Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Teleport build weapon question

Sir_Alex_Traffo

Question

I'm trying to make a Teleport build for Ash, but I'm not sure on the melee weapon to pick: obviously a dagger with Covert Lethality is the best choice on the power side, but if for any reason I want to do some normal melee kills I don't feel like going around with a dagger.

Ofc, any other weapon will be less efficent at some point, but my question is: how far is that point? Is it safe to make a Teleport build with a normal melee weapon(say Venka Prime)if I'm only doing Sortie and very rarely some lvl120/150 runs?

Or at those levels a dagger is required to kill with Teleport? In case a normal weapon is fine, what build would you recommend?

Thanks!

Edited by siralextraffo

21 answers to this question

You could bring literally *any* weapon since the finisher damage is what helps kill.

Something else is how viable the weapon then becomes :P

If you plan on using Bladestorm, I feel the Venka Prime, Dual Kamas Prime or the Nikana Prime should be a great option -- fast attack speeds, good crit chances, good status chances and mainly slash weapons (remember Ash has benefits from Bleed procs on enemies). That also has great synergy with him if you're using Naramon, since invisibility = lower energy costs. And free invisibility = better :P

Of course you could always use the Galatine Prime too, since it helps with all of the above. It's just I don't feel it fits much a Ninja :P

3 minutes ago, Qianna said:

Venka is good for BS builds since it stacks quicker and stronger. 

Also this, remember the Venka Prime's new mechanic!

Edited by NightmareT12

11 minutes ago, Qianna said:

Venka is good for BS builds since it stacks quicker and stronger. 

9 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

You could bring literally *any* weapon since the finisher damage is what helps kill.

Something else is how viable the weapon then becomes :P

If you plan on using Bladestorm, I feel the Venka Prime, Dual Kamas Prime or the Nikana Prime should be a great option -- fast attack speeds, good crit chances, good status chances and mainly slash weapons (remember Ash has benefits from Bleed procs on enemies). That also has great synergy with him if you're using Naramon, since invisibility = lower energy costs. And free invisibility = better :P

Of course you could always use the Galatine Prime too, since it helps with all of the above. It's just I don't feel it fits much a Ninja :P

Also this, remember the Venka Prime's new mechanic!

I'm actually planning almost never to use BS and focus on Smokescreen+Teleport only!

What I want to avoid is being forced to teleport 5 times on the same target on Sortie 3 in order to kill it...

this is build i use...aura energy syphon.exilus rush. primed continuity.narrow minded.cosntitution.fleeting4.streamline.4.fatal teleport.overextended to couter narrow minded.natural talent...i use nikana prime...u will one shot anything cz fatal teleport give u on top +200% on finishers

Edited by ashrah

2 minutes ago, siralextraffo said:

I'm actually planning almost never to use BS and focus on Smokescreen+Teleport only!

What I want to avoid is being forced to teleport 5 times on the same target on Sortie 3 in order to kill it...

That doesn't happen anymore though, you stab it once per cast, then if the two next marks are needed the clones do it for you. Besides, you've got a max of 3 charges.

1 minute ago, NightmareT12 said:

That doesn't happen anymore though, you stab it once per cast, then if the two next marks are needed the clones do it for you. Besides, you've got a max of 3 charges.

Man, I'm talking about the Teleport power, not Bladestorm! I don't want to use Bladestorm!

What I'm saying is that a Dagger with Covert Lethality would allow me to kill anything at any level, but if I want to use another weapon type for a Fatal Teleport build, I don't want to be forced to cast Fatal Teleport multiple times on the same target only because the damage I deal on a lvl 100 enemy is not enough to kill!

21 minutes ago, siralextraffo said:

Man, I'm talking about the Teleport power, not Bladestorm! I don't want to use Bladestorm!

What I'm saying is that a Dagger with Covert Lethality would allow me to kill anything at any level, but if I want to use another weapon type for a Fatal Teleport build, I don't want to be forced to cast Fatal Teleport multiple times on the same target only because the damage I deal on a lvl 100 enemy is not enough to kill!

A Galatine Prime would get you covered then. But I don't think the other weapons would have an issue, honestly.

4 hours ago, siralextraffo said:

I'm trying to make a Teleport build for Ash, but I'm not sure on the melee weapon to pick: obviously a dagger with Covert Lethality is the best choice on the power side, but if for any reason I want to do some normal melee kills I don't feel like going around with a dagger.

Ofc, any other weapon will be less efficent at some point, but my question is: how far is that point? Is it safe to make a Teleport build with a normal melee weapon(say Venka Prime)if I'm only doing Sortie and very rarely some lvl120/150 runs?

Or at those levels a dagger is required to kill with Teleport? In case a normal weapon is fine, what build would you recommend?

Thanks!

Pick your favourite melee thn mod it for damage only (+ body count or drifting contact). Then go into simulacrum and spawn a lvl 100+ heavy gunner and bo0mbard. If you can kill them with one finisher then you know it.

