The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why do you think D.E introduced some very extreme... "challenges" with the TWW?

NativeKiller

9 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

bxGzomp.png

Look at this.

Look at this and tell me how this is enjoyable, challenging content, Look at this and tell me, if it is possible, how it can be done without cheesing or cheer luck. Tell me how it isn't just arbitrary, straight-up BS rubbish. Tell me how this involves tactics or adaptation or strategy in any way. Tell me how this ISN'T stupid, ridiculous design, and maybe I'll consider accepting the idea that Riven mods are just fine how they are.

its not enjoyable i give you that, but its not really hard to do it you just use your melee weapon to down the target scan 1 or 2 bubble and down him angain till you finsh

Just now, HappyBacklash said:

its not enjoyable i give you that, but its not really hard to do it you just use your melee weapon to down the target scan 1 or 2 bubble and down him angain till you finsh

Without taking damage FOR THE ENTIRE MISSION?

It's easy to make up solutions on paper.

16 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

bxGzomp.png

Look at this.

Look at this and tell me how this is enjoyable, challenging content, Look at this and tell me, if it is possible, how it can be done without cheesing or cheer luck. Tell me how it isn't just arbitrary, straight-up BS rubbish. Tell me how this involves tactics or adaptation or strategy in any way. Tell me how this ISN'T stupid, ridiculous design, and maybe I'll consider accepting the idea that Riven mods are just fine how they are.

Try to at least consider the amount of things out of your control that can go wrong while even trying to attempt this contrived nonsense. Think about all the tiles, enemies and spawns that might go wrong out of your control. Think about how often you'd have to restart. I'm waiting for someone to come up with a cheesy way to do it that completely invalidates it, because that's the ONLY way it will ever be fun, or interesting. 

This is not a challenge. This is digging holes with chopsticks.

*ahem* stealth, which doesn't necessarily involve being invisible *ahem*

last time I checked, stealth involved strategy, tactics, and adaptation, not cheesing while being invisible.

1 minute ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Do you think requiring 20 kills with a hobbled key equipped while wall running or latching without touching the ground is a challenge? it is literally impossible unless you take a very specific build that invalidates it completely. Where is the skill in that? The tactics? The strategy?

You haven't made any arguments or any counter-arguments to anything I've said. You've just spouted the generic "you're bad" rubbish. It's bad design, plain and simple. Nobody is upset because it's hard. Absolutely nobody.

You're missing the point entirely.

Yeah and nobody want your salt just because you are not capable of coming up with a good solution

Yeah, 20 kills like that are possible, you can just have to lure the ebemy to a wall, grip to the wall and throw a ray with volt, thats the first thing that came to my mind in less than a minute, thats not being so difficult

Just now, AdunSaveMe said:

Without taking damage FOR THE ENTIRE MISSION?

It's easy to make up solutions on paper.

i tell you that bc that was the challenge that i get easy nezha (help you with no taking dmg and with some mobility if the target scape or you dont down him fast) you just have to fin the way 

2 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

No you can't. That's a trap, and you can't use those.

And again. Very, very, very specific build. No tactics or strategy. Just take the one build that invalidates it completely.

Ah yeah that's right. Then just knock him down with melee, or use a Blast/Fire/Electric/Any element that induces a stun proc'd weapon. Simaris targets have much more health than typical enemies, so you should be fine.

Just now, mstriker said:

Yeah and nobody want your salt just because you are not capable of coming up with a good solution

I knew you wouldn't be able to come up with an argument.

Just now, mstriker said:

Yeah, 20 kills like that are possible, you can just have to lure the ebemy to a wall, grip to the wall and throw a ray with volt, thats the first thing that came to my mind in less than a minute, thats not being so difficult

You are completely missing the point, entirely. 100% missed. The point, it is what you are not getting right now. I don't know why I bother.

45 minutes ago, Evers said:

Still some of those have quiet harsh requierments. I got one right now (that i can't do because you can't buy Dragon Key BPs from the Dojo right now) that requieres me to finish/win 5 Waves of Interception, Solo, vs Level 30+ Enemies with a Hobbled Key (-50% Speed) without getting downed once.

Ash.

7 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

I knew you wouldn't be able to come up with an argument.

You are completely missing the point, entirely. 100% missed. The point, it is what you are not getting right now. I don't know why I bother.

Where is the specific build in what i said?

Its a challenge because it makes you think, the thing youre not doing by complaining here of how difficult it is

I didnt want to have and argument with a guy that thinks that everything thats not how he likes it is bs S#&$

Adaptation and tactics... making a plan of how to do the challenge is strategy, bringing the appropiate loadout is adaptation, thats how it requires them.

