Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven Mod unlock - 5 headshots in a single aim glide with rifle

Zorndar

I just want to have some feedback on how the mechanics for this exactly work because I start to think there is more to it.

5 headshots in one aim slide should be doable, I thought. Used Zephyr and a Soma Prime with increased firerate and larger magazine, not reallly needed but whatever.

However something just doesn't seem right here, in one mission I also got the affinity  quest to get 10 headshots. While doing the aimglide and emptying around 30-40 bullets into someones head it registered 6 for the affinity  quest, but only 3 for the Riven mod !?

Is there something I'm missing, like does it have to be subsequent hits or kill shots? Because trying for at least 20 missions all kind of different approaches, high level enemies, low level enemies, crazy high fire rate, low damage on the weapon, maximum damage on it,...  I start to question if this is bugged or not or the description is wrong. 

If I put 30 bullets into someones head less than a meter away while aim gliding and the Riven mod either doesn't count any headshots (argon scope does though) at all or only shows a maximum of 3 there must be something wrong. 

If its true and it is headshot kills + subsequent hits, the description is completely missleading, nevermind the fact that its close to impossible to fullfill in a single aimglide with a RIFLE.

This is realy annoying and stopped me pretty much from enjoying the game, I tried it now for 5 days, get no results what so ever and just leave the game again after 3-5 missions utterly frustrated. Whats the point in getting more Riven mods if I can't even unlock my first one!

Edited by Zorndar

Here is my Super Cheese method for that one.   Vulkar Wraith, Zephyr, Zenurik and a low level corpus ice map exterminate with unlimited air space.   Run around and aggro a good sized group of them into a small area.   Pulling as many as you can into the same small area.   I mean melee range.   Will take some time but you can do it.   Once you get them grouped up, pop your Zenurik and they will suspend.   Move a bit away, go vertical.   As you fall, pop pop pop pop pop.   Plenty of time if herded them close enough.   Make sure you herd more than you need and pack them as tight as possible. 

So it is headshot kills but not subsequent hits? Because judging from the riven mods description I should have completed it alrady long ago. It doesn't mention headshot kills at all. Why do you use the Vulkar Wraith, any other option because I don't own one?

That Riven challenge was actually changed. Before, your plan would work, empty out a 0 damage Soma into someone's head and you'll get that challenge unlocked. When the riven mods got changed, so did that mod to require headshot kills instead of just headshots. Apparently though, the wording didn't change to mention kills.

Took me a while to figure this one out, but it turns out it's pretty easy.

Sortie 3.

Equip Excalibur.

Equip any automatic primary.

Blind a group of enemies.

Bullet jump + unload clip onto any enemy while aiming at it's head while blinded.

You can get multiple headshots on one enemy in high levels, so yeah, rinse and repeat 'till you complete.

Thats exactly the point of my frustration. As they "patched" it without changing the wording I'm pretty much left guessing what exactly I have to do. Right now I believe its headshotkills too, would explain why my other appraoches didn't work. AND as everyone else seems to have finished this before the stupid patch (WHY was that even needed?) there are a lot of conflicting opinions how to solve it.

Edited by Zorndar

13 minutes ago, Xionyde134 said:

This was fixed in Hotfix 19.0.3

Ok, all you need to change is, blind a group of enemies and use a high fire rate primary / secondary with multishot and the same tactic will work.

High level enemies, preferably in Sortie 3 or something, will work just as well because you won't have to find a new group of enemies after one glide because you can still do multiple headshots without enemies dying.

19 minutes ago, Master-Nachash said:

Ok, all you need to change is, blind a group of enemies and use a high fire rate primary / secondary with multishot and the same tactic will work.

High level enemies, preferably in Sortie 3 or something, will work just as well because you won't have to find a new group of enemies after one glide because you can still do multiple headshots without enemies dying.

I don't think you understood me, enemies have to die from a headshot for the challenge

Edited by Xionyde134

5 headshots in a single aim glide with rifle

Guy you all forget that he has to do it while aim gliding.

I had this challange too but with 3 headshots and a dragon key (don't remember which tho).

I did it on Mercury with Zephyr + Patagium and I had a highly modded Soma so 1 shot one kill. It took like 10min to get 3 headshots while airborne. 

My suggestion is:

- any frame (but take Zephyr if can), any automatic wep (Soma, Braton)
 - Grineer survival with Grineer Galeon tileset (Draco, Ceres, for example)
 - look for a tube (there's always atleast one tube as a connector between rooms)
 - make Grineers run to you through that tube, stand near its edge
 - do a short jump + aim, shoot them in a row
 - challenge done, you're awesome

Why no one seems to think of quanta…  its the best at lining shots to the head and you dont need kills. I did it once for a friend when he needed help. Also if you bring a friend along, there will be more enemy spawns which helps alot. 

I had that challenge before except I had to deal with Four head shots.  But I was given a suggestions and hope this works for you as well.
A Loki radial disarm build, pop a decoy and let the enemies gather at the decoy.  Add in a drift mod or any that increases Aim glide duration, then spray and pray for five head shots.  Best to do in the easy void exterminate.
For me it worked very well, just to get the targets to move than stand still.