Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Negative Status Duration And Procs (Riven Mod)

KruhlSentru

Question

I recently got a riven mod from the newest quest, and after re-rolling it I got, among other things, a -11% status duration penalty per rank.  The mod is pretty awesome, though - multishot, critical chance, and ammo clip size.  That said, I use a Torid with Blast damage to keep enemies pinned down in the gas cloud.  Going for all four damage elements means it's going with Corrosive, and both Blast and Corrosive are instant effects.  Basically, knockdown + permanent armor reduction.  That said, would having this riven mod ranked up to max, and therefore having it give over 100% status duration penalty, end up negating instant procs like that?  I'm assuming anything with a duration, like the viral proc, would have no effect, but I might still get to use my current setup for some nasty damage and crowd control.

Anyways, I couldn't find anything on the wiki or the forums about what happens to status effects that are instant like this when your status duration goes to zero, and was just trying to figure out what might happen.

9 answers to this question

it should only affect Status Effects which have a Duration, which Blast and Corrosive do not should not.

i can't remember off the top of my head if Torid applies Toxin Status outside of your Damage Types? nah, i don't think it does that.
so that should be an irrelevant (boo) penalty so long as you're using non Duration Status Effects like Corrosive and Blast.

however, the easiest way to be sure, would be to spend the few thousand Fusion Energy it takes to Level it, Equip it with Corrosive and Blast, and see what happens.
for testing purposes obviously you can take off any Mods that aren't Multi-shot, the Riven, and the Status Mods to make those Damage Types. so that you can test it without having to Polarize into the sunset just yet.

43 minutes ago, KruhlSentru said:

Anyways, I couldn't find anything on the wiki or the forums about what happens to status effects that are instant like this when your status duration goes to zero, and was just trying to figure out what might happen.

I use Torid with Saryn, your riven mod would make me cry.  Your build though is fine, blast is instant, corrosive is perm.  It would only fizzle out with gas/toxin/heat/cold as those have a defined duration.

Not sure if duration affects blast's effect of how long they stay down though, I think thats based on values on the enemy though so you should still be safe regardless.

For a follow-up, I tried checking to see what the stats would be if I had it all the way to rank 10 but didn't actually purchase the upgrade since that would be waaaaay too expensive lol.  There is apparently some sort of built-in diminishing returns, because at rank 10, the status duration penalty is something like 99.87%.  So... it's not zero at least!  XD

The torid's toxic damage, by the way, combines with elements as normal.  I have it forma'd 5 times, and currently it does about 10k damage, with the elements being about 4.5k of one and 5.5k of the other, but no toxic damage.  I can't remember which was blast and which was corrosive off the top of my head, but close enough either way.  Over 66% status chance already, though, and I can't even use my Riven mod for a while since I'm only master rank 11, and it will require a mastery rank of 14.  XD

41 minutes ago, KruhlSentru said:

I tried checking to see what the stats would be if I had it all the way to rank 10 but didn't actually purchase the upgrade since that would be waaaaay too expensive lol.  There is apparently some sort of built-in diminishing returns, because at rank 10

Try counting it on your fingers.

1 hour ago, KruhlSentru said:

For a follow-up, I tried checking to see what the stats would be if I had it all the way to rank 10 but didn't actually purchase the upgrade since that would be waaaaay too expensive lol.  There is apparently some sort of built-in diminishing returns, because at rank 10, the status duration penalty is something like 99.87%.  So... it's not zero at least!  XD

Riven mods only go up to Rank 8, and 11% x 9 = 99%.

Got myself a -114,9% status duration riven and did a little testing.

Spoiler

Damage types and their status effects with negative duration:

Impact: staggers normally

Slash: effect nullified

Puncture: effect nullified

Cold: effect nullified

Electricity: chain attacks and stuns normally but no visible electricity

Heat: normal panic animation but no visible flame

Toxin: effect nullified

Blast: knockdowns normally but no visible explosion

Corrosive: decreases armor normally

Gas: effect nullified