If you cant see it its not the game's or the system's problem

Edited by mstriker

1 minute ago, Sziklamester said:

Challenge is very subjective thing but those mods for example just increase the powercreep so whom now still thought they will remove the mandatory mods then this is the answer for it.

Hard to obtain them but if you obtain some then you can be op.

I semi disagree. Like you said they're very hard to obtain, and you can only have 15 total in your arsenal. Each one is exclusive to one particular weapon, like how Syndicate mods are. These caveats make them maybe "mandatory" for their chosen weapon, but not mandatory to have if you don't use said weapon.

Just now, SoulEchelon said:

I semi disagree. Like you said they're very hard to obtain, and you can only have 15 total in your arsenal. Each one is exclusive to one particular weapon, like how Syndicate mods are. These caveats make them maybe "mandatory" for their chosen weapon, but not mandatory to have if you don't use said weapon.

Tradeable?

I have to admit, being a console player, I got a tiny bit impatient and looked on some threads. So far, I like everything pretty much, but since I'm only MR6 I'm gonna put a noob's perspective on these challenges.

Kill 20 enemys while wall latching/gliding without touching ground: Loki's Passive. *facepalm*. And don't all you MR14+'s be telling me 'Loki's hard to get'. No-one said you had to necessarily have the Prime version, plus most of you guys have Loki already, most would assume. Just go to a busy area in the map.

Complete a Defense with the objective not taking one hit: Like many others before me, I would suggest Limbo's Banish. This coupled with maybe a Tonkor and good crowd-controlling abilities could hopefully ensure that in the 2 or so seconds where Banish runs out before you recast, it doesn't take any hits.

Get 5 or more Head-shot kills in one aim-glide. I would honestly say this racked my brain for a while, especially as aim-glides tend to go down rapidly after a few seconds. Then I remembered this one part (sorry for no screenshot) on most Saturn Survival tilesets have a big room with two really large ramp going up to other places. I thought if you bullet-jumped from the top of the ramp utilizing Zephyr's passive, as well as having a pretty accurate weapon, this challenge could be possible if there were quite alot of Grineer at the bottom.

Sometimes it pays to think small :)

Also, this isn't meant to cause a riot, as I get that most of them are meant to be challenges *cough* bat-crap crazy *cough*, but they can prove difficult to most.

What this is meant to show is that the solution might be simpler than you thought. 

The amount of people that will get those mods is probably the same amount that will raid, a really small amount of players.

They aren't for everyone.

If you looked at them and thought "that's a bucket load of BS" then they aren't for you.

They certainly aren't for me, i'll never even try it. Pulling my fingernails off, giving them a vinegar bath and drying them off in salt looks more fun than trying to unveil those mods so I won't touch them.

I only do what I find fun and that's where people seem to fall flat in this game. You won't find everything enjoyable so you don't have to do everything. Pretend the mods don't exist and move along. 

9 minutes ago, Ailissa said:

The amount of people that will get those mods is probably the same amount that will raid, a really small amount of players.

They aren't for everyone.

actually that's complete BS, i got one that said kill 4 sentients and that's it, the wide majority of rank 15+ players will be running around with 5-6 of these in no time, the ones with nightmarish conditions are rare and can be cheesed easily anyways, the hard part of the system is getting an useful one and that's 100% rng anyways

Edited by bl4ckhunter

59 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Unlocking the mod is a single challenge. Rerolling it is RNG and grinding, which are not challenges.

I imagine that you'll need to do a new challenge every time you get a new mod, which will be needed often in order to get one for a weapon you like.

31 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Do you think requiring 20 kills with a hobbled key equipped while wall running or latching without touching the ground is a challenge? it is literally impossible unless you take a very specific build that invalidates it completely. Where is the skill in that? The tactics? The strategy?

It's not even close to impossible, if you have any skill at parkour. No special builds required. Maybe you should try harder? Some people play "the floor is lava" on their own just for fun. They played that on the stream last night.

40 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

bxGzomp.png

Look at this.

Look at this and tell me how this is enjoyable, challenging content, Look at this and tell me, if it is possible, how it can be done without cheesing or cheer luck. Tell me how it isn't just arbitrary, borderline BS. Tell me how this involves tactics or adaptation or strategy in any way. Tell me how this ISN'T very questionable design, and maybe I'll consider accepting the idea that Riven mods are just fine how they are. As an extra challenge, tell me how WITHOUT doing the "you just want everything to be easy" or ''it's MEANT to be hard" thing. Those aren't arguments. Tell me how, nothing more, nothing less.

