring. With no shields, good armor and consistent healing, you'll have problems

You definitely notice the difference with/without handspring, but I play inaros with abilities blazing, so being able to always have energy on hand is something that supports my playstyle well.

Again, personally speaking, I would remove Vigor and see if there's another mod to better utilize your abilities like streamline or stretch.

Your Nikana link is blank. With that said Body count is the only mod I would suggest on any weapon, regardless of build. If you have that, you're free to build it how you wish.

Your Nikana build is empty.

Armored Agility and Rapid Resilience seem rather useless on that build. Even assuming you won't even use your skills, Rage would be a better mod just to keep energy up for LS, if something bad like getting hit with a magnetic proc happens. And Armored Agility's slot could be used for a movement mod. Inaros is crazy durable. You don't need that many tank mods on him. Vigor is pretty bad on him, too, since he doesn't have any shields and survives just fine with just Vitality + Steel Fiber.

13 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

Drop QT and Flow, pick up Rage/Overextended and (Primed) Continuity/Narrow Minded. Inaros is a beastly tank, and his lack of shields means that you can constantly regenerate energy with Rage. QT shouldn't be necessary, and range and duration will help your powers keep you alive.

1 is a much, much better panic button than 2. Cast one, then use a finisher on the stunned enemy. Instant full health, most times.

Okay, for some reason, I FORGOT to put Rage, which is the reason I'm using Flow and QT. The few life that goes off, it's replenished as energy, which is spent by channeling, which gives me more health. The Flow and QT are just for a more effective pool/extr HP, since QT works like normal health. I would put out Flow in order to put Rage in it since I barely use powers, but would be interesting to use Overextended instead of QT aswell in order to make use of the 1 as a panic button. I'll have to test that for knowing with which one I feel more comfortable to play with.

Forgetting Rage on Inaros... That's almost a major sin...

Edit: Did not figure out the Nikana Build. Already fix it.

Also for the ones saying, I use handspring because I'm just sick of the ancestors picking me at the middle of the crowd, reason it's quite a must for me. The reason of Vigor and AR was for a more efficient tank, which as said above, maybe I could use for Maglev (For some Warframes, I prefer to slide rather than Bullet Jumping or sprinting). In a few moments, I'll look to do some changes at the build.

Thank you guys for all the feedbacks!

Edited by Sylvermor

After thinking a bit, I decided to change some mods, basically for a proper movability between enemies (As I said before, sliding instead of Bullet jumping or running):

· Armored Agility -> Cunning Drift
· (Primed) Vigor -> Maglev
· (Primed) Flow -> Rage (Was missing at the beginning. Mental lapse)
· Quick Thinking -> Overextended

With this one, only 1 Forma is needed, as can be seen here. It's strange for a Inaros to stay out of energy, reason that if I take out QT, I see obvious to take out Flow too (150 Energy is a good number using 1 or channeled melee with Life Strike, even without reducing the channeling cost).

I'll be editing the main post with additional links in order to avoid people looking the wrong build.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

There's more than one way to get healed so you don't need power strength. But maglev is unnecessary 

Well yeah, as I explained, I barely use abilities, but I heal myself using Life Strike instead (since I like a lot using Melee with Inaros, moreover against Infested). And THAT bad is Maglev? Is there any reason of why? I always used this one over Rush, doing fast slides in order to run faster than even running with Rush.

5 minutes ago, Sylvermor said:

Well yeah, as I explained, I barely use abilities, but I heal myself using Life Strike instead (since I like a lot using Melee with Inaros, moreover against Infested). And THAT bad is Maglev? Is there any reason of why? I always used this one over Rush, doing fast slides in order to run faster than even running with Rush.

I only use maglev with nezha since his speed is incredible and depends on his passive and 1st ability. Inaros is a tank and doesn't really need speed, but I can understand rush.