Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do I calculate Multishot?

Rhundis

Question

8 answers to this question

For the general works-for-all-weapons case:

1. Take the number of bullets or pellets the weapon fires without mods.
  2. Multiply by [1 + multishot].
  3. Every whole number is a guaranteed bullet or pellet. The remaining fraction is a chance to fire another bullet or pellet.

Examples:

Dread + Split Chamber

1. Base number of arrows is 1.
  2. Split Chamber has +90% multishot, so you multiply by [1 + 0.9] = 1.9.
  3. This results in [1 x 1.9] = 1.9.
    • You will fire 1 guaranteed arrow and have a 90% chance to fire a second arrow.
    • Alternatively, you have a 90% chance to fire 2 arrows and a 10% chance to fire 1 arrow.

Akbronco Prime + Barrel Diffusion + Lethal Torrent

1. Base number of pellets is 7.
  2. Barrel Diffusion has +120% multishot. Lethal Torrent has +60% multishot. You multiply by [1 + 1.2 + 0.6] = 2.8.
  3. This results in [7 x 2.8] = 19.6.
    • You will fire 19 guaranteed pellets and have a 60% chance to fire a twentieth pellet.
    • Alternatively, you have a 60% chance to fire 20 pellets and a 40% chance to fire 19 pellets.

12 minutes ago, Rhundis said:

I'll keep it simple, with the recent changes to Riven Mods my Daikyu now has a 197.4% multishot modifier. How can I tell the percentages to fire additional shots? Thanks.

With every weapon besides shotguns and melee (which can't multishot anyways,) every 100% multishot is a guaranteed extra round fired. This means your Daikyu, with every shot released, is guaranteed to fire two arrows and has a 97.4% chance to fire three. Now, I'm unaware if that massive mutishot modifier is strictly your Riven mod, or the result of stacking it with Split Chamber, so... yeah.