Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sedna Junction is not how you get old players back in

MXultra

Maybe the junctions should be included as part of a wider quest. Or even something simple as direct dialog and instruction from lotus at the start of The war within and take players through the progress of unlocking junctions.

People do need hand holding when it comes to lore/storytelling when RNG is involved. Otherwise they will skip it, especially if the RNG is unfavourable grind.

8 minutes ago, Demogarose said:

also claims to be representing people, without actual proof of said representation...

Okay, Novice. You clearly haven't read the topic because there have been about 10 players that mentioned themselves and friends not coming back specifically for this reason. In fact, after making the claim that I am speaking on behalf of many bored players, I was told this:

On 11/13/2016 at 2:25 PM, BlackCoMerc said:

Yes. Yes you are. And that isnt sarcasm.

Look. New content. My girl and I should finally log back in and try it.

Oh, wait. We HAVE to go back and fight those utterly tedious Sentients again? Despite having killed 50 of them?

54 minutes ago, (PS4)george6741 said:

Man, some of you really don't get it. It's not about how easy it is or having advanced notice, it's about unnecessary hurdles. People that have already played before the changes don't want to come back and invest time doing stuff they already did, otherwise they would have never left.

Sadly, I lost many Warframe friends to other games...it's a crowded game market out there all vying for our time. I'm not sure what DE is doing but unfortunately it's not making many of my friends come back. People curious about the new content shouldn't have to clear hurdles, no matter how low they are. DE should be making it as easy as possible for them to come back.

Now see, children, this guy gets it. You would do well to learn from him.

And, yes, Gelkor. I've done the Silver Grove. I'm totally caught up on everything that actually needs to be caught up on.

12 minutes ago, MXultra said:

And, yes, Gelkor. I've done the Silver Grove. I'm totally caught up on everything that actually needs to be caught up on.

K, I was just wondering, I think I killed about 16 sentients while farming Lunar Pitchers and got multiple copies of Stealth Drift just because that room is always there and really easy. But then I farmed enough Lunar Pitchers so I could farm all the new Aura mods from the Grove. It's just one of those things, between the Grove and Sortie assassinations, I'm just surprised you haven't accidentally completed the Junction in the last 6 months.

12 minutes ago, MXultra said:

Now see, children, this guy gets it. You would do well to learn from him.

There's no need to be patronizing.

Edited by Gelkor

Personally, the main issue about junctions was the fact you had to redo stuff you already did in the past because they were implemented after the fact... Like, why does the game have you gather 500 rubedo when I have like 350000 in my inventory... Just to illustrate my point.

Pretty much none of the junction requirements were stuff that I had never done... And most of them were stuff that could have been credited by completed by simply scanning my codex/stats page/achievements/mod collection/weapon and frames... If the game did that and credited you with most of these "tasks", it would be alot less tedious for returing players, instead of getting back into the game and realise they have to do a gazillion menial tasks all over the game.

As for the sedna junction in particular... I don't really get why it was needed... There's not even a mission on sedna in War Within (Jupiter and Lua do get missions, but the rest take place elsewhere)... And I felt the requirements should have simply been "own an archwing, have jupiter and lua unlocked"... That's it...

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

As for the sedna junction in particular... I don't really get why it was needed... There's not even a mission on sedna in War Withing (Jupiter and Lua do get missions, but the rest take place elsewhere)... And I felt the requirements should have simply been "own an archwing, have jupiter and lua unlocked"... That's it...

Pursue Teshin into the Asteroid Field: Naga, Sedna

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

Personally, the main issue about junctions was the fact you had to redo stuff you already did in the past because they were implemented after the fact... Like, why does the game have you gather 500 rubedo when I have like 350000 in my inventory... Just to illustrate my point.

Pretty much none of the junction requirements were stuff that I had never done... And most of them were stuff that could have been credited by completed by simply scanning my codex/mod collection/weapon and frames... If the game did that and credited you with most of these "tasks", it would be alot less tedious for returing players, instead of getting back into the game and realise they have to do a gazillion menial tasks all over the game.

As for the sedna junction in particular... I don't really get why it was needed... There's not even a mission on sedna in War Within (Jupiter and Lua do get missions, but the rest take place elsewhere)... And I felt the requirements should have simply been "own an archwing, have jupiter and lua unlocked"... That's it...

This junction really was trivial and petty for those of us that felt inconvenienced by it, and I think that's why it's such an irritation, it certainly isn't an actual roadblock.  It was the warframe version of "I see you are a grand master of all things in game and have killed the Sleeper, but you haven't killed the ten giant rats for the lady in rags in Freeport yet, plebe".

Frankly, I don't understand how anyone can defend that kind of behavior from a developer, particularly one that has done so well in responding to player feedback.  DE knows we don't want this kind of redundancy, that's why our nodes stayed unlocked when they put the junctions in in the first place.

18 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

There's no need to be patronizing.

That was directed at the people that keep making the same irrelevant points. They were interjecting themselves into a conversation they had no relation to.

10 minutes ago, Demogarose said:

10 people...... far shy of the "hundreds" you previously claimed

Try reading more carefully. I was citing the commonly understood relationship that the people who speak up represent a much larger number of people who were not motivated to post. The whole "tip of the iceberg" thing.

I personally haven't logged into WF since this issue started and my continued presence in backing up this argument shows my desire for WF to succeed. This should really only be a conversation between the players that support the removal of the requirements and DE.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

Considering the kuva fortress is mobile  it could have been anywhere in the star chart... No need to set this mission on sedna. Heck ,it would have been on an asteroid field on the starter planet of the star chart for all we care.

You could use that argument for all of the nodes in the quest. Why not put them all on Venus and Mercury? Reason?  They wanted it to be high level. Sedna is the highest level Grineer node (now it's the Kuva Fortress, obv), ergo, they use Sedna as the junction into the quest.

4 minutes ago, MXultra said:

I personally haven't logged into WF since this issue started and my continued presence in backing up this argument shows my desire for WF to succeed. This should really only be a conversation between the players that support the removal of the requirements and DE.

So, wait, you haven't logged in since SotR?

On 11/12/2016 at 4:21 PM, LightningsVengance said:

The thing is though that you have to have sedna unlocked for certain parts of TWW, and you could get it through the void but the game registers it via the junction.

the thing is though, any players who already had sedna unlocked before the junction system was added didn't have much of a reason to do the junctions...