Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Only played Excal before his EB nerf, looking to return to him, should I?

spatakiller123

Question

Ah,good old Excal ,he gives me so much nostalgia being my very first warframe. In my early days of warframe,I sold him to make space for other frames as i got kinda bored of his kit. I have considered returning to playing him but when I did some checking on changes to him the only things I found were nerfs,salt and people claiming using regular melee is better than EB now.

So, anyone tried Excal after the nerf? If so, is he still worth using?

9 answers to this question

To be honest the excal nerf didnt do much, it added a spin flash cost and that's about it, the gameplay of EB excal stayed mostly the same. So i would say that excal is still worth using. The reason that people are salty is because they cant use some mods (mainly blood rush/body count combo or syndicate weapon mods) on EB and those are the mods that make melee OP.

22 minutes ago, spatakiller123 said:

So, anyone tried Excal after the nerf? 

What a daft question. o.O

In regards to your second question Excal is a good frame, his Exalted Blade does very nice damage, protects Excal and is cheap to use. Blind is still very powerful, Slash Dash is useful occasionally for Mobility. 

And that's it. Excal is a fine frame with well balanced abilities.

I'm not missing an ability am I? No... That would be silly of me

If I was though, it would have to be an utterly tragic waste of an ability slot at mid - high level, so tragic I forget about it at the drop of a hat

Oh wait, Javelin! 

13 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

What a daft question. o.O

In regards to your second question Excal is a good frame, his Exalted Blade does very nice damage, protects Excal and is cheap to use. Blind is still very powerful, Slash Dash is useful occasionally for Mobility. 

And that's it. Excal is a fine frame with well balanced abilities.

Reveal hidden contents

I'm not missing an ability am I? No... That would be silly of me

Reveal hidden contents

If I was though, it would have to be an utterly tragic waste of an ability slot at mid - high level, so tragic I forget about it at the drop of a hat

Reveal hidden contents

Oh wait, Javelin! 

Blind + A weapon with Gas deals immeasurable damage.

It's important to note that the relationship between Gas and Bleed procs are a bug and Gas in particular is nowhere near as effective without this bug.

Current EB is pretty good however that's because Drifting Contact works with Exalted Blade and this is also being called a bug.

Without both of these bugs, Excal is indeed better off using a normal melee weapon past starmap levels.

His nerf was actually quite severe reducing his overall damage output to roughly 50% of it's original. I don't really know about anyone else but I'd call halving something's damage output a fairly big nerf. This is not simply because of the fall-off over distance but the fall-off per enemy hit. It's quite common to see a 10k wave at the end of a crown when before you'd have 90k going through the whole mass.

Either way as long as Drifting Contact continues to work with EB it's worth using.