Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I need a recommendation...

(XBOX)TwitchyTwigger

Question

16 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, X3Evanescence said:

Loki. 

Loki is crowd control, yes... but he's not a support frame.

The closest thing I would say that covers both would be Oberon if used correctly. His ultimate knocks down the enemies(if they survive), and his third ability heals. His abilities are also radiation based, which can cause confusion if proc'd.

Edited by DarkOmegaGamer

Just now, (XB1)TwitchyTwigger said:

How? i mean, i know what his 4 does, but i want mass destruction of the masses.

Hmm, Loki has invisibility, which essentially allows him to cheese most mission setups, and his 4 is a powerful CC tool, especially with Irradiating Disarm. He will have to rely on his weapons for killing, though.

There are a couple Warframes that offer good CC and Support. Vauban is the king of CC(no question), but you'd need a flexible definition of support to put him there. Inaros is a good option, and Equinox has CC, Support, and Offense all rolled into one. If your definition of CC is as flexible as mine, and you're a little weird too, give Limbo a try. He's a lot different than any other Warframe, but a good Limbo can carry an entire team without taking any damage.

1 minute ago, DarkOmegaGamer said:

Loki is crowd control, yes... but he's not a support frame as well.

The closest thing I would say that covers both would be Oberon if used correctly. His ultimate knocks down the enemies(if they survive), and his third ability heals. His abilities are also radiation based, which can cause confusion if proc'd.

interesting... one question iv seen most waframe parts drop but not his... is he special?

9 hours ago, (XB1)TwitchyTwigger said:

interesting... one question iv seen most waframe parts drop but not his... is he special?

his parts comes from eximus units... if you want it then play high-level missions as they mostly spawn there

Edited by NobleParadox96
yay my 1000th pst :D

People who said Volt Prime is no good don't know how to play him.  He is one of the most balanced frame in game and he can fit in almost any play style.  If you want to use Volt for crowd control, use his Discharge and build for range.  How are you playing Volt?  I run a balanced build for general use because I like using all of his abilities, but I also have a speed build and a crowd control build depending on the situation.

Pretty much most frames can play crowd control and support role if you want.  For example, Rhino, new players tend of focus only on his Iron Skin, but his Stomp works well as crowd control and his Roar benefits the entire team.  Nyx is a good crowd control frame especially with her Chaos and Absorb. If you want pure support, go with Trinity though people probably just want her to do Energy Vampire all the time which makes her boring to play.

What aspect of Titania did you like?  Maybe we can recommend something based on your play style.

Lol people who tell you Volt Prime is no good. XD

Volt's amazeballs, but honestly, try them for yourself, find what fits your play style the best. I love Volt, especially because of his support abilities, and his CC abilities, and his self abilities. 

Equinox. She's a versatile support frame with respectable CC and enormous damage potential (both targeted and AoE).

Rest is a cheap, quick-fire, small area CC like Spellbind (same area, enemies open to melee finishers). At the same time, you have a damage reduction aura (augment: slow aura), and an AoE heal that affects all allies (not just warframes). Equinox healing Nekros' Shadows is pretty amazing, and she can even top off sortie defense objectives (because they're operatives, not cryopods).

In day form, Rage is a speed-Nova-like damage amp/haste with the same small area as Rest, which can be used for shot-calling/picking off high priority targets (the idea is they won't live long enough to use the speed). You also have a power strength aura that works great for exalted weapons (including Razorwing) and other channeled powers. And then you have the crown jewel, Maim, which briefly stuns all enemies entering its area and usually kills low-level enemies outright, while storing damage from kills (no matter who kills the enemy, as long as it dies under the aura) for huge radial bursts that let you take out whole crowds by only killing a few of them first. Works great with high single-target damage weapons.

2 hours ago, (XB1)TwitchyTwigger said:

How? i mean, i know what his 4 does, but i want mass destruction of the masses.

In this case u must chose between CC and massmurdering Frames. Main difference: CC Frames will easy get u into high levels where the Frames with abilities based on strenght starts cripling. Choice is yours. Massmurdering Frames, imo: Ash, Ember, Saryn, Hydroid.

Three recommendations:

Just get an Ember if you want mass murder crowd control.  She will nuke the map with World on Fire as you run through anything on the star chart.  I use her all the time when I can't be bothered to kill each individual enemy.  She has a syndicate augment that lets her have decent crowd control too when her damage falls off in high level stuff Iike sorties. 

Nova's Molecular Prime is great for slowing enemies and increasing the damage dealt to them.

Nyx is easy to build (0 to 1 forma, no augment mods necessary).  Her Chaos ability should be modded for max range and efficiency and can be spammed every 5 to 15 seconds to keep the enemies fighting each other instead of you or the objective.  Great for when enemies are too tough to kill easily.

These three frames are easy to aquire unlike Equinox or Vauban or Ash.  They are also easy to use build and use, relying on a single continuous or spammed power that can be modded for without gimping the rest of the frame's powers.