Try to at least consider the amount of things out of your control that can go wrong while even trying to attempt this contrived nonsense. Think about all the tiles, enemies and spawns that might go wrong out of your control. Think about how often you'd have to restart. I'm waiting for someone to come up with a cheesy way to do it that completely invalidates it, because that's the ONLY way it will ever be fun, or interesting, probably even possible.

This is not the challenge anybody asked for, casual or hardcore. This is digging holes with chopsticks.

I will tell you how I would approach doing this.  Patience and using true stealth gameplay.  Stalk my target and take the scan from range while crouched to avoid visibility.  It's something that I had to do when I would forget to not bring my Kavat on Synthesis missions.  It was the only way I could get the scans without my Kavat attacking the target without restarting the mission.

7 minutes ago, Azrael said:

I imagine that you'll need to do a new challenge every time you get a new mod, which will be needed often in order to get one for a weapon you like.

It's not even close to impossible, if you have any skill at parkour. No special builds required. Maybe you should try harder? Some people play "the floor is lava" on their own just for fun. They played that on the stream last night.

usually people who complain with no substance aren't actually willing to "get better at x".  it's fine - we'll have all the awesome riven mods while he sits and boils over :P

46 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

bxGzomp.png

Look at this.

Look at this and tell me how this is enjoyable, challenging content, Look at this and tell me, if it is possible, how it can be done without cheesing or cheer luck. Tell me how it isn't just arbitrary, borderline BS. Tell me how this involves tactics or adaptation or strategy in any way. Tell me how this ISN'T very questionable design, and maybe I'll consider accepting the idea that Riven mods are just fine how they are. As an extra challenge, tell me how WITHOUT doing the "you just want everything to be easy" or ''it's MEANT to be hard" thing. Those aren't arguments. Tell me how, nothing more, nothing less.

Try to at least consider the amount of things out of your control that can go wrong while even trying to attempt this contrived nonsense. Think about all the tiles, enemies and spawns that might go wrong out of your control. Think about how often you'd have to restart. I'm waiting for someone to come up with a cheesy way to do it that completely invalidates it, because that's the ONLY way it will ever be fun, or interesting, probably even possible.

This is not the challenge anybody asked for, casual or hardcore. This is digging holes with chopsticks.

As I can't play the quest yet for obvious reasons, I need to ask something...
Can you complete these challenges during normal missions? I mean, if you can play with other players during these tasks. 
Because, if their abilities don't interfere with the requierements of the task, you just can ask a friend to use Frost to put a bubble around you, and you can use a high status weapon moded with cold, blast, elecrticity or fire to stop the synthesis target from running away.
If you can't do what I said, then when I get the update here, I will try a way to do it :s

1 hour ago, AdunSaveMe said:

bxGzomp.png

Look at this.

This is not the challenge anybody asked for, casual or hardcore. This is digging holes with chopsticks.

As some are saying, this challenge can be complete using stealth, not loki or ivara stealth but really hiding and looking for the enemy, without triggering alarm. I would actually do a spy mission to do this challenge for extra fun instead of a exterminate one.

49 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

I will tell you how I would approach doing this.  Patience and using true stealth gameplay.  Stalk my target and take the scan from range while crouched to avoid visibility.  It's something that I had to do when I would forget to not bring my Kavat on Synthesis missions.  It was the only way I could get the scans without my Kavat attacking the target without restarting the mission.

I actually played the entire quest like this with Equinox, looking for enemies seeing in the map where they were and looking for secret paths to sneak upon them. of course they were times where it wasn't possible to be stealthy because of the mission.

I can understand tho that this is not fun for everyone and its kinda hard for most people when they are used to invisibility.

Edit: The challenge I got is to get 3 headshot while aim gliding using the dragon key that make you slow forgot the name xD

I tried to do it the moment I had the mod in a mission in earth but it is hard for me at least. I will try to go for a interception or def mission because enemies tend to go in line so my plan is to jump in place wait for the line up, and shot them in the head with a bow.

Edited by Cryostasisprotoss

I have to admit I'm siding with Adun on this one, it's pretty ridiculous. Playing with teammates or companions will fail you the mission. Getting shot or harmed in any way will fail you the mission. Using abilities will fail you the mission. Using traps will fail you the mission. You basically have to take two hours to finish one tile and just hope that a random shotgun pellet won't hit your warframe. You know how the Synthesis target has this tendency to run and gtfo while shooting backwards once you start the whole sequence. Also hobbled key. The other challenges I've seen were somewhat fun, doable, even if sometimes a bit tiresome, but this one was just ridiculous.