Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra before sentient arm cannon, DE's general mismanagement of time/resources

(XBOX)ashes of suvius

1 hour ago, (XB1)ashes of suvius said:

what i want is them to work towards it, rather than letting it go another year, and in another year, still having no news. alot of my list was to show that they often take a year to get to something, or back around to it.

Not everything takes a year.  War Within took as long as it did because they are new to making cinematic quests.  Second dream had very little in it compared to TWW.  You must somehow think its really easy to do these things that they should whip them out in a month tops?

Conjecture of course, but so its 90% of your feedback.

i dont claim to speak for everyone.

2 hours ago, (XB1)ashes of suvius said:

It seems like eveything DE does now is mismanage time and assets, and half-a$$ed implementation:

no one plays lunaro, quit giving us maps for it when that development time can be better spent

You say you don't claim to speak for everyone and yet .. ^ "no one plays lunaro", if literally no one played it ever, then yeah I'm sure they'd totally stop updating it and just remove it, but people do play it, YOU may not, doesn't mean no one does.  

Just because you have no interest in conclave doesn't mean others do not, or that not enough do to justify working on it.  DE sees how many people use those game modes, if they feel justified in working on it that's their business... literally.

Half-assed implementations is another conjecture, do you really believe they just work on a system then leave it unfinished on purpose?  You are of course referring to focus and riven mods at the very least?  Those systems were designed and probably looked great on paper.  Once you get several THOUSAND people all chipping away at these systems from all sides, they are certain to start breaking down and showing cracks that just were not visible to the few people at DE who work on these things.

It is a constant jab at DE that they "don't play their own game" but they do, it is obvious they do, they just cannot foresee every single perspective needed to tie up every possible problem.  That is fact of anything programmed creation.  If you've ever coded anything in your life more complex than getting BASIC to say "hello world" you'd know that.

You did attempt to provide somewhat solid feedback here but you fell short in more than a few areas.  Several of your comments were very obvious insults, there is little way around it.  But then insults are usually a community's best weapon at getting things done I suppose, so I reckon I can't judge too harshly.

Edited by Xekrin

3 minutes ago, (XB1)ashes of suvius said:

well, that is unfortunate. however its more unfortunate that most people who DO know its different and have tried it, still dont play it.

in my opinion, (mine and only mine cuz people seem to think im trying to talk for others when i say this) is that pvp in this sense doesnt even belong in this game and detracts from it on a conceptual level. prior to this last year, most game modes felt benefitted from teamwork. team synergy was more of a thing, building out frames to work as a team was how you got far in endgame content. teamwork and tenno brotherhood felt like more of a thing, clans and alliances worked together to accomplish things like taking solar rails and event leaderboards. the solar rails got taken away in favor of conclave, long runs for primes got replaced by 5 minute relic missions, events just got.... well... rathuum was weak and easily soloable, with the best team being all one frame modded the same way, playing the same way. and our next event was the same thing but gambling for credits while you do so. great. but basically i feel like all the things i used to do WITH people, got taken away in favor of a very pvp 5 minute match feeling mush that doesnt have heart, soul or purpose to it.

Wait what events! I've been playing for 6 + months and I've heard about events giving.. something other then reactors and cata.. and sigils but I thought this was a myth! Also,

pretty much no one does pvp / lunaro to kind of go against what the guy above me said, I haven't heard of a single person doing lunaro.. or PvP in my 6 months + of playing, sure people might do it, but as someone has said the numbers are 5% of the playerbase.

Edited by Icarican_Justicar

Just now, Icarican_Justicar said:

Wait what events! I've been playing for 6 + months and I've heard about events giving.. something other then reactors and cata.. and sigils but I thought this was a myth! 

if you go to then menu in game on your ship go to profile>leaderboards. then scroll down to where it says archived. the listings under that are all old events. unfortunately they dont happen on any sort of regular schedule.

45 minutes ago, (XB1)ashes of suvius said:

unfortunately, this is their reimagining of pvp. this is what we got as they removed one of the most played parts of the game, a part that they've said they are working on redoing and bringing back, for over a year. the pvp gets constant balancing while the other things slip through the cracks. its a shame.

i personally think the dedication of a team to pvp is a large part of why the rest of the game is suffering

The PVP team is 2 people tweaking numbers.

7 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

You say you don't claim to speak for everyone and yet .. ^ "no one plays lunaro", if literally no one played it ever, then yeah I'm sure they'd totally stop updating it and just remove it, but people do play it, YOU may not, doesn't mean no one does.

first off "no one plays it" is a slight exaggeration, but it is not trying to speak for everyone. An extremely low play rate is proven by DE's statistics.

