Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm happy with the current changes to Riven disposition

Antiphoton

Just a little piece of personal feedback for DE: I like the last change you implemented to Riven mods. Good job!

I now have a Daikyu that can kill a lvl 130 Corrupted Heavy Gunner as fast (or even faster) than my Dread or my Rakta Cernos. One of the random stats I got is status duration. I decided to keep it and try it, and while it isn't the central part of my build, I liked it.

My Stradavar may no be as strong as my Soma Prime with acolyte mods, but it has enough power to take it into a sortie 3. And I like it more than the Soma anyway.

I don't get why people complain about the nerfs to the Riven mods of the strongest weapons. They are still as op as they always were, but now we can also have other options. More variety is always good.

Can't wait to get Riven mods for stuff like Ballistica and Destreza!

Edited by Antiphoton

22 minutes ago, Antiphoton said:

I don't get why people complain about the nerfs to the Riven mods of the strongest weapons.

Wait, they nerfed Riven mods on already-very-strong weapons?

I obtained this info from you, today. 20 minutes after your post.

Today is gonna be a good day. Thank you. You too, DE.

2 hours ago, LunarEdge7 said:

Wait, they nerfed Riven mods on already-very-strong weapons?

I obtained this info from you, today. 20 minutes after your post.

Today is gonna be a good day. Thank you. You too, DE.

Yeah, it was a good change. You can find a detailed description in the last dev workshops, and they implemented it in the last hotfix. Each weapon has a Riven disposition now. The strongest weapons got their Riven effects nerfed by approximately 20%, and the weaker ones got buffed by a similar amount.

So the people happy with the system are the ones that won the lottery and actually got something useful already?

Go figure. 

Meanwhile 90% of active players probably got endo and lenses from the sortie every day since TWW came out. 

Most riven complaints are about RNG and acquisition. Very few people are complaining about meta weapon nerfs. The only ones who are probably bought a mod for a lot of plat, which is a reasonable complaint and basically bait and switch on DEs part. 

ah got another endo reward myself today, according to the last hotfix tomorrow in THEORY i should get something else. We shall see.

I'd like to see Riven mods as nightmare mission rewards/random alerts or even into invasions, at least for a month since the system is new to get the flow going, more people able to access more riven mods for different weapons will likely experiment more combinations and come out with a more solid feedback..Faster too.

Imo

Edited by arm4geddon-117

25 minutes ago, Borg1611 said:

So the people happy with the system are the ones that won the lottery and actually got something useful already?

Go figure. 

I got a Grinlok mod from the quest, a weapon I don't like. I managed to sell it for enough plat to purchase one for the Stradavar and one for the Daikyu. I had to recycle both of them several times. I couldn't start building any of the new weapons yet because all my Kuva went into recycling. 

I've been doing the sorties every single day since several months ago. Since TWW deployed, I have been only getting 2000 endo each time. They are addressing this soon.

I wouldn't consider that I won the lottery. I'm still happy with the current state of Riven mods.

Edited by Antiphoton

1 hour ago, Borg1611 said:

Go figure. 

Meanwhile, I haven't even touched this game in a week. Never done TWW. Just watched videos on Riven mods and info about them. Did not spoil myself with the lore in that quest though, of course.

53 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

The concept of Disposition is fine. The method is not.

Nerfing something because it's popular Vs. Nerfing the reason something is popular.

The results are similar but the approach is very different.

Thank you. And because of this we have weapons that aren't that good but still have bad disposition

Edited by Mr._Clean

2 hours ago, Snowbluff said:

Disposition is bad. Braton has neutral. Neutral.

That's because currently disposition doesn't affect single weapons, but rather weapon series. The Braton got its disposition because of the Braton Prime, which is decent. The same happens with things like the Boltors.

I don't know if they are addressing it, but consider that if they do, most likely we wouldn't be able to use Braton Rivens on Braton Prime . Braton Prime would need an exclusive Riven category.

30 minutes ago, Antiphoton said:

That's because currently disposition doesn't affect single weapons, but rather weapon series. The Braton got its disposition because of the Braton Prime, which is decent. The same happens with things like the Boltors.

I don't know if they are addressing it, but consider that if they do, most likely we wouldn't be able to use Braton Rivens on Braton Prime . Braton Prime would need an exclusive Riven category.

This is a lie. Karak wraith is very nearly the same weapon as Braton prime, and it has strong.

9 minutes ago, Snowbluff said:

This is a lie. Karak wraith is very nearly the same weapon as Braton prime, and it has strong.

I am not justifying the current Braton disposition, I'm merely describing part of the functionality of the system.

It may also be decided based on usage. I have no way to corroborate this, but I guess that the Braton Prime is used a lot more than the Karak Wraith. Giving strong dispositions to weapons that are decent but not used often encourages variety.

29 minutes ago, Antiphoton said:

I am not justifying the current Braton disposition, I'm merely describing part of the functionality of the system.

It may also be decided based on usage. I have no way to corroborate this, but I guess that the Braton Prime is used a lot more than the Karak Wraith. Giving strong dispositions to weapons that are decent but not used often encourages variety.

So weapons in the same tier, with very similar dmg and performance,should be given a higher disposition because they are less used, you are saying that is good?
Because the way I see that it just throws off balance between weapons, because weapons that perform similar won't do it anymore, one will outclass the other. As is the case between the braton and karak, the grakata or the synapse and I'm sure there's more.
Simply because a braton for example is easier to aquire then some other weapons that have more requirements as any dojo weapon, yet they perform similar but much more underused.

Another thing for top tier weapons is if will this mods worth the slot it costs?
Seeing that compared to rivens now with this change for top tier weapons serration gives more dmg, the same for the prime bane mods,or prime ammo, and for elemental dmg and critical chance\and dmg I don't know yet, but point strike gives 150 crit chance costing 9 capacity. It will be difficult to be worth to re-roll for this stat, there's better and cheaper alternatives,unless you get the jack-pot and get a 2 in one mod.
Because this mod will cost 18.More than any other mod in the game. If it is outperformed by other mod that cost less, is not worth and this change to dispositions is far from done or being good.

Maybe attach the capacity requirements to the disposition of the weapon also could be a solution, making strong cost 18 as is, 16 for neutral, and 14 for faint, putting this mods on the same level as some prime mods and normal mods in terms of cost and performance.

1 hour ago, Snowbluff said:

Wh....What? Karak Wraith has  -5% crit -5%status and it's mostly Impact damage.

I don't even have to mod that to know Braton Prime is much better.