Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should we have our own Kuva Extractor / siphon ?

clemza

Hello   ~

We have our own Extractors ( http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Extractor ), to extract differents ressources on any planets we wants.

The Grinners made their own siphon / extractor to gather Kuva.

I may have an idea to makes the extractors interesting again for the players who are not using them anymore.

Could we have a kuva siphon segment BP to allow us to upgrade our extractors so they can gather kuva as well ?

Once we have that segment done, we are allowed to upgrade our already existing extractors (or making new ones), into a new type, which would have a chance to gather "Kuva" only if the planet they are place on are near the Kuva fortress, or on the fortress.

With that system, It would not be 100% chance to get Kuva but i would have a chance to replace the "rare ressource" from the planet into some Kuva (ex: 100 ~ 200)

What do you think about it ? Do you have another idea or system maybe ?

Edited by clemza

44 minutes ago, Genitive said:

I'd prefer the current system improved rather than pressing a button and forgetting. We don't need another new feature put into trash.

So you means that extractors are a trash feature ?

36 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Why didn't you asked for Nitian Extractors too when it was their time :crylaugh:

Kuva as well, is not such a mandatory resource that we have to brainstorm in order to think how we can get more and more.

Because we don't know were nitains are coming from and rare ressource are already rare to get from extractors so Kuva would be even more rare to get. It won't in anyway be a reliable way to get Kuva for sure.

It was just an idea to makes people like me using extractors once again, and using the phone app maybe, but well :/

3 hours ago, Genitive said:

I mean we do not need another game feature become forgotten about because there is an alternative which involves little to no interaction to do it.

I don't want my idea to be an alternative don't worry, the chance would be really low, and there would be no way to rely on this way to earn a lot of Kuva, i just wanted to makes the extractors usefull again or at least being used more by veterants, it would also give me a reason to use the warframe app.

Couldn't it be better if we deploy our kuva siphon as an equipment and defend it while it sucks kuva instead of upgrade our extractors to do it ?

At least it will have some interaction in game :/

Edited by Aeon94

I don't think that having our own kuva extractors/siphons is a good idea considering what the kuva is (well, based on what we know).

It is a speculation, but it seems to be very accurate.

In the game, you're there to get the kuva from a siphon so you can afford the reseach, foundry blueprints, riven reroll and whatever else is coming.

But lorewise, we're there to encounter the thing accidentallym then stop it from sucking the Kuva in and then collect whatever leaked kuva that the Grineer don't manage to take with them.

Also, the Kuva Siphon missions have some mechanic involved. Better if we have some incentive to do them and devs' work doesn't go to waste than let us have a passive kuva income.

49 minutes ago, DenonskUllROX said:

Next do you want Endo extracctors? Its the same thing pretty much.

Is that a planet ressource ? I don't think so ... so no it aint pretty much the same ...  " Extractors are drones that collect Resources from a planet's surface " As far as i know, Kuva siphon are on the planet surface when they do extract, so i don't see why our "Extractor drone" would not be able to intercept some Kuva sometimes ...

2 hours ago, Aeon94 said:

Couldn't it be better if we deploy our kuva siphon as an equipment and defend it while it sucks kuva instead of upgrade our extractors to do it ?

At least it will have some interaction in game :/

If we didn't had the Kuva missions, yeah it would have been good, but not sure they will work on another Kuva mission now :/

1 hour ago, Raniu said:

I don't think that having our own kuva extractors/siphons is a good idea considering what the kuva is (well, based on what we know).

It is a speculation, but it seems to be very accurate.

In the game, you're there to get the kuva from a siphon so you can afford the reseach, foundry blueprints, riven reroll and whatever else is coming.

But lorewise, we're there to encounter the thing accidentallym then stop it from sucking the Kuva in and then collect whatever leaked kuva that the Grineer don't manage to take with them.

Also, the Kuva Siphon missions have some mechanic involved. Better if we have some incentive to do them and devs' work doesn't go to waste than let us have a passive kuva income.

Maybe i don't explain well, but i keep saying that it would be really low chance, like on 100 extractors you would make an average of 1k ~ 2k Kuva, but well :l

Edited by clemza

I don't think I see any point in a system like this, especially now that kuva is pretty consistent to earn.

Lore-wise, given that the Kuva Siphons seem to be made using the Grineer Queen's braids, I don't know that the Tenno could attempt to replicate them either.

36 minutes ago, clemza said:

Maybe i don't explain well, but i keep saying that it would be really low chance, like on 100 extractors you would make an average of 1k ~ 2k Kuva, but well :l

And where would you send the extractor? Behind your orbiter's infested door?

1 hour ago, Raniu said:

And where would you send the extractor? Behind your orbiter's infested door?

11 hours ago, clemza said:

which would have a chance to gather "Kuva" only if the planet they are place on are near the Kuva fortress, or on the fortress.

Well if you don't read too ... Now i understand x_x

Instead of trying being funny next time read proprely ...

You can disagree but please stop being negative.

1 hour ago, OvisCaedo said:

I don't think I see any point in a system like this, especially now that kuva is pretty consistent to earn.

Lore-wise, given that the Kuva Siphons seem to be made using the Grineer Queen's braids, I don't know that the Tenno could attempt to replicate them either.

Yea right, but what about a way to steal this Kuva from grineer siphon via an upgrade of our extractor drones.