Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does a immortal Volt build exist?

(PSN)CaptainIMalik

Question

9 answers to this question

Honestly, no.

His overload aug provides a capped overshield value but if a high level heavy gunner right as the overload wave fades it can melt that overshield hilariously quickly.

His electric shield won't stop EVERYTHING that tries to kill you, a butcher if it ignores the stun proc for any reason can still melee you and "cloud"/punch through weapons like an ignis will just go through it.

He's a good frame but tanking is by no means his specialty.

19 minutes ago, (PS4)CaptainIMalik said:

A bit like Wukong's famous build? 

Applying Quick Thinking, Energy Siphon, and Rage will achieve similar effect to Defy, but it is far less reliable. Any mods that grant returns to health will be helpful. Any mods (Rage, Vitality, Shield_Mod_Name_Forgotten) that bolster general survivability stats are highly, if not absolutely, recommended. Additionally, Primed Continuity and any duration mods, with mods to increase energy capacity, will help.

For the melee-biased, when the new Augments come out on Console (approx. February would be a late guess) you should go for the one that gives health, and combine it with Life Strike (although I've never acquired it myself) for potential survivability. Since Volt can carry the shield, you should consider using it and Speed to make him a hit-run combatant.

Volt is not the best at standing in the way of gunfire. Rhino would be more appropriate, and if possible for you to acquire, Inaros will protect you.

First, we need to know what your specific goal(s) are.

2 rules before you begin survival with Volt (Prime I'm assuming) whether you decide on a ranged CC build, enhanced firepower (Crit + electricity) shield-turret build, speed-melee build, or some combination:

1.  You must play Volt not to get hit. He is not a light tank.  Armor-enhancing mods do not make him a light tank.  No, that glowing gold color on "Armored Agility" does not mean it will make Volt INTO a light tank...

2.  You can argue the merits of cheese later but biggest fail safe for Volt is maxxed INVISICRIT Naramon.  With speed-enhanced/Crit-enhanced melee you can stay almost perpetually invisible.  It frees you up to use the playstyle you like.

I leave it to other to argue the merits and drawbacks of things like Max Redirection and Quick Thinking on specific builds.

Volt doesn't really have the means to be immortal without active use of his abilities. Most notably his electric shields.

Despite using Quick Thinking, Vitality, Redirection and having Overshields his eHP is still not that great compared to other frames like Rhino, Mesa, Nekros, Trinity and Recovery will only get you so far in levels until enemies simply one shot you.

Volt can be quite hard to kill but it's mostly through your actions as the player than any mods you put on. I run my Volt with a single QT and nothing else. He's still quite a bunker.