Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could I get some opinions on the Simulor and Helicor?

(XBOX)GeckoGenesis

Question

I want to get a weapon from Cephalon Simaris, but I can't decide which one.  I've heard both good and bad things about the Simulor.  Sounds like a fun weapon, but some people make it sound like it's not worth getting unless you've got the Synoid one.  The Helicor sounds like it would be great for Kavat DNA farming (don't know how great damage is on it).  Which one should I get first? 

18 answers to this question

These wiki pages currently have stat comparisons of the Simaris vs Synoid versions:

Simulor

Synoid Heliocor

The Simaris Simulor is comparably lesser in all stats to the Synoid Simulor except in maximum stack damage by only +5.0 damage. So in many respects and opinions, the Synoid Simulor is an upgrade.

Whereas the Simaris Heliocor has a higher base damage and crit-chance, compared to the Synoid Heliocor which has higher stat-chance, making them 'slightly more equal' variants of each other -- although only the Synoid Heliocor can generate a spectre from channel-kills.

43 minutes ago, (XB1)GeckoGenesis said:

I hear a lot a good stuff about Synoid stuff.  If only I can obtain such.  Would you recommend Simaris weapons for a low MR like me? 

The problem is that weapons across all syndicates require the same MR. The syndicate secondaries (which have the lowest MR) require something like MR 10 8.

Edited by Insizer
thank you aligatorno

the synoid simulor is a great weapon. however. I personally highly dislike ppl who use it, especially during the index. as they got ALL the points. and standing around for 20+ minutes while giant ballz kill everything is not fun for anyone. its great for farming tho.

From personal opinion, I would go with the Heliocor. With the exception of the syndicate buff, the Suda variant has less statistic potential. The Siimulor on the other hand would be best saved for later if you want the mastery for it. The Suda variant of the Simulor is notably better, not to mention the syndicate buff. (Even more insane if you've got a Mirage handy  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) )

14 hours ago, SupremeDutchGamer said:

the synoid simulor is a great weapon. however. I personally highly dislike ppl who use it, especially during the index. as they got ALL the points. and standing around for 20+ minutes while giant ballz kill everything is not fun for anyone. its great for farming tho.

Were we playing the same Index? Cuz SImulor is kinda crappy against heavy armor and it takes like 2 minutes to push those guys over lvl 100.

If I have to choose between regular Simulor and Helicor, I would go with Helicor first and then get Simulor later for mastery points.   It's super fun scanning things while smashing them into bits so, since you'll be killing things anyway, you might as well fill your codex at the same time.  Like others said, Synoid version of Simulor is superior to the regular version so once you get the Synoid version, there's very little point of keeping the regular version.  I find that Synoid version of Helicor is more of a side grade of the regular version so I wouldn't sell Helicor once you get the Synoid version.