Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SPOILER] [GUIDE] How to solo farm Kuva the easy way

KingTaro

Question

One way to do it is using max range Frost:

1. Build a max range Frost (Prime). My build is at the end of the video (at 5:12).

2. OPTIONAL: Equip the Zenurik Focus ( and/or use Energy Pods). You'll lose all energy each time your Operator dies, so a quick way to replenish energy is advised.

3. Go to a mission that spawns Kuva Siphons (I prefer Rusalka on Sedna). Run around in the mission until you encounter the Kuva Siphon.

4. Drop 3 to 4 Snow Globes around the Kuba Siphon. Note that the Globes even slow down the Kuva Energie. This gives you more than enough time to collect it.

5. When the Kuva Energy (it's that red cloud you can see at 3:33) spawns, you'll hear a spooky sound.

6. Dash with your Operator into the Kuva Energy to collect it. (Hold crouch then jump with Operator to perform a Dash)

BONUS: Kill the Kuva Guardians to get some nice mods and the parts for the new Melee weapon, Orvius.

To kill the Kuva Guardians, switch to the Operator, stun them with melee key and then dash into them. This will make them vulnerable to all damage. You can then switch back to your Warframe to finish them.

2 minutes ago, morningstar999 said:

question do they tell you if there's going to be a kuva siphon thingy or something at the start? 

I've done like 20+ runs and found nothing so far....

they mark it on the map if there is on in the level and the logo looks like a red square or like the capture target logo.

the spawn rate is about 30% what i hear but done 12 hours of farming and only got 1 so not sure about the spawn rate. But it does help if everyone on the team has done the quest or else it will not spawn.

Edited by TrueHawkEye

1 hour ago, morningstar999 said:

question do they tell you if there's going to be a kuva siphon thingy or something at the start? 
I've done like 20+ runs and found nothing so far....

No, you only get notified when you're close enough to the Kuva Siphon.
I'd suggest you try Rusalka on Sedna. So far, I've had the Siphon spawn every single time.

1 hour ago, Stonehenge said:

I just have two questions :

- Is there any mission where they spawn more than 5% of the time ?

- Did anyone could add them to the codex ? (not only scan them i mean)

- Rusalka on Sedna. Make sure you run around a bit.
- I did scan them, but they don't seem to appear in the Codex for me.

38 minutes ago, siralextraffo said:

Question, do you check every room or just head to objective and then extract hoping to find the stuff on your way? 

No, but I do run off track here and there.

All in all, concerning the spawn rate.
I have a feeling that they spawn in every mission, but you just need to get close enough to the Siphon for it to trigger.
So far, they spawned every time I ran the Rusalka capture mission on Sedna. Note that I always ran the mission solo. So perhaps they don't spawn if there is anyone in your team that hasn't completed TWW.

1 hour ago, Aratir said:

Nice coptering :D

Hah, thanks!

@Shreiko @Xekrin You're welcome! Glad I could help.

Just now, morningstar999 said:

35 runs (with quite a few on Rusalka) and still nothing, what the hell? 

I assume you've already completed TWW, but did you run solo?
Also, have you tried going off track here and there, instead of running straight to the mission objectives?

3 minutes ago, KingTaro said:

Also, have you tried going off track here and there, instead of running straight to the mission objectives?

XD yeah did TWW soon as it was out, did some in a group in the fortress but mostly solo, been running around the map like a hyper chicken looking for the damned thing. 

found stalker. (or rather he found me) and I tried to beat him up with my kiddo, but that was the highlight of the runs heh

Edited by morningstar999

7 minutes ago, KingTaro said:

I've done that & its been pretty dry. 

I run nearly exclusively solo these days and Rusalka is my usual node. I'm used to full clearing maps because that's my play style.

If the missions are spawning a Kuva Siphon at 100% rate then they're either:

1) on a spot I've never been to ( I'd say this is as close to impossible as you can reasonably expect)

2) don't spawn at a guaranteed rate (rng) in order to further the grind for items (teehee) that incentivises people to pay real money instead.

Given that option 2 includes RNG, Grind and Paywall I'd say this fits the bill perfectly.

I'm not sure what else to add, so I'll list everything that I think may influence it.

- Let the enemies trigger the alarm (be as loud during the mission as possible)
- Maybe the MR has an impact on the spawn rate? Higher MR > higher spawn rate?
- Equip full rank 30 arsenal (maybe the better equipped you are, the higher the spawn chance)

Just jumped ingame to check the spawn rate and it spawned right away for me (you can see the time in the chat, Belgium Time).

E4KyRXJ.jpg

17 minutes ago, Irorone said:

Yeah just ran into one NEW problem with kuva siphons, the clouds literally turned invisible a 1/4 of the way through, couldn't dash the kuva even when I knew the general direction from the siphon.

Same here. I really hope they'll fix it fast. 

What do you do when the clouds are invisible?

