The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Better starter frame options

Arniox

Personally, I think Mag, Volt, and Excalibur are relatively bad choices for starter frames. Maybe Excalibur is not that bad. But better options as start frames should be Loki, Excalibur, and Rhino. That way you have the definitive choice of a stealth character, a damage dealing character and a tank character. At the moment, though, Rhino is a rank 2 exclusive frame, so maybe a different tank frame would be a better option. 

What are your guy's opinions on new starter frames or different starter frames that what would you like to see as starter frames?

Side note: Loki was previously already a starter frame. I chose him as my first. But it would be nice to see him come back.

1 minute ago, SurrealEdge said:

Loki was removed simply due to how hard it was to survive without the right mods to sustain him. So he was replaced with Volt who was also a starter frame early on, if I recall.

Having Rhino as a starter defeats having his parts drop on Venus.

on top of that, but you'd also be practically cheesing the first few planets until you get the next frame with how much of a tank he could be early on.  He's meant to serve as the next upgrade for the next set of planets.

to the OP, the frames right now are perfect.  You've got easy (excalibur), medium (volt), and difficult (mag) options for the player to choose from.  The only thing I would change is adding in those difficulty listings more transparently.  Let's be honest, a new player isn't going to instantly "get" all of mag's synergies and playstyle as quickly as they would excalibur.

5 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

Rhino as a starter frame would just create a community of new players who don't want any other frame lol

I dont think so. Because I have seen many rhinos falling on sortie missions. 

He is good at starting game, very good. He is very good at end game too but you need to master his playstyle if you want to go far with him. Same as any other frame.

Edited by ArionLightning

Mag is a nice introduction to support/caster frames.  Volts an introduction to defensive/mobile frames. Excal is introduction to offensive frames.   I don't see the need to replace them with anyone, Rhino might sound neat but i think new players just starting out might be annoyed by the movment speed or never touch any other frame. Those 3 frames are quite flexable on lower levels and don't force you into being able to only do 1 thing, like for example Trinity or Frost where a beginner can't mod them out like we can and will be stuck being support or defence only. 

9 minutes ago, ArionLightning said:

Personally I would add another female starting frame. So there are 2 females and 2 males.

Nyx would probably be nice since she's not so hard to mod and can provide a lot of CC.

I was going to suggest Ember, but we still have a lot of complaints about her 4, especially in lower level missions.

Just now, ArionLightning said:

I dont think so. Because I have seen many rhinos falling on sortie missions. 

He is good at starting game, very good. He is very good at end game too but you need to master his playstyle if you want to go far with him. Same as any other frame.

Sorties are not for new players.

6 minutes ago, Beggining said:

Nyx would probably be nice since she's not so hard to mod and can provide a lot of CC.

I was going to suggest Ember, but we still have a lot of complaints about her 4, especially in lower level missions.

I agree, Nyx would be an awesome 4th starter, even though i'd be worried that new players would mistake her for a female Excalibur (thinking its the same Skills).

2 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

Due to Sorties being locked behind TWW, newbies can't access them anymore.

41622-Grumpy-cat-good-Rl59.jpeg 

They never should have been there in the first place.

I like the sound of Oberon being a starter, I do recall healing being a difficult area when I started out.

3 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

I wouldn't mind Oberon as a starter.

I wouldn't mind him being a starter....

but that would basically remove any purpose of having his parts drop randomly from every single mob

I mean, you could still build him if you didn't pick him as a starter... but.. it feels weird to pick up your starter randomly and end up with 60 sets of your starter eventually.

It'll make the person who picked Oberon as a starter feel as though he picked up unwanted garbage?

Edited by Noobverest

3 minutes ago, Noobverest said:

but that would basically remove any purpose of having his parts drop randomly from every single mob

I mean, you could still build him if you didn't pick him as a starter... but.. it feels weird to pick up your starter randomly and end up with 60 sets of your starter eventually.

If oberon were a starter, I think he would be removed from eximus drop and added to Tenno's research lab in dojo

Edited by ArionLightning

2 minutes ago, Noobverest said:

It'll make the person who picked Oberon as a starter feel as though he picked up unwanted garbage?

How dare you!  Just kidding, he's one of the 4 frames in desperate need of a rework.  But it would be nice for new players to play the unpopular frames so de would stop ignoring them or new/fresh players ignoring them because they don't want to use anything except rhino/excal/valkyr/nova

7 minutes ago, Noobverest said:

And how do you think people feel when they pick up Mag and Excal parts? Or, Hek, Nyx.

I don't see why a drop location should have any bearing, they end up getting moved around anyway.  

4 minutes ago, ArionLightning said:

If oberon is a starter, I think he would be removed from eximus drop and added to Tenno's research lab in dojo

Only one of the starters are in Tenno Lab, why move Oberon there?

Edited by Noamuth