Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

And now the wait for excal umbra begins (again)

Ninjadeath721

4 hours ago, Nurmetya said:

Nope, first is infested frame then bard frame then maybe this guy..... and thats a big maybe since DE wanted to do something semi big with umbra's instead of just saying here come and get it.

I still think they are being held by the balls by China and the whole "We want Umbra to have its own special big event" is just a smokescreen because China doesn't like the global build getting Excalbro Umbra and DE doesn't want to say anything because they know it would royally piss off the global players if they just out right said "No Umbra ever, sorry.". Just my 2cents. Pessimistic, but someone has to say it and play devils advocate.

Edited by Azur_Fenix

On 11/16/2016 at 6:50 PM, Azur_Fenix said:

I still think they are being held by the balls by China and the whole "We want Umbra to have its own special big event" is just a smokescreen because China doesn't like the global build getting Excalbro Umbra and DE doesn't want to say anything because they know it would royally piss off the global players if they just out right said "No Umbra ever, sorry.". Just my 2cents. Pessimistic, but someone has to say it and play devils advocate.

Yeah to be honest a Ham Sandwich has a higher priority rating to me then anything Umbra and I'm pretty much approaching Umbras as such..... it'll get here when it gets here cause there ain't no rush for it and I don't even like Ham Sandwiches I prefer a nice hot Pastrami on Rye with Mustard.

On 11/16/2016 at 5:05 PM, Demoonic said:

They said the next cinematic quest (Update 20) Would be all about Umbras. They also said the way you acquire them would be through a new system, not that the frame itself would alter gameplay in anyway, which I'm totally fine with. It would be rather redundant to make Umbra play mechanically different from his brothers. He should be coming out early 2017 (around march or april I'm guessing) 

U20 in a a few months? how about next november when it has been 5-6 months after DE shows a teaser at Pax East for Umbra and we all wait only to get a New conclave game mode and more grind because that's what vets want amirite?

10 hours ago, Nurmetya said:

Yeah to be honest a Ham Sandwich has a higher priority rating to me then anything Umbra and I'm pretty much approaching Umbras as such..... it'll get here when it gets here cause there ain't no rush for it and I don't even like Ham Sandwiches I prefer a nice hot Pastrami on Rye with Mustard.

Food should always have a higher prio..you need one to survive.

On 11/16/2016 at 4:44 PM, SocknBoppers said:

Let's hope that Frost Umbra and Ember Umbra are more than just new helmets :^)

*Peers over at their prime counterparts*

Oh how excalibur has suffered, prime was a shot in the dark and missed, now they fail us again with umbra. We can only hope that frost gets better than the prime treatment.

With the new mechanic learned in War Within, the knowledge that DE says we'll use a different system from the current to capture Umbras, and the general notion that they're supposed to be Rogue warframes not piloted by a Tenno, I'm going to guess that they're like Pokemon, and you're supposed to go hunt for them, duel them to low health, then throw your operator at it and hope you catch it in your Arbiter-ball to add to your collection. Where you'll have to feed it treats, and give it pets to make sure it knows you love it.

I promise to take good care of my Umbra Banshee, I'll feed it and take it for walks every day. Can I keep it, mom? Lotus?

Edited by IneffableCupidity

34 minutes ago, (XB1)FISTO ROBOT0 said:

I will never understand the obsession with umbra. We don't even know what it is yet, seriously it'll come when it comes. It needs completely new abilities because regular excel has like 5 damn skins lol.

Its literally because it looks primed, looks better than excal prime, and has an le edgy anime scarf.  Then people started wanting it to be even more unique with custom umbra abilities and things that make me cringe for reading half the time. Add that in the mix with DE not saying no to it being released and you have this situation now. 

44 minutes ago, Nariala said:

Its literally because it looks primed, looks better than excal prime, and has an le edgy anime scarf.  Then people started wanting it to be even more unique with custom umbra abilities and things that make me cringe for reading half the time. Add that in the mix with DE not saying no to it being released and you have this situation now. 

I mean... Idk, I know we aren't getting it any time soon, so I will just wait until we have more details before I just constantly hype myself for it. Like Oberon prime. I want that badly, but there's a good long wait before that will ever happen, so I'm not going to stress about it.

2 hours ago, (XB1)FISTO ROBOT0 said:

I will never understand the obsession with umbra. We don't even know what it is yet, seriously it'll come when it comes. It needs completely new abilities because regular excel has like 5 damn skins lol.

There would be no point in calling it Excalibur if the abilities are new. They just have to give it new visible effects and a special quirk to it's passive.

7 hours ago, IneffableCupidity said:

With the new mechanic learned in War Within, the knowledge that DE says we'll use a different system from the current to capture Umbras, and the general notion that they're supposed to be Rogue warframes not piloted by a Tenno, I'm going to guess that they're like Pokemon, and you're supposed to go hunt for them, duel them to low health, then throw your operator at it and hope you catch it in your Arbiter-ball to add to your collection. Where you'll have to feed it treats, and give it pets to make sure it knows you love it.

I promise to take good care of my Umbra Banshee, I'll feed it and take it for walks every day. Can I keep it, mom? Lotus?

Off topic, but is it wrong that I don't look at Lotus as a mom? But...well future waifu. If you get the meaning?

4 hours ago, Nariala said:

I am for the re-release of excal prime if they ever figure out a way to do it and not piss off the founders who bought it for exclusivity. 

I don't think that's possible. Umbra already pissed of a lot of founders from what I saw. I can only imagine the S#&$ storm a re-released Excalbro prime would cause.

i only like it for looks and i have excal prime so i don't care as much but continuing to make people wait for the upgrade they've been waiting for sucks founders can get mad all they want but we gotta realize its unfair and even though it pretty much makes the founder pack pointless the free players have waited long enough. also i wouldn't count on it being released by the end of the year or early next year since apparently the wait for this update was unbearably long lucky for me that i only just recently came back just in time for it so i lucked out. also trying to find a lore reason to put it in the game is cool but now that builds the hype only to be let down in the future because it wasn't as great as we hoped so just release it as a skin and then explain it later because most people only want it for looks. lets just have umbra be something like the stalkers dead kids or strong willed souls that inhabit the frame or maybe the opposite of primes rivals to the light they walk a different path 

On 11/16/2016 at 9:51 PM, SoulEchelon said:

You guys are hyping yourselves up a bit much. We know very, very little about Umbra, and has DE even spoke of Umbra versions of other Warframes? I mean do we really need a third tier of each warframe? My guess is that it's going to end up being some sort of special "skin" that's given due to a story related reason. May even have to do with the "moral" system we were just given during War Within. We'll see - it's all speculation at this point.

I do remember they said Umbra won't be coming until past update 20, so you'll be waiting for quite a long time.

they've said that they will be a 'very rare', which to my mind says only the Starter Frames or the 'original eight' will be umbra'd, and at a rate far slower than we get primes.