Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Prime design lore discussion

Cyborg-Rox

3 minutes ago, Yaikser said:

Prime one still have "primed" impaled bits on her ankles and other parts (present as corpus kind of pins in her default version).

Yes but it doesnt looked Corpus now does it?

Its similar to Kavat piercings 

The original version may have same piercings and the corpus just took those out and use restains instead.. She was still taken apart and kinda reassembled...

13 minutes ago, Yaikser said:

Prime one still have "primed" impaled bits on her ankles and other parts (present as corpus kind of pins in her default version).

Just as the prime 'cords' are ceremonial ribbons rather than cords from being in bondage, the 'impaled' bits may be for ceremonial looks or fancier design too, rather than being restraints.

37 minutes ago, Neptlude said:

If ye compared the base body of current Valky and Gersemi, their anatomy it self is different, specially that gersemi has a curved shin... o. o

Different artist, 3 years later maybe? Don't you think if the actual artist would have to remake Valkyr now, she would look a lot different? I'm not a huge fan of that skin but i can see some similarities with the original.

39 minutes ago, Neptlude said:

What if the original valky has a tenno looking guards on her arm before the corpus, Not the Prime versions guards are not impaled to her arms...

Again, another "what if?". Those things have the same colors and shape as Corpus tech, her little collar around her neck/behind the helmet and all the little Corpus bits on her skin. Also, you have the tubes or bonds that you can attach on these blocks, and they certainly do not look like tenno, grineer or orokin. And finally it leads to this question, how can something added after being primed, be primed? These things are not on Gersemi, and while it might not be the "original", it tells us she didn't need them to function and/or use her powers. 

"Just take her default skin and add a couple of prime bits everywhere, they won't even notice it" - DE

27 minutes ago, Neptlude said:

Yes but it doesnt looked Corpus now does it?

Its similar to Kavat piercings 

The original version may have same piercings and the corpus just took those out and use restains instead.. She was still taken apart and kinda reassembled...

13 minutes ago, ArcariusAero said:

Just as the prime 'cords' are ceremonial ribbons rather than cords from being in bondage, the 'impaled' bits may be for ceremonial looks or fancier design too, rather than being restraints.

Lore aside for me It looks like whoever was in charge said to the artist: prime this!, giving him the regular valkyr meshes and skin without any other indication, I might be totally wrong though.

37 minutes ago, Stoner74 said:

Again, another "what if?". Those things have the same colors and shape as Corpus tech, her little collar around her neck/behind the helmet and all the little Corpus bits on her skin. 

It looks nothing like the corpus blocks.... A bit similar in shape but the primed version has curved and longer.... And from the looks of it ye will be able to change the color... They look more like arm shield than restraints

37 minutes ago, Stoner74 said:

Also, you have the tubes or bonds that you can attach on these blocks, and they certainly do not look like tenno, grineer or orokin. 

This again... For the corpus AGAIN is for restrain it attaches multiple cables on it... On the Primed ver its just 1 chain accessory.

Also this blocks contain the wires for Rip line.

This is why Gersemi Valky isnt the same as Valky, Thats why the lore keeps calling it "Gersemi Valkyr" and not Original Valkyr... Hell Gersemi may have different abilities than regular Valkyr, but they cant implement that cause its just a skin...

Current Valkyr has been ripped apart and put back together with corpus tech.

Also whats wrong with "what if" ye dont know the truth too...

Also if ye really dont like how her prime version look ye can just skip it... @_@  As for me Im preparing for the relics :L

46 minutes ago, Neptlude said:

It looks nothing like the corpus blocks.... A bit similar in shape but the primed version has curved and longer.... And from the looks of it ye will be able to change the color... They look more like arm shield than restraints

Did you even get my point? I KNOW the blocks on her prime version look nothing like corpus. This is not what i'm getting at. Why the hell is corpus tech being primed despite being a long time after the orokin era? Which primes come from? No one can answer that because it makes no sense. 

52 minutes ago, Neptlude said:

This again... For the corpus AGAIN is for restrain it attaches multiple cables on it... On the Primed ver its just 1 chain accessory.

Ok so we can agree her regular version has corpus tech. Alright. Then answer my question, how can something added after being primed, be primed? Gersemi despite being "just" a skin is what Valkyr looked like before Alad V. And she didn't have any corpus restraints nor any blocks and all that. 

I understand the thing about skins and stuff but, i'm repeating myself again, i doesn't make any sense.

4 minutes ago, Stoner74 said:

Did you even get my point? I KNOW the blocks on her prime version look nothing like corpus. This is not what i'm getting at. Why the hell is corpus tech being primed despite being a long time after the orokin era? Which primes come from? No one can answer that because it makes no sense. 

Ok so we can agree her regular version has corpus tech. Alright. Then answer my question, how can something added after being primed, be primed? Gersemi despite being "just" a skin is what Valkyr looked like before Alad V. And she didn't have any corpus restraints nor any blocks and all that. 