I found a kuva siphon and was able to easily grab the first cloud. But all the clouds after it were invisible. And yes, I was my Tenno while I watched as the machine obtained invisible clouds. I even tried dashing right in front of the raised  braid over and over to hopefully grab an invisible cloud but nothing happened.

edit: seems others have the same problem. Ugh. Better off just waiting for a patch soon.

Edited by SoulEchelon

Okay here is my bit of experience with suggestion to all of you who still having some confusions on where, when & how to farm these floating blood cells.

Hints & suggestions:

1. No need to look for it as after spawning in a mission you will see for yourself that your screen's color texture has become noticeably reddish giving you the hint of its presence otherwise everything will stay just normal which means no hunting.

2. There will be just another assassination marker on your minimap even while you are remarkably far away from the point so dont bother to waste time looking for them as when you are close enough to that location, the worm will show up instructing the guardians to play! with the child :P

3. For me they've always spawned in the center of a crowded/big area having multiple passage ways connected and in the half way point of mission objective which was Tyl Regor for me in Titania. Spawn rate was, I'd say 70%+ for me AND most of the times it was bugged out so no farming.

4. Sometimes the clouds will be bit far away from the siphon while it starts to suck them in and due to which it may seem that the clouds have become invisible, so keep your ears & eyes open to notice the spooky sound and look around a little, you will notice that sometimes the clouds are questionably far away from the sucking pipe; bang your head in to get your kuvas.

5. If you are having problems with the time limited casting of stun then do this and you will think of me while playing (JK :P). Like smashing our melee to the ground do a jump and tap 'E' while landing, you will never run out of stun power (lol). But if you use 'stun' normally being on the ground then after a few times you will run out of energy just when the clouds have showed up. Space + E = 100% Stun every time.

6. If using frost then better go for max dura-range Ice-Wave build with the aug (instead of globing around as globes will block your and team mate's fire power) as it will slow down everything around for a remarkable amount of time and even Avalanche, which will allow you to use operator without hassle; I personally prefer rhino-stomping and excal-blind with the same max dura-range build. BTW I dont face any trouble running around as my operator as I keep stunning everything that comes in my way.

I will edit and add more if I can think of more. 

Edited by AhmadIvu

3 hours ago, AhmadIvu said:

Okay here is my bit of experience with suggestion to all of you who still having some confusions on where, when & how to farm these floating blood cells.

Hints & suggestions:

1. No need to look for it as after spawning in a mission you will see for yourself that your screen's color texture has become noticeably reddish giving you the hint of its presence otherwise everything will stay just normal which means no hunting.

2. There will be just another assassination marker on your minimap even while you are remarkably far away from the point so dont bother to waste time looking for them as when you are close enough to that location, the worm will show up instructing the guardians to play! with the child :P

3. For me they've always spawned in the center of a crowded/big area having multiple passage ways connected and in the half way point of mission objective which was Tyl Regor for me in Titania. Spawn rate was, I'd say 70%+ for me AND most of the times it was bugged out so no farming.

4. Sometimes the clouds will be bit far away from the siphon while it starts to suck them in and due to which it may seem that the clouds have become invisible, so keep your ears & eyes open to notice the spooky sound and look around a little, you will notice that sometimes the clouds are questionably far away from the sucking pipe; bang your head in to get your kuvas.

5. If you are having problems with the time limited casting of stun then do this and you will think of me while playing (JK :P). Like smashing our melee to the ground do a jump and tap 'E' while landing, you will never run out of stun power (lol). But if you use 'stun' normally being on the ground then after a few times you will run out of energy just when the clouds have showed up. Space + E = 100% Stun every time.

6. If using frost then better go for max dura-range Ice-Wave build with the aug (instead of globing around as globes will block your and team mate's fire power) as it will slow down everything around for a remarkable amount of time and even Avalanche, which will allow you to use operator without hassle; I personally prefer rhino-stomping and excal-blind with the same max dura-range build. BTW I dont face any trouble running around as my operator as I keep stunning everything that comes in my way.

I will edit and add more if I can think of more. 

Sorry but point 1 is not correct. 

In my experience the screen turns red if you spot the siphon in the mini map, I've made several runs when I had nothing at the beginning and just got the screen on my way to extraction as soon as I came closer to the thing. 

So far I've seen them spawning in fixed rooms:

- the 2 levels with 4 directions one 

- the very long and straight one with one access in the middle and 2 on an upper level on each side 

- the one with stairs going up and a small corridor leading to a door on the other side 

- the very huge rooms with several access points and levels, with a sort of control panel on the lower level 

The reason why Rusalka is so good is simply because it usually features all of these rooms multiple times in the same run. 

Also, to @KingTaro, you may want to add to OP that you can easily tell where the cloud is coming from because the siphon will tend one of its sucking arms to it until it's vacuumed. 

Edited by siralextraffo

Thanks for trying to help, but I've been farming this mission for hours and the only kuva siphon I've seen remains the one I got yesterday in the sortie, when I absolutely didn't want one.

I only returned to the game a few days ago for the update and I'll be leaving again thanks to this S#&$load of RNG.