I'm pretty sure that if you mod your weapon for damage only and use fatal teleport that you can kill easily kill a lvl 100 enemy with finisher.

If the enemy doesn't die in one hit then your only options are daggers with covert lethality and hammers (i can easily one hit a lvl 135 heavy gunner with fragor prime, already tried it)

Edit: Just tried to one hit a lvl 135 Corrupted Heavy Gunner with Ash using Teleport (Fatal Teleport equipped and i had 100% strength). I used Mios with all 4 90% elemental dmg mods, pressure point, spoiled strike, drifting contact and primed fury to speed up the animation. It didn't kill him in one hit (had to use it twice). Nikana Prime killed him in one hit, heavy weapons like Galatine Prime, Zenistar, War aswell and Hammers. I guess all melee that don't have atleast 95 dmg can't one hit a lvl 135 enemy.

Edited by The-Tective
Some testing

43 minutes ago, The-Tective said:

Pick your favourite melee thn mod it for damage only (+ body count or drifting contact). Then go into simulacrum and spawn a lvl 100+ heavy gunner and bo0mbard. If you can kill them with one finisher then you know it.

I'm pretty sure that if you mod your weapon for damage only and use fatal teleport that you can kill easily kill a lvl 100 enemy with finisher.

If the enemy doesn't die in one hit then your only options are daggers with covert lethality and hammers (i can easily one hit a lvl 135 heavy gunner with fragor prime, already tried it)

Edit: Just tried to one hit a lvl 135 Corrupted Heavy Gunner with Ash using Teleport (Fatal Teleport equipped and i had 100% strength). I used Mios with all 4 90% elemental dmg mods, pressure point, spoiled strike, drifting contact and primed fury to speed up the animation. It didn't kill him in one hit (had to use it twice). Nikana Prime killed him in one hit, heavy weapons like Galatine Prime, Zenistar, War aswell and Hammers. I guess all melee that don't have atleast 95 dmg can't one hit a lvl 135 enemy.

Thanks for the testing, appreciate it!

It's a pity because I don't really think heavy weapons fit Ash and the Nikana is not that fun when equipped; Venka Prime on the other side is so much fun and powerful when melee only, but there's probably no way it can oneshot such high lvl enemies.

I guess I have to chose between fun and efficency in this case!

It kind of depends on how fast you want the Finisher Animation to be, Slow or Fast.

And there are reasons to go either way. 

Unless it's been changed when I wasn't looking (or more likely became glitchy like Inaros Devour... vs certain things, esp. Scorches?! =p) you benefit from an "invulnerability frame" while performing the Finisher animation. This can of course be really nice.

But Slow Finishers can become rather tedious sometimes too.

So then Fast Finishers are really nice, because you get in,  get the job done and are already ready for the next one.

Just how fast or slow is right for you has really probably got to be largely a personal preference. Super fast isn't as good if it ends up way faster than you can re-align your next Teleport. And Slow might not feel tedious at all since that is entirely subjective. 

It's already been covered a bit but if you don't really like Daggers that should be fine as Covert isn't really "needed" until you hit some pretty hardy enemies, for most of what you could reasonably be doing in the game right now (i.e. Not "2+ hour T4 Survival missions") most weapons should be able to handle the job.

Of note it seems there are still a few weapons having some Fins her Animation issues. I don't know for sure which all of them are but iirc Nikana's have some missing vs certain enemeis. And I think I read around here not too long ago that the Galatine Prime and some other of the newer "big" weapons seems to be suffering from weak finisher damage for some reason.

One weapon that was mentioned was the Jat Kittag and it is indeed a very fine weapon. The Animation Speed is pretty decent, not super fast but it gets the job done and it has really high finisher damage. Massive Bonus Points for utility with that Ground Slam and overall a great weapon in general.

Some of the faster Finishers are:
Swords (as in 'single' not dual sword),
Machetes (the stance is poop but the finisher animations is really fast, seemed to be about on par with Daggers there)
Dagger (again single, not dual)

Some really fun animations, IMO are: Hammers, Blade and Whip, Heavy/Great weapons and Fist weapons (Tekko ftw!)

If you have done the Second Dream then I expect you have Broken-war and I find it to be a fantastic finisher weapon. Speed is quick and damage is solid and it's fully functional for actual use.

If you can I recommend checking some or all of these out and seeing which you enjoy.

Cheers!
~R~

p.s. I hear what you're saying about Bladestorm. I'd gone Smoke Screen/Fatal Teleport Ash a while ago and so preferred it already before SS got fixed (yay!) and b.s. got changed (meh). ;-)

It's important to note that stealth and combo multipliers play a heavy role in your execute damage.

For instance I used a general melee Mios, (90%x2 Berserk, Blood Rush, Organ Shatter, Pressure Point, Primed Reach, Drifting Contact)

it took 3 Fatal Teleports at 100% Power to kill a lvl 140 Corrupted Heavy Gunner normally however it one shot them at 2x combo in stealth.

In short. If you intend to use the weapon normally as melee then you'll one shot enemies within the level range you stated.