9 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Not everything takes a year.

was talking about just TWW, im talking about getting back to dojo fixes, bringing back solar rails, expanding stances, the map rework, TWW and countless other things.

12 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Half-assed implementations is another conjecture, do you really believe they just work on a system then leave it unfinished on purpose?  You are of course referring to focus and riven mods at the very least?

im not referring to those alone and especially with how new riven mods are and the fact that 2 out of 3 platforms dont have them yet, that is the least of my concerns. if i was speaking about anything specifically when i brought up implementation, i would point out the prime liset. lol the first two questions i heard anyone ask had horrible answers. "is it a ship or just a skin?" "skin" and "does it have a primed interior?" "no" 

regardless of what either of us think, thats what i saw being asked in the community. thats what was expected of a prime ship by the community. if those are the first two questions people ask and both answers are "naw we didnt do that like people expected" i consider that halfassing.

as far as focus/operator as subsystems, i get that it takes time and iterations to successfully implement those things n i have no problem waiting for DE to work though them. on the flip side of that coin, do we need yet another subsystem like arm cannons added before these two get worked out? not really, thats just mucking up the priority list.

28 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

they just cannot foresee every single perspective needed to tie up every possible problem.  That is fact of anything programmed creation.  If you've ever coded anything in your life more complex than getting BASIC to say "hello world" you'd know that.

i know alot more about coding than you think, but thats not what we're talking about here. i know they are human and not omnipotent, all seeing, all knowing beings, capable of doing everything right the first time. i also know that they need to not create new problems for themselves by ignoring the community like with vacuum. theres two to three years worth of feedback and a megathread discussion that all got IGNORED by DE. changing it to what people were asking for for two years only AFTER changing it the opposite way and getting death threats, is NOT listening. My point here, its not about the ability to program, or to program something correctly the first time, its not about the ability to patch things quickly, its about making choices that are right to the playerbase. its about thinking some things through. the endless fissures should have been done before fissures launched. endless matches were played and valued more by the community, they should be fit into the new system. that is the common sense im talking about.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)ashes of suvius said:

if those are the first two questions people ask and both answers are "naw we didnt do that like people expected" i consider that halfassing.

Only thing really worth responding to is this.  Prime liset having a prime interior?  It is more amusing than anything people thought it would be A) another ship or B) have a 'prime' interior.

We have a whole slew of landing craft skins.  If they all had unique interiors (not a bad idea to be honest), then I'd expect Prime Liset to also have a prime interior.  They do not, it does not.  Simple as that.  

An all new ship?  Well that would be providing an advantage over those who do not pay, an infinitesimally small one sure, but an entirely different in-game object for money would be going against their business model to date.  Also, if it had been a totally different a new ship, they wouldn't call it a Liset, since we already have one of those.  

Point is landing craft skins have followed a pretty obvious pattern, anything who thought different ... well they were wrong.  Poor them.  Was the Prime Kubrow a totally different animal?  Nope, just armor and colors.  

I can't even begin to imagine how anyone thought a bundle that has always housed pure cosmetic items would suddenly offer a brand new item no one else has access to without PA.

I wouldn't be opposed to farming a prime landing craft though, just for fun, but unless such a thing were indeed farmable for those who can't pay, its not going to be in the 'accessories' bundle.

I could go on with further examples, but whatever.  The only thing in PA I consider halfassed is the air support charges.  That's just weird.

Also, did it not always say Prime Liset Skin on the website?  Because that's a pretty obvious indication its a skin.

All done here, this is getting to be tedious.

11 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Only thing really worth responding to is this.  Prime liset having a prime interior?  It is more amusing than anything people thought it would be A) another ship or B) have a 'prime' interior.

We have a whole slew of landing craft skins.  If they all had unique interiors (not a bad idea to be honest), then I'd expect Prime Liset to also have a prime interior.  They do not, it does not.  Simple as that.  

An all new ship?  Well that would be providing an advantage over those who do not pay, an infinitesimally small one sure, but an entirely different in-game object for money would be going against their business model to date.  Also, if it had been a totally different a new ship, they wouldn't call it a Liset, since we already have one of those.  

Point is landing craft skins have followed a pretty obvious pattern, anything who thought different ... well they were wrong.  Poor them.  Was the Prime Kubrow a totally different animal?