Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TWW: Stuck on Golden Maw Transference (Spoilers)

Aktriaz

Question

I'm stuck on the part where you take control of the golden maw. I have no idea where to go; I literally cannot move through the hole at the end of the room (the hole with the icicles). Both as a Operator (crouched too!) and the Golden maw; sunken and normal. I tried attacking it with everything I can and nothing changes. What do I do? Am I doing something wrong?

If you use whatever button you press to melee (mouse wheel up for me, for example), you can stun it.  But what happens next I can't help with. I'm stuck after that. It says press the middle mouse button, but I've pressed it when the Maw is stunned. Nothing happens except I keep getting eaten. lol

I've been eaten a good 40 times... at least. I have no idea what to do.

Edit, Onieyez beat me to it. :)

Edited by Keyse

I just got to the part with the maw. I figure what you're supposed to do is just sprint between the safe rock patches, but I'm on the last one with a light and there's way too big of a gap between me and what look like stairs on the far side. Help would be appreciated.

I have tried every button and attempted my controller as well. Nothing. No way to use the 5 ability and thus no way to progress.
As an added note for controllers, the crouch button does not work for anything other than the Warframes, thus you cannot use the 'shadow' ability and have to resort to using the keyboard any time you want to use the 'shadow' ability and be able to use the 'far step' ability.

Also I tried double tapping, holding and all sorts of other inputs to the controls and keys and nothing changed. Even searched around and tried to change key bindings and controller mapping to find any change. Nothing. Although I would say this is a segment that would benefit well from its own key mapping subset for controllers. Like how Archwing and Warframes are separate.

(Trying to be as unspoilerific as possible, if it matters here)

Edited by Maelstroa

31 minutes ago, Maelstroa said:

I have tried every button and attempted my controller as well. Nothing. No way to use the 5 ability and thus no way to progress.
As an added note for controllers, the crouch button does not work for anything other than the Warframes, thus you cannot use the 'shadow' ability and have to resort to using the keyboard any time you want to use the 'shadow' ability and be able to use the 'far step' ability.

Also I tried double tapping, holding and all sorts of other inputs to the controls and keys and nothing changed. Even searched around and tried to change key bindings and controller mapping to find any change. Nothing. Although I would say this is a segment that would benefit well from its own key mapping subset for controllers. Like how Archwing and Warframes are separate.

(Trying to be as unspoilerific as possible, if it matters here)

Actually if you bind your crouch to toggle crouch instead, it will function as void/stealth mode.

So, what am I supposed to do here? I can't move past the step you spawn on. I can't stun, I can't stealth. There's absolutely no indication of what I'm supposed to do or how I'm supposed to do it. Completely ridiculous.

All I get is an HUD message saying press left shift to sprint, but that does absolutely nothing no matter which route I take.

Nvm, figured it out. You have run from one set of rocks to the next.

Edited by Master-Nachash

5 hours ago, Actriaz said:

Am I doing something wrong?

Why put spoiler in the title and then proceed to mention something only the quest has?  Try editing and changing to "stuck on part 4" or whatever.  Though I suppose its pointless now.

1 hour ago, LabMan95 said:

So I've been eaten about 50 times now and still can't find these "safe rocks". What the hell am I supposed to do besides get eaten?

There are no safe rocks in the last encounter. You have to stun it with the Blast power when it rears up out of the ground.

3 hours ago, Trollocaustic said:

Actually if you bind your crouch to toggle crouch instead, it will function as void/stealth mode.

I figured that out after some frustration, but there is no '5' function - in this particular context - on a controller that's been remapped. Since the game is unplayable with the original controller mappings, I assume plenty of people who use a controller for PC have worked it out, but I'm completely lost. Nothing happens. I got past the previous sections by switching between controller and mouse/keyboard but when the Maw is stunned these stopgap solutions break down. Nothing ruddy happens.   

Edited by Wiergate
clarity

While he pops out go into stealth press CTRL

When he moves Closer Press E

He falls down to the ground and is stunned for 2 seconds

When stunned use 5 , but that key is bugged as most people mentioned

After then you can burrow under ground and move through the small hole, but that can be difficult to enter due to the rocks

Edited by Dries110

lol so I had the same problem at first. I kept doing all the steps instructed, except I didn't aim before I pressed 5 (or whatever your keybind is to Focus/5th power). I interpreted the aim part as simply placing your cursor over the stunned Golden Maw.

So what you have to do is as soon as you stun the Golden Maw with E, you have to zoom aim, and then press 5 to activate the Transference.

1 hour ago, Wiergate said:

I figured that out after some frustration, but there is no '5' function - in this particular context - on a controller that's been remapped. Since the game is unplayable with the original controller mappings, I assume plenty of people who use a controller for PC have worked it out, but I'm completely lost. Nothing happens. I got past the previous sections by switching between controller and mouse/keyboard but when the Maw is stunned these stopgap solutions break down. Nothing ruddy happens.   

Alright, this right here happened to me, what the text doesn't say is that you have to AIM

41 minutes ago, Dries110 said:

While he pops out go into stealth press CTRL

When he moves Closer Press E

He falls down to the ground and is stunned for 2 seconds

When stunned use 5 , but that key is bugged as most people mentioned

After then you can burrow under ground and move through the small hole, but that can be difficult to enter due to the rocks

I tried different steps but this one is what worked for me, even the 5 button worked. Thanks.