Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rage! Tier Iii Is A Pain! I Hear Tales Of Soloing It... How?

Arlayn

Question

I am sick of my maxed out Vauban with maxed out Braton Vandal, with maxed out Despair, with MAXED out Glaive with all kinds of crazy cards, my friggin Dethcube, and evbery team I ever get together FAILING TIER III EXTERMINATE!!!! What is the trick to do things at all, or even solo?

Obviously, you have presumed that this is like any other mission and just went blindly right into the enemies without any regard for your own safety. In tier 3 you need to stick together. You can even go all the way to admit this is a rage thread. Who can you blame? Blame us? The Warframe community? Who is the one that died in the first place?

Ammo box doesnt  help much when the Corrupted healers get together with hordes of shield bots flooding in... thats just a pain not to mention every time I team up with someone they all die and leave right away... No one ever bothers keeping people on contact list to invite mid mission if someone leaves... it is the most sickening thing to deal with... I bother with it just to get the LP receiver but even that just seems like the ultimate pain... I waste revives, resoureces on ammo boxes... I just need to know what is the ideal gear, mods, everything to beat it with...

Obviously, you have presumed that this is like any other mission and just went blindly right into the enemies without any regard for your own safety. In tier 3 you need to stick together. You can even go all the way to admit this is a rage thread. Who can you blame? Blame us? The Warframe community? Who is the one that died in the first place?

...I didn't notice he tried blaming anyone. I just noticed annoyance, and him asking for tips.

Ammo box doesnt  help much when the Corrupted healers get together with hordes of shield bots flooding in... thats just a pain not to mention every time I team up with someone they all die and leave right away... No one ever bothers keeping people on contact list to invite mid mission if someone leaves... it is the most sickening thing to deal with... I bother with it just to get the LP receiver but even that just seems like the ultimate pain... I waste revives, resoureces on ammo boxes... I just need to know what is the ideal gear, mods, everything to beat it with...

Join a decent clan. Just inviting anyone from chat who decided to come along isn't going to go well. Plus, AoE tends to kill ospreys very easily.

It's very easy once you get the swing of it, just dont do the obvious stand out in the open to be mowed down by enemy fire, should be very easy with maxed out weapons.

I was also rotating my guildies at one point after buying some keys, I'd somtimes have to solo it with 3 others just chatting away. I think you'll do well, i still have some keys left, if you like i can some you on some.

Edited by TxVirus

Take your time. That's literally all there is to it.

No ammo and throwing a Glaive over and over again till I got it down to the 30s after nearly 200 enemies from the start... I was taking my time alright... Not to mention I cannot hit a shield bot for the life of me... which is why I prefer dragging along others who can acctually shoot a shield bot. I end up spaying and praying all over the place and wasteing over a 100 rounds trying to shoot it.

I have done Tier 3 time and time and time again... ONLY ONCE did I ever beat it that was out of shear luck and after everyone pretty much nearly died...

Join a decent clan. Just inviting anyone from chat who decided to come along isn't going to go well. Plus, AoE tends to kill ospreys very easily.

*chucks the idea of raging about giant clans versus small clans* Nope not touching that with a 80ft pole...

No ammo and throwing a Glaive over and over again till I got it down to the 30s after nearly 200 enemies from the start... I was taking my time alright... Not to mention I cannot hit a shield bot for the life of me... which is why I prefer dragging along others who can acctually shoot a shield bot. I end up spaying and praying all over the place and wasteing over a 100 rounds trying to shoot it.

I have done Tier 3 time and time and time again... ONLY ONCE did I ever beat it that was out of shear luck and after everyone pretty much nearly died...

Shield bots don't like ultimates, try a Saryn.

*chucks the idea of raging about giant clans versus small clans* Nope not touching that with a 80ft pole...

It doesn't have to be a giant clan; Any clan with some guys willing to help you out will always be better than people in global chat hoping to mooch off someone else's keys

...I didn't notice he tried blaming anyone. I just noticed annoyance, and him asking for tips.

...... Fine. You have a point there. In Tier 3, due to resistance scaling, your Braton Vandal will not be doing much damage to the Enemies due to their extremely high levels. In such situations, weapons with armor-ignoring properties such as Boltor and Kunai will make life much easier for you in T3 as you will not be using as much ammo to kill a single Corruped Heavy.

For teammates, get a Nyx to use Chaos. It works miracles on seemingly doomed situations. Frost is also a good teammate, with Snow Globe to take cover when ambushed by a bunch of lvl90+ Corrupted Heavies.

you must employ tactics, a mildy geared frame can do it easily with some tactics...

shield bots and healers? manoeuvre to split them up, or target them first, focus the teams firepower on the biggest threats,

don't engage somewhere with additional risk (trap areas, no cover, enemies in elevated positions)..

Choose your weapons and mods appropriately. Tier 3 has all factions so i suggest a primary equipped to deal with corpus (electricity, high fire rate, large ammo, max damage) this also works for heavy grinner, a secondary for the grineer minions and melee mobs (high damage per round, accurate for headshots/crits). Melee weapons for knocking over ancient to kill when down (big ones work well).

I also find support frames offer more use in T3 than damage ones, as the skill damage doesnt scale well to their level.

I joined with my halfway ranked up Nyx not realizing it was a T3.

Had my two teammates run out of revives less than halfway through used two revives finishing it solo using mind control and shade.
I also soloed a T3 once with Ash and Dethcube, will NEVER try that again. I won't lie its not easy but definitely doable.

I suggest a well organized strong team, not just strong individually but working well together.

All else fails use hit and run guerrilla tactics, aim for the head and back track for health orbs you didn't pick up before.

Edited by Keiiken

As i previously stated i still have some T3's left, if you are struggling i can give you a hand, or you can hop in mine if you struggling to find games, feel free to add me.

Soloing T3's with all frames and levels, purely for fun. <3