Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rage! Tier Iii Is A Pain! I Hear Tales Of Soloing It... How?

Arlayn

Question

I am sick of my maxed out Vauban with maxed out Braton Vandal, with maxed out Despair, with MAXED out Glaive with all kinds of crazy cards, my friggin Dethcube, and evbery team I ever get together FAILING TIER III EXTERMINATE!!!! What is the trick to do things at all, or even solo?

4ev4wo8q.jpg

Take your time, as much as possible stick together. I also tried soloing t3 void w/ potatoed Saryn + maxed out weapons and maxed out Mods, I got annihilated in seconds. So I won't try soloing it again. I went in w/ random people and we managed to beat it in less than 10mins though. Our team was Saryn, Ash, Ember and Nyx. Again, stick together and leave no one behind.

i run like a rambo and kill everything on sight.

all i need is shield mod and acrid with 5 formas. you better get proper weapon first...

4ev4wo8q.jpg

i run like a rambo and kill everything on sight.

all i need is shield mod and acrid with 5 formas. you better get proper weapon first...

ahahah love Friends tv series XD

Btw i potato'ed Hek is enough, no need mad clan weapons formaed 5 times... mastery rank 4 will be enough

I did a tier 3 exterminate yesterday, I did it solo with my Rhino rank 30 Gorgon rank 30 despair 30 dual heat 30 full ammo boxes 1 large heal. First off if you do it solo you have to assume you may die and have to use your revives. I also had Master Thief and thief wit armed as well. I ended up using all my boxes because they take more to kill, make sure to take your time and don't be afraid to run away and recoup yourself, open every locker to replenish your ammo it can be done but you have to take your time and the artifact enemy radar will help as well.

Take your time. That's literally all there is to it.

agreed. 

Stick near each other. As in stay in the same room when facing enemies. Aim carefully. Use the environment to your advantage. Use warframe and weapon abilities to your advantage. (knock-down effects, stuns, crowd control, damage buffs, w/e you have available)

Above all, take your time with the mission. There is no countdown timer.

When I solo T3 exterminate I use a Rhino (tank), Hek (at point blank good for heavies), lex (snipes of the shield drones at a distance), and a gram (dont know if it is a good choice, but i dont care), all lvl 30 with potato. I fire from cover and never let them mob me. If you have heavies in a cluster try to get them to spread out a little. Isolate one away from the drones and other heavies by running near them, then retreat to a better place to kill them. Corrupted healers are the easiest to lure and once they are dead killing the rest gets way simpler. Beware of knock down/back.Try to kill Light mobs with melee to conserve ammo.

Imo Vauban's powers are amazing in most situations, however T3 is more about surviving and Vauban's armor and shields are just not up to the task. Loki's as well.

Edited by PaladinPrime

If you want to solo it, i recommend Loki.

poop hits the fan? go invisible

poop still hitting the fan? radial disarm.

But then of course you need to rely on your weapons to do all the damage. A lot of good weapons have been suggested in this thread already. (I mostly use a latron)

First targets to kill are those flying shield birds, ancient healers and gorgon spammers. Always aim for their weak spots, other wise you will just waste time (and thus survivability) and ammo.

To many enemies? go back to your previous room, and pick em off one by one, using the sliding door as cover.

Need to reload?, get behind cover.

Always use cover.

Someone shooting at you? Take cover.

Try to find cover.

Oh and use the environment as cover.

Edited by Tenn00b

I'll second the loki recommendation, it's what I use. Braton vandal works fine too, just make sure your damage and elemental damage mods are maxxed. A secondary with armor ignore or AP damage would be nice: akbolto, kunai, or despair. Haven't tried my new toy on T3 yet, but I'm thinking the snipetron vandal would do very well.

*edit* Might need a forma to fit maxxed damage + elemental mods in the braton. Even without a forma you could still get very close though.

Edited by Fretless

It's not about good gear. I play tier 3 all the time using low lvl weapons, just to lvl them up.

- Know how to cover yourself. Once you enter a new room, your eyes should automatically look for covering spots. 

- Check the enemies around you and assess the situation. Always be aware of your surroudings.
- Staying behind a tanky player is a good spot, if you are getting shot and can't go anywhere else. ;)
- Stay alive. When your shield depletes, get outta there, and take a different approach. You won't do damage if you're dead.
- Go to higher grounds for tatical advantage, if you need to.
- Block or Dodge ancients attacks.
- Shade is an awesome Sentinel for survivability.
- Go to wiki, and check the Enemy Vulnerabilities page. Know where to aim on each kind of enemy with the mods you're using.
- Don't miss shots. Don't hold down the trigger while using automatic rifles.
- Once again... aim for the weak spots. I can't stress that enough.
- Bring Ammo. 

Hmmm not trying to troll you but I would think that a maxed out Vauban with maxed out weapons you would do just fine, solo. I've run several threes with a friend of mine, he has an unpotatoed frost with unforma'd weapons, strun, kunai, and you know I have no idea what he uses for melee I don't ever see him use it, they're all 30 I think at least and I ran with my Saryn who at the time was in the mid teens with a mk1 Barton/strun, starter pistol and fragor all mid teens and we did just fine, he did most of the killing and I would usually empty an entire clip or two from my primary/secondary on crewmen or shield drones to get kills. Really wasn't a problem accept when he goes down which happens rarely but I just pop molt and revive him.

Edit: now my saryn is 30 with a strun, kunai and fragor/gram and we have no problems at all, if anything the laser traps give us more trouble if they take out our shields and we're surrounded.

Edited by Ochinosoubi

O.O should be easy. I'll try it later.

You shouldn't be doing it solo though, especially if your clanmates still need stuff from t3.

If nothing works you probably need to go 5-5-3-3. (Penta Polarity Dethrifle, Penta Polarity Lime or Boltor or Ogris, a Tri Polarity Acrid or Despair, and a Tri Polarity Orthos or melee weapon of your choice)

Make sure you have at least 1 max serration (for you if you have a second, gve it to your cube) and 1 max hornet strike and that your other mods are maxed too.