The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SPOILERS?] Info on 'Impossible' mod unlock

Chaos-Neo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thank you for this post. It helped me unveil my mod that is exactly these requirements. The trick here for anyone getting help unveiling this is abilities can't be used next to the synth target by anyone in your party, but can be used at the start of the mission if far enough away from it. This allows you to pop up Rhino's Iron Skin at the beginning of the mission to soak up any stray bullets while a friend clears the mission for you so you can scan the target.

Edited by Xul2

• 1 month later...
On 12/11/2016 at 9:33 AM, Lemonfennec said:

Mine is to do a survival with level 30+ enemies, without using health pickups, and without killing anyone. I'm pretty sure that's actually impossible.

|I have given up with Riven mods like these. I dont have the time to continually waste my limited gaming hours chasing fools erands like this.

On 11/12/2016 at 10:33 AM, Lemonfennec said:

Mine is to do a survival with level 30+ enemies, without using health pickups, and without killing anyone. I'm pretty sure that's actually impossible.

It's actualy pretty easy..... if you have Ivara. all you need to do is turn on Prowl, and as long as you can steal 1 or 2 life support out of the enemies, you can have enough to survive 5 minutes just by using the capsules and breaking the containers

On 11/13/2016 at 1:28 AM, Vitoga said:

I also have problems with my mod:

c3ErAf2.jpg

Have any of you done something like this before?

Loki was the answer for me, he can wall cling for a very long time, so you just need to find a room with enough enemies, cast invis with hushed invisibility augment, then go hop on a wall and shoot things. 

3 hours ago, Horaciozhao said:

Loki was the answer for me, he can wall cling for a very long time, so you just need to find a room with enough enemies, cast invis with hushed invisibility augment, then go hop on a wall and shoot things. 

Zenistar, any dark sector defense. Akkad if your Zenistar is modded/formaed, low-level one if it's not. 

Launch the first wave, set the disk spinning over the cryopod, cling to any wall when you see enemies approaching.

Alternatively, if you don't have Zenistar, grab Penta and drop a nice mine field on top of the cryopod, wall-cling and detonate when the pod gets swarmed. 

Edited by Reifnir

On 11/12/2016 at 10:30 PM, shipmaster4000 said:

Sounds easy, my mod on the other hand requires me to find a level 30 defense mission, complete it by myself and it may not take a single point of damage. There are two many enemy's to do a infestation. The enemies tend to get in and get off a single bullet before I can even react. I cant find a defense mission above level 30 that's open enough to kill enemies before they get within frost shield. 

It would be easy to do It with people, It would be easy If I was mr 20 with a completely set up world on fire ember, but from what I can tell, unless you have very specialty frames I cant beat this. Akkad by myself is easy, Akkad without the defense dropping more then like 30 health, still easy. Akkad without a single point of damage is impossible with out a very specialty frame.

I suggest taking frost to Akkad and spam the sh"t our of your 4th. Drop pads and everything to keep it up. Just go to wave 5 and your done. easy.  If it's without using usables or the like,  then bring ember and get lucky with orb pick ups

On 11/13/2016 at 0:17 AM, Cheeseypop said:

How would you even beat this one?!?!?

628ekff.png

Bring limbo and use orthos to break containers. If youre not killing anyone. There will only be a small group if enemies following you

On 11/13/2016 at 1:28 PM, Vitoga said:

I also have problems with my mod:

c3ErAf2.jpg

Have any of you done something like this before?

Yes. Bring Zar or tonkor. Zar is easier with multiple explosions. Then bring Loki and wall cling in a void defence. Easy.  Although the alarms thing might be hard in defence. Try the same set up in an exterminate. 

Edited by Arniox

• 1 month later...
On 11/12/2016 at 3:30 AM, shipmaster4000 said:

Sounds easy, my mod on the other hand requires me to find a level 30 defense mission, complete it by myself and it may not take a single point of damage. There are two many enemy's to do a infestation. The enemies tend to get in and get off a single bullet before I can even react. I cant find a defense mission above level 30 that's open enough to kill enemies before they get within frost shield. 

It would be easy to do It with people, It would be easy If I was mr 20 with a completely set up world on fire ember, but from what I can tell, unless you have very specialty frames I cant beat this. Akkad by myself is easy, Akkad without the defense dropping more then like 30 health, still easy. Akkad without a single point of damage is impossible with out a very specialty frame.

limbo on akkad. max range, 175 efficiency, enemy radar. ult spam. ggez gl =] 

I think the biggest hurdle I had to overcome with the synthesis challenge was wondering why sometimes I would randomly fail even though I was doing everything right. Only to finally discover that I was failing because I was taking damage---from an eximus unit, their aura specifically. I think that really needs to be changed. 

On 11/12/2016 at 8:39 PM, Etan-gK said:

lucky you, I got this 

NHoF9sw.jpg?1

This one can be trivialized with limbo and the right set-up.

1 - low level capture mission.

2 - beat down the capture target, but don't press X to send him away.

3- a bursa will be sent every 3 mins, but you only need 1.

4- fast swinging melee weapon, with no mods, except speed.  certainly no stance that will move you.

5- when bursa arrives,   cataclysm + stasis.

6- melee the bursa from the front with melee - it won't take damage, so it won't die. but combo stacks still build.

7 - recast stasis and cataclysm as needed.   it helps to have them spaced out so you don't have to cast back to back.   (i.e.  cast stasis when you get the bursa has spawned message then cataclysim when it is in range.  that way they are 15 seconds apart.

• 1 month later...