I understand the thing about skins and stuff but, i'm repeating myself again, i doesn't make any sense.

because Valkyr Prime has gauntlets, base form pre corpus Valkyr does not(maybe) for the same reasons that many none prime warframes don't have the extra bits that their primes have, it is a watered down version of the prime, less blingy

base Valkyr may have always had gauntlet, that Alad could have cut from her, or just perhaps the gaunlets were omitted when the Tenno made the none prime Valkyr

this is not about corpus parts being primed, but more about that the gauntlet were always there

2 minutes ago, Stoner74 said:

Why the hell is corpus tech being primed despite being a long time after the orokin era? Which primes come from? No one can answer that because it makes no sense.

Because there may already have been tech there that corpus just replaced... AGAIN she was rip apart and put together again with just corpus tech.

3 minutes ago, Stoner74 said:

AGAIN! Gersemi Valkyr is not the current Valkyr based form.

Valkyr(A)

Gersmi Valkyr(B) 

Current Corpus Valkyr(C)

(A) being the original before being ripped apart. At the same time line (B) is developed as a variant of (A) different yet similar at the same time.

(A) was captured and turned into (C)... Got that?

(A) may already have similar attachments that doesnt look corpus at all. No one knows what Valkyr looks like pre corpus, Gersemi Valkyr is a variant of Valkyr that existed long ago even before the corpus, that doesnt mean its the same valkyr that was use in the dissection.

If you still dont get it. Original Valkyr has box on arm. Corpus replace box on arm.

29 minutes ago, Stoner74 said:

The extra parts of the arm I have no idea about, they're quite possibly fancy arm guards or something like said earlier by another poster.

The restraints on the other hand are not actually restraints in the case of Valkyr Prime, as I said earlier. They're ribbons for ceremonial purposes.

Different uses for different times.

It's not that the prime is adding something that wasn't there, it's that Gersemi took away something that WAS there. No idea why Gersemi removed it, or why the Corpus tacked a boxy version back on when she could have just been tied down or something like that instead though.

Edited by ArcariusAero

10 minutes ago, Neptlude said:

Because there may already have been tech there that corpus just replaced... AGAIN she was rip apart and put together again with just corpus tech.

AGAIN! Gersemi Valkyr is not the current Valkyr based form.

Valkyr(A)

Gersmi Valkyr(B) 

Current Corpus Valkyr(C)

(A) being the original before being ripped apart. At the same time line (B) is developed as a variant of (A) different yet similar at the same time.

(A) was captured and turned into (C)... Got that?

(A) may already have similar attachments that doesnt look corpus at all. No one knows what Valkyr looks like pre corpus, Gersemi Valkyr is a variant of Valkyr that existed long ago even before the corpus, that doesnt mean its the same valkyr that was use in the dissection.

If you still dont get it. Original Valkyr has box on arm. Corpus replace box on arm.

G-skin

Before Alad V, before the experiments, there was the Gersemi Valkyr.

Bonds

Remnants of the bonds that restrained the original Valkyr during her time in 'the lab'. A reminder to never forget the torment.

It's pretty clear that the G-skin is supposed to be the standard look and that the bonds were put there to restraint G-skin Valk for experiments.

5 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

G-skin

Bonds

Remnants of the bonds that restrained the original Valkyr during her time in 'the lab'. A reminder to never forget the torment.

It's pretty clear that the G-skin is supposed to be the standard look and that the bonds were put there to restraint G-skin Valk for experiments.

Not his again... wtf people `-`

pasting:

note:  named Gersemi Valkyr  Basically not the actual Valkyr frame, a variant similar to Rhino royal guard. and it didnt state that its the actual frame used for Uncle Salad's experiment...

If ye compared the base body of current Valky and Gersemi, their anatomy it self is different, specially that gersemi has a curved shin...

--------

If it was the same frame, they woudnt add Gersemi in the name. They would just named it Original Valkyr or just Valkyr

Adding Gersemi in the name means its a modified version of the Valkyr frame...

As for the bonds.

AGAIN Valkyr may always have guards before the bonds. Instead of removing it and using her old ones(which may already been lost) she kept it as a reminder....

Edited by Neptlude

it was mentioned somewhere that all the warfames and tenno weapons are replicas of the orokin originals and on top of that even with this eras tech the couldnt reach the glory of the orokin tech.... dont forgot that all of the vanilla frames is ordis doing his best to consturct a replica of orokin tech.... that said in my opinion there was valkyr prime in orokin era after that the tech was lost...then came the tenno era where valkyr was the germeni that was captured and turned into vanilla valkyr... and besides if you look at the body of the prime and the germnsisijfo one there are similarities

Valkyr prime does not actually look like the Alad variant, arm bands that don't even look the same, are not enough, and Alad could have even used the Prime variant in his experiment if you want to inflate their importance that much. Before Alad V and before the experiments can also include subsequent models made by the Orokin, after the proto Gersemi . I can't believe this topic has  even gone as long as it has and that people are trying to make retconning lore implications from it. Completely mental.

