Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe needs beta-testers

KFears

Just now, Noamuth said:

So is saying that DE doesn't make drastic changes to the game.

Really ask yourself. Aside from adding a bunch of shiny new exterior crap, what has really changed in this game over the years. I've been here since U9 and the core gameplay is exactly the same as it was back then.

6 minutes ago, Mr.Lube said:

Really ask yourself. Aside from adding a bunch of shiny new exterior crap, what has really changed in this game over the years. I've been here since U9 and the core gameplay is exactly the same as it was back then.

"A bunch of shiny crap" you mean new mission types, destroying the Void, new lore and quests, fleshing out abilities, adding Sorties, Raids and Trials as well as multiple balances to weapons and Warframes?

This game has gone through a couple drastic changes. 

Don't try to change your tune from a blanket statement about the game to specifying core gameplay.  

But, this is off topic and has nothing to do with beta testing nor bug reporting.

Edited by Noamuth

I believe you're confusing the term beta-tester with video game tester, paid workers who spend the majority of their work days doing the same thing over and over with slightly different scenarios trying to break the game, testing features to determine if they follow the design plans, or writing up reports.

Video game testers also normally don't enjoy playing video games they've tested, so I doubt you'd find Warframe testers in the community.

Just now, Noamuth said:

"A bunch of shiny crap" you mean new mission types, destroying the Void, new lore and quests, fleshing out abilities, adding Sorties, Raids and Trials as well as multiple balances to weapons and Warframes?

This game has gone through a couple drastic changes. 

Don't try to change your tune from a blanket statement about the game to specifying core gameplay.  

But, this is off topic and has nothing to do with beta testing nor bug reporting.

What does a regular Warframe player do every time they play? They log in, start up a mission, and go kill things for loot. That is it. It has been the same damn thing for 10+ updates straight.

New mission types? Same gameplay.

Destroying the Void? More tedious grinding for shiny loot.

Quests last a couple hours.

Fleshing out abilities? You mean spamming them to the point where enemies can't even fight back?

Sorties? Same crap, bigger numbers.

Trials? Same crap, bigger numbers, crappy puzzles to simulate challenge.

Enemies still scale the same way they did 3 years ago. Gameplay has become nothing but a game of "who gets hit first wins". It's tedious, boring, and frustrating at the same time. 3+ years of game development and this game has gone nowhere.

Beta testing server could be a bit excessive. But how about a chat tab for reporting bugs?

I know about support, but wouldn't it be a lot faster to just type in an in-game chat?

One would think for the developers it would be more useful to get access to a game in a bugged out state right away as well.

It's really upsetting to see the same things happening for months, forum threads going on and on, and no response from the devs about if they are going to do something about that.

Like infested power carriers that rival corpus techs in damage and fire rate.

1 - They have internal testers. Have no idea how many they have... But they do have them. Granted, perhaps they should hire more... But mostly, they should provide them builds more in advance. I get the feeling the DE devs finish builds pretty late, which leaves litte time for internal testing, which in turns means more bugs get unnoticed due to hasty testing protocols ... At least that's the impression i'm getting from the War Within situation, plus the amount of time it usually take for big bugs to be found , discussed and fixed.

Testers need to spend time with the builds to find the bugs, basically. Granted, there's more man hours played in a single hour of live release than in months of internal beta testing, due to the huge amount of players interracting and trying all variants of the game, so there's inherent limitations to what an internal team can find in the time they get.

2 - For better of worse, the PC release is their "beta testing"... Which means it's our job, in a sense, to report the bugs we found. The devs usually try to fix showstoppers and very big bugs pretty fast, so It's rarely totally broken on launch day, but I'll admit it's always stressful.

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra

6 hours ago, KFears said:

I don't even remember when was the last time when developers spoke that their game is in beta. Yeah, technically it is, but there's lots of updates gone from the time when OBT started. 

I don't either. IMO it shouldn't even be in beta anymore, but my point still stands that it's somewhat our job to report bugs and stuff; not even sure if that statement relates to OP's post, so I'm just gonna stop talking before I splatter more idiocy over the wall :P