Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Power Level

Zachles

Question

Archwing is undoubtedly my least favorite thing. Makes me feel nauseous, and one time it made me throw up.

But since The War Within is coming soon, and we've seen that Archwing will play a part in the quest, I need to get started on leveling my Archwings, if anything also for the Mastery. First question, is subjectively, what is the best Archwing, primary and melee? And two, what is the best way to level them quickly?

Thanks.

14 answers to this question

Mobile defense, public is the best way. I found leveling my weapons really easy with Elytron, I just pressed 4 to win haha. I have max range, efficiency, and power strength, with high health and shields on my Elytron. I forma'd many of my weapons that way. Best melee for me has been Centaur because it is critical chance and damages make it the best for me. I used to use the "Hek" out of Onorix though. Grattler is what I use for killing Jordas, Imperator for everything else. Fluctus is also a very good one for everything else. Especially if you were going to level archwings it is good for killing everything in mobile defense.

I forget to mention that the reason for Mobile Defense is because it's more compact ranges, everything comes to you so there's a greater chance of the short shared affinity range being, within range. You know what I mean because most like to be weekend warriors off in the far galaxy that's just too far for ranking up your gear.

Edited by Alcatraz

Best primary is either the Imperator Vandal if you don't want to minmax, or the Grattler if you do. Imperator Stock can easily get you through the quest at level 30 / corrosive damage

Best melee is the Agkuza (critless but huge raw damage), followed by either the Prisma Veritux (balance of crits and raw damage) or the Centaur (crit-based)

Best archwing... really, they're all stupidly OP. Odonata Prime and Elytron and can tank for days and share one of the best CC powers ever (both their fours deal HUGE stun and knockback). Itzal can be invisible almost indefinitely and teleport on the cheap. Amesha has SnowGlobe On Crack

As for leveling, DON'T just jump into Neptune MD right away. Run the Earth MD a few times first

Edited by TARINunit9

The non existent archwing is probably the best. The non existent primary and melee are really good as well. Amesha and Itzal are my favorite, not that I like them much anyway. Amesha can be pretty much invincible and Itzal can close 500 meter gaps in an instant as well as some cc and damage dealing, also invisibility. I believe it's the Neptune mobile defense for leveling?

Ok, well, subjectively, for an all-rounder kit that can get you through anything, I'd say:

Amesha

Fluctus

Centaur or Agkuza

I've long said that all Archwings are equal, including the Odonata, which is actually incredibly powerful in the right hands and maxed to the same degree as other Archwings. But Amesha is our new Archwing Master Race. Archwing damage powers don't really scale, so you're gonna be shooting things anyways. Why not have high HP, Armor, a damage shield, healing, a rage aura, and a slow aura?

There are better, more specialized guns for certain situations, but the Fluctus performs well in just about everything. BUT, everytime a new AW enemy is released, it seems like the Fluctus is unable to damage it until the first hotfix. Jordas Golem, Pursuit Craft, Rush Shuttles, every time, new Archwing Enemy? Fluctus can't hit it until they hotfix it, just saying, you've been warned. 

Centaur is king of AW melee, especially for crits. Agkuza hits way harder, faster, with no crits. So more consistent, a little easier to use in some respects, a little more stylish. Personal preference.

there is no 'best' AW. that's like saying what's the best warframe. but for a newbie like you, I suggest amesha 

the fluctus or imperator vandal or cyngas are the best guns. all melees can 1-hit with the right build, so pick what you like and build that 

go for the MD mission on neptune to lvl up 

The fastest way to level up Archwing equipment is by running Salacia on Neptune, though you'll want capable squadmates if you're there with low-ranked equipment.

All of the Archwings are good in their own way and in different situations, but you literally cannot go wrong with the Amesha. The Amesha's abilities are basically Iron Skin, Magnetize x Well of Life, Molecular Prime minus the damage and explosions, and Rage (the mod) but gives energy to everyone in range instead of just yourself.

The Itzal has incredible mobility, invisibility, an active Vacuum, and some crowd control capabilities with the Cold Snap augment. The Elytron is heavy and durable (but not as durable as the Amesha) and focuses on offensive abilities. The Odonata boosts your weapon damage with Energy Shell (basically Volt's Electric Shield but follows you) and has a radial stun and permanent disarm in Repel.

The best primaries are the Grattler (against bosses), Velocitus (against bosses), Imperator Vandal (all-round), Cyngas (all-round), and Fluctus (against swarms of small enemies).

The best melee is the Centaur, but literally any melee weapon will get the job done.

5 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Best primary is either the Imperator Vandal if you don't want to minmax, or the Grattler if you do. Imperator Stock can easily get you through the quest at level 30 / corrosive damage

Best melee is the Agkuza (critless but huge raw damage), followed by either the Prisma Veritux (balance of crits and raw damage) or the Centaur (crit-based)

Best archwing... really, they're all stupidly OP. Odonata Prime and Elytron and can tank for days and share one of the best CC powers ever (both their fours deal HUGE stun and knockback). Itzal can be invisible almost indefinitely and teleport on the cheap. Amesha has SnowGlobe On Crack

Can you trade the Archwing weapon parts? It's going to be a pain in the butt for me to have to waste countless hours trying to get the parts from the different Syndicates.

21 minutes ago, Zachles said:

And two, what is the best way to level them quickly?

Before I forget:

Everyone will tell you "Neptune MD". This is true, but DON'T just jump in Draco-style unless you have a squad to taxi you. If you need to go solo, start with Earth MD, see if you can get some stuff like Electrified Barrel/Venomous Clip (corrosive damage)

13 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

I'm trying to figure out how people are getting an Agkuza to be more powerful than the Centaur unless you're all meaning without Forma. And honestly, melee weapons are by far the easiest weapons to rank up in Archwing, so it's not difficult to add a Forma or two to one.

7 minutes ago, Zachles said:

Can you trade the Archwing weapon parts? It's going to be a pain in the butt for me to have to waste countless hours trying to get the parts from the different Syndicates.

All of the parts obtainable through Syndicates and all of the Imperator Vandal parts are tradeable.

1 minute ago, TARINunit9 said:

Because I don't expect OP to want to spend any forma on this mode, not if it gives them motion sickness

He could close his eyes and spam press E and literally do just fine with how overpowered melee is in Archwing.

Half-joking aside, okay. Makes sense.