Edited by UrielColtan

The Prime is awful,it's ugly and lazy.She looks more like a dood now.Her legs and inner thigh areas are replicas of the original.Next i don't get why they pasted one of Loki Prime's upper leg parts on hers.What's with the Orokin bonds.Don't understand the helmet,those Jesus' thorned laurels and bull nose ring just don't click.Then the barbecue fork feet,that's probably the best part.No comment on the weird in general looking chest/stomach area,looks messy.Oh,oh,and her shoulders look like Eos Prime.I'm actually so glad we have the Gersemi skin,something to cover the Prime with,phew.I consider most Primes Ugly and to me they've been getting worse and worse,atrocious Vauban,ludicrous Nekros with those annoying wings you can't take off,oversized Trinity,now this...thing.I'm all for Deluxe skins,they're what's saving the cosmetic part of the game.

Edited by OMHOMHOM
-

24 minutes ago, Neptlude said:

Not his again... wtf people `-`

pasting:

note:  named Gersemi Valkyr  Basically not the actual Valkyr frame, a variant similar to Rhino royal guard. and it didnt state that its the actual frame used for Uncle Salad's experiment...

Sorry but i am going to take the word of the game that states.

If you have something that counters this in game right now im happy to take a look at it.

If ye compared the base body of current Valky and Gersemi, their anatomy it self is different, specially that gersemi has a curved shin...

well, the frame was being experimented on, man.

--------

If it was the same frame, they woudnt add Gersemi in the name. They would just named it Original Valkyr or just Valkyr

Adding Gersemi in the name means its a modified version of the Valkyr frame...

LOL! The Valkyr Valkyr skin?

The name is there to NOT have that goofiness you just mentioned. Valkyr Valkyr skin....

As for the bonds.

AGAIN Valkyr may always have guards before the bonds. Instead of removing it and using her old ones(which may already been lost) she kept it as a reminder....

Again, i'll take the words that the game has. If you have something else from the game, i'll be happy to check it out.

We all know that the prime version was done to look like the standard experimented looked because that the look most people are going to see and they want it to be recognizable, this is obvious. This, of course, doesnt work if you pay attention to the lore.

They have done this before with Nova. We all know this, i dont know why people are trying to excuse it.

2 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

LOL! The Valkyr Valkyr skin?

The name is there to NOT have that goofiness you just mentioned. Valkyr Valkyr skin....

Wtf I never said Valkyr Valkyr skin... Why not go in "Original Valkyr " or Origin Skin Valkyr...  

If ye base Gersemi as the original Valkyr, The Valkyr now should have been waaaay thinner. Even if experimented, the supposed peeled off arms looks bigger than Gersemi's thinner arms... The angle and positioning of her legs is also different too.. Even experimenting they woudnt have changed her core skeletal frame...

2 minutes ago, Neptlude said:

Wtf I never said Valkyr Valkyr skin... Why not go in "Original Valkyr " or Origin Skin Valkyr... 

48 minutes ago, Neptlude said:

They would just named it Original Valkyr or just Valkyr

Just Valkyr? The frame is Valkyr so that means it would be the Valkyr Valkyr skin.

Now let's think about this for a second. After the experiment we got Valkyr. So the Alad V experimented variant is called Valkyr, meaning, the name of the original is Germesi. 

Like the codex states.

Forged in the labs of the Zanuka project, the original Valkyr was subject to cruel experiments, leaving her scarred, angry and frighteningly adept at killing.

The original, aka Gersemi, was experimented on and we got this Alad V variant called Valkyr. He probably named her Valkyr because it starts with V so he wanted to leave his V stamp.

The actual name of this frame is Gersemi. We have just been using the Alad V variant.

If ye base Gersemi as the original Valkyr, The Valkyr now should have been waaaay thinner. Even if experimented, the supposed peeled off arms looks bigger than Gersemi's thinner arms... The angle and positioning of her legs is also different too.. Even experimenting they woudnt have changed her core skeletal frame...

We dont know the full set of experiments.

And from the info that we got the Valkyr variant is totally different from the original when it comes to powers, too.

It probably wasnt too different than the Gersemi standard, instead of warcry it was meow, but there were a lot of changes from the standard.

1 minute ago, Mak_Gohae said:

The original, aka Gersemi, was experimented on and we got this Alad V variant called Valkyr. He probably named her Valkyr because it starts with V so he wanted to leave his V stamp.

this theory of yours becomes busted should Ballas name the "original" version Valkyr

6 minutes ago, Apoc001 said:

this theory of yours becomes busted should Ballas name the "original" version Valkyr

like i said before, given that they retcon Nova to prime her, this is likely to happen again with Valk.

We all have to wait to see what they do but as of now, the appearance of the prime matching the Alad V experiment version doesnt make sense.