Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Severe Performance Issues since TWW

asasiner12

PC Specs: i5 4690k GTX 970 16GB RAM

Same exact graphical settings since before the update, NVIDIA PHYSX turned off, used to get solid 60 FPS with vsync on.

After update it drops to 50, no fancy new graphic option turned on like the new volumetric lighting.

Additionally pressing ctrl plus a ability key tanks fps down to 40.

PLS fix, makes my head hurt

12 minutes ago, asasiner12 said:

Same exact graphical settings since before the update, NVIDIA PHYSX turned off, used to get solid 60 FPS with vsync on.

After update it drops to 50, no fancy new graphic option turned on like the new volumetric lighting.

Hi asasiner12, 

How is performance if you disable v-sync and instead set your "Max Framerate" to 60 FPS?

I am also having performance issues and laggy menu screens. Especially the Arsenal. I can go from 140 fps down to 40 fps depending on where I am. This is mostly happening when a crapton of enemies are spawned and in Kuva Fortress.

Specs:

GTX 1080

32GB RAM

144hz, G-Sync monitor.

Edited by Multicom-EN-

3 hours ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

Hi asasiner12, 

How is performance if you disable v-sync and instead set your "Max Framerate" to 60 FPS?

Sorry to grab your attention like this Dimitri, but I would like to know your stance on host computers. I have a brand new computer with about 128GB RAM and about 4 graphics cards. (I do graphics engineering on the side) and I was wondering If we could have a new kind of title such as "Permanent/Dedicated Host." I kinda want to have my computer be put to good use instead of just waiting for the host migration

I recently upgraded my older 660 into a 1060. You'd guess that such an upgrade would bring the framerates and performance up, right? Well, guess again.

As the game starts at 300 FPS, sooner or later it drops into 60. Then 50. 40. 30. And then I barely get it above 20.

I've heard that other people are having issues like this with the 10 series of Nvidia. Is this on their end, or DE's?

And if it's on DE's end, are there workarounds? Can we even expect a fix?

Some more info:

Drivers up-to-date as of 19-11-2016. (Or 11-19, whichever half of the globe you live on)

Old GPU: GeForce GTX 660 (OEM, 1.5GB)

New GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 (Gigabyte Windforce OC 6GB)

Processor: Intel i5 3350P @ 3.1GHz

RAM: 16GB DDR3 @ 1600 MHz

Edited by Soulswipe

I wanted to try to help you, then I read this line

5 minutes ago, Soulswipe said:

And if it's DE's laziness to optimize the game for the newest cards, are there workarounds? Can we even expect a fix?

But the person above me is right, roll back your drivers, it's Nvidia's fault.

but seriously don't devbash just to do it.

The latest nvidia driver update throttles the video memory clock to 810mhz. This affects Pascal series cards, particularly 1080, 1070 and 1060. Some info: http://gadgets.ndtv.com/laptops/news/nvidia-driver-update-throttles-memory-clock-of-10-series-geforce-graphics-cards-1626766

And yeah, don't just bash DE for that, clearly not their fault.

11 minutes ago, Maxitotito said:

Don't update your drivers, nvidia drivers are a mess lately :/ had to investigate myself since support gave up on the same case for me.

I tried it with older and newer drivers. Even the newest one, as of yesterday. 

13 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

I wanted to try to help you, then I read this line

But the person above me is right, roll back your drivers, it's Nvidia's fault.

but seriously don't devbash just to do it.

I'm not devbashing. I'm asking whether it could be on their end, AND IF SO, whether they could fix it or not. 
I did not state that this issue is literally their fault. I do not know if it is, or Nvidia's. 

6 minutes ago, KuroShiranui said:

The latest nvidia driver update throttles the video memory clock to 810mhz. This affects Pascal series cards, particularly 1080, 1070 and 1060. Some info: http://gadgets.ndtv.com/laptops/news/nvidia-driver-update-throttles-memory-clock-of-10-series-geforce-graphics-cards-1626766

And yeah, don't just bash DE for that, clearly not their fault.

Same goes for you sir, I'm not bashing them. Read what I wrote carefully.

Also, Nvidia has hotfixed that issue and I have the latest possible driver. My clock speed is normal, seeing as I'm able to keep up the 200-300 FPS smoothly and with ease in the first minutes or even hour of playing.

15 minutes ago, Soulswipe said:

Same goes for you sir, I'm not bashing them. Read what I wrote carefully.

Also, Nvidia has hotfixed that issue and I have the latest possible driver. My clock speed is normal, seeing as I'm able to keep up the 200-300 FPS smoothly and with ease in the first minutes or even hour of playing.

I'm reading what you wrote carefully and I still can't see how:

37 minutes ago, Soulswipe said:

And if it's DE's laziness to optimize the game for the newest cards, are there workarounds? Can we even expect a fix?

can be construed as a positive, just admit it was a poor choice of words, edit out the vitriol and move on or your going to going to widen the already growing consensus that it was dev bashing, even if it was rather slight.

As for the rest, the recent hotifx to the pascal series of cards hasn't solved the issue for many users still, so yes, it's still on Nvidia's end, play any other DX11 game and you should see similar results. Either roll back to older drivers (375.63 seems to be working fine for people experiencing this and when you roll back you need to do a clean installation of them) or wait for another attempted fix.

Edited by Kedai

I'm getting 'stutters' in various parts of the ship, arsenal seems to be the main area though.  It's like there is a delay with it accessing and loading the data for that part of the game which shouldn't be the case on an ssd...  I have noticed that things like kavat tails and syandanas start high up and then fall down (don't think I've got physx enabled) like dropping a cloth over an object.   I'd say there's likely some coding bug somewhere because changing colours etc via randomise on my kavats also freezes the game and requires alt+f4.

System - i7 4790k, 16GB Ram, GTX 1060 SC 6GB, Samsung evo 850 250GB SSD, 1080P 60HZ vsync.  Game stats bar show that I'm more than capable of keeping a constant 60FPS in heavy parts of the game so the arsenal etc shouldn't be an issue. 

3 hours ago, Kedai said:

I'm reading what you wrote carefully and I still can't see how:

can be construed as a positive, just admit it was a poor choice of words, edit out the vitriol and move on or your going to going to widen the already growing consensus that it was dev bashing, even if it was rather slight.

As for the rest, the recent hotifx to the pascal series of cards hasn't solved the issue for many users still, so yes, it's still on Nvidia's end, play any other DX11 game and you should see similar results. Either roll back to older drivers (375.63 seems to be working fine for people experiencing this and when you roll back you need to do a clean installation of them) or wait for another attempted fix.

Update: Yep, you were right. The framerate did improve with driver version 375.63. I'm getting 30FPS average instead of 20! :D

I also have a GTX 1060 (same model as yours) with an i5 4460 @ 3.2 GHz, using 372.70 drivers, I'm getting consistent >144 fps without frame drops (except in situations involving loads of enemies), maybe try it out?

Edited by Neah

1 hour ago, SmokeyJesus said:

Try turning physx off, seems to help a bit with the constant doping fps.

No, it's not. It doesn't change anything. And it's not Nvidia fault, obviously DE, because after TWW everything was ok.

I've complete the quest without any issues. After some of TWW hotfixes - it's a mess now. My FPS drops from 90-60 to 10.

It happens in a dojo, liset, rele and any mission - normal or archwing. It's kinda sad, especially having 90 days boosters, that I can't use.

UPD. GEFORCE HOTFIX DRIVER VERSION 375.95, Like Dmitri offered didn't helped either.

Edited by MomentsOfSpring

33 minutes ago, MomentsOfSpring said:

No, it's not. It doesn't change anything. And it's not Nvidia fault, obviously DE, because after TWW everything was ok.

I've complete the quest without any issues. After some of TWW hotfixes - it's a mess now. My FPS drops from 90-60 to 10.

It happens in a dojo, liset, rele and any mission - normal or archwing. It's kinda sad, especially having 90 days boosters, that I can't use.

UPD. GEFORCE HOTFIX DRIVER VERSION 375.95, Like Dmitri offered didn't helped either.

Thank you for seconding me.

3 hours ago, Neah said:

I also have a GTX 1060 (same model as yours) with an i5 4460 @ 3.2 GHz, using 372.70 drivers, I'm getting consistent >144 fps without frame drops (except in situations involving loads of enemies), maybe try it out?

Might do. The current version(375.63) freezes my screen(game keeps playing) every match after approx 5 minutes. 

Tried to verify the cache on steam. It found 200! files that weren't validated, so I needed to redownload 13GB of data. Then, another 1GB on the launcher.

Result: Constant screen freezes upon entering missions, FPS of 30 and less upon launching the game.

Amazing.

Old(375.63) and latest(375.95) driver giving this issue.

3 minutes ago, Soulswipe said:

Tried to verify the cache on steam. It found 200! files that weren't validated, so I needed to redownload 13GB of data. Then, another 1GB on the launcher.

Result: Constant screen freezes upon entering missions, FPS of 30 and less upon launching the game.

Amazing.

Old(375.63) and latest(375.95) driver giving this issue.

Never verify your cache on steam, it is always slightly outdated compared to the current build Warframe uses, so every time you verify the result will be the same, and will solve absolutely nothing for you. 

Just now, Neah said:

Never verify your cache on steam, it is always slightly outdated compared to the current build Warframe uses, so every time you verify the result will be the same, and will solve absolutely nothing for you. 

Tad too late for that now innit