Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heavy Caliber + Dera Accuracy Bug?

Almagnus1

Question

So I'm in the process of playing with and testing the Dera (because I got lucky and have a Riven mod that's +142.1% Heat, +262.8% Damage, -78.3% Slash), and I've noticed something rather odd with my R5 Heavy Caliber - specifically it's causing a bigger accuracy penalty than I am expecting.

Specifically, on the Dera, the accuracy is going from 100 to 12.5.  As the penalty on Heavy Caliber is -30%, I would expect the accuracy to be at 70, not 12.5.  I am also seeing the same thing with the Dera Vandal.

Can anyone provide insight with what's going on?

7 answers to this question

It's not a bug per se, but it still is bullS#&$ and should be fixed. This is happening since they changed how heavy caliber works, and it makes 0 sense that it is still that way even though anyone actually giving a damn should see that it's bull. I guess we now have Riven mods to give us that damage boost without making the projectiles spazz out, but... eh.

Edited by ShikiRen

I was just going to post about this but yeah, putting Heavy Caliber on a weapon with 100% accuracy takes the accuracy down to the - % rather than reducing it by that %.

Mine is at R6 so -35% accuracy which to me says it'll reduce the accuracy to 65%, but instead it reduces it to approx 35%.

It needs fixing one way or another, fix the stat's after equipping it or fix the wording to be 'accurate' ;)

On 25-11-2016 at 0:15 AM, -BM-Leonhart said:

I noticed that Heavy Caliber seems to increase the spread in non linear way on non-hitscan projectile weapons. Wait until you see it on something like Ogris!

Let OP try a maxed heavy caliber on javlok.

Ok back on topic: Heavy Cal works differently on accuracy than youd expect. Its working as intended.