Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We should have a way to increase the Riven Mods limit, at least slightly

-N7-Leonhart

There are still a lot of old but nice rifles that I want to make viable and play with again, but it's impossible since I have reached the Riven Mods limit :sad: 

I am sure I am not the only person in this situation and soon there will be a lot more ppl in the same boat with me. 

I get why the limit is there in the first place and it's good, but can we get a way to increase that limit at least a little bit? Like a MR scaling or something.

44 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

can we get a way to increase that limit at least a little bit?

It will be a while I think before they lift the limit.  Fact is you only hit the limit because you bought them off others.  It is perfectly reasonable for people who aren't farming rivens in tradechat.

Once they get rivens to a place they are more comfortable with they will probably increase it quite a bit.  Until then resell yours or toss em, those are your options.

The limitation literally makes no sense. The statement was that the limit and the scaling of cycle costs both existed to incline people to use what they got, even if it wasn't perfect.

If you have a limited number of owned mods then you are disinclined to keep anything you don't immediately and currently want to use. It disincentivises experimenting with older weapons. You already have the problems of weapons not being Catalysed and/or Forma'd to fit the expensive Riven mods you may get. You don't want to keep them if they also stop you potentially getting something you do already use or already know you want to use.

If I have a Dread I love to use, why would I keep a Mutalist Cernos riven mod as I approach my limit when I already know what bow I like enough to want to make it even better than I already have with traditional mods?

Removing the limit means that you can freely keep any old Riven mods - even those sentinel rifle ones - and maybe one day, you find yourself with some spare Kuva, throw it at cycling one, and suddenly perhaps you've got some pretty nice stats you can use when using your loadout randomiser button for fun.

1 hour ago, ShiraHagane said:

there shouldn't be a limit in the first place

1 hour ago, sushidubya said:

Yeah man...  My feels when dissolving perfect roll soma mods to make space for other interesting mods I see...  Sigh...

15 minutes ago, EDYinnit said:

-snip-

Now that I think about it, it actually makes no sense to be forced to get rid of mods that I actually want to keep. Since there are already limits to how much we can farm and improve those mods (a lot of RNG and a lot of Kuva grind), there should not be any more barriers to what Rivens we can have.

2 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Now that I think about it, it actually makes no sense to be forced to get rid of mods that I actually want to keep. Since there are already limits to how much we can farm and improve those mods (a lot of RNG and a lot of Kuva grind), there should not be any more barriers to what Rivens we can have.

Going back to the stated reasoning, to get people to use weapons they otherwise wouldn't, you know what would actually do that?

No limits...

But untradeable.

If you have no way to buy the specific ones you need, no problems holding onto the ones you got, and no way to get rid of what you don't think you want the very most Right Now.. well, then you might just consider using something just because it's there.

1 minute ago, EDYinnit said:

Going back to the stated reasoning, to get people to use weapons they otherwise wouldn't, you know what would actually do that?

No limits...

But untradeable.

If you have no way to buy the specific ones you need, no problems holding onto the ones you got, and no way to get rid of what you don't think you want the very most Right Now.. well, then you might just consider using something just because it's there.

"Untradeable" is the least likely of them to happen, and you should figure out instantly why. Hint: it's half of the reason why new mods with OP stats exist in the first place....

1 minute ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

"Untradeable" is the least likely of them to happen, and you should figure out instantly why. Hint: it's half of the reason why new mods with OP stats exist in the first place....

I don't follow. It's unlikely now, because some salty Susans will inevitably moan about some imagined transgression that not being able to just buy their perfect OP mods any more inflicts on them, but if it was like that in the first place, it would have made perfect sense, for the reasons I stated.

Besides, these are supposed to be personal, special mods that you 'prove yourself' just to see what they do.. what sense does that make that someone else can do that work and just hand over the prestigious reward to arbitrary Tenno <xyz>?

2 minutes ago, EDYinnit said:

I don't follow. It's unlikely now, because some salty Susans will inevitably moan about some imagined transgression that not being able to just buy their perfect OP mods any more inflicts on them, but if it was like that in the first place, it would have made perfect sense, for the reasons I stated.

Besides, these are supposed to be personal, special mods that you 'prove yourself' just to see what they do.. what sense does that make that someone else can do that work and just hand over the prestigious reward to arbitrary Tenno <xyz>?

If I wasn't clear enough for you, the huge amounts of platinum spent is really great from the business point of view.

Edited by -BM-Leonhart

14 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

If I wasn't clear enough for you, the huge amounts of platinum spent is really great from the business point of view.

There is that, but you'd also imagine that the inordinate amounts that can be priced for meta-weapon Rivens with good stats would leave them disinclined to implement Riven Disposition and devalue some, but we got that anyway.

Besides, we've got Valkyr Prime around now with 0.1% drop rates on new Axi relics to get them actual cash income, instead of Rivens which could at least in theory involve self-contained platinum circulation from selling unwanteds and buying desired rather than buying fresh platinum for just buying Rivens which puts more cash into company coffers.

I'm so sick of Xini right now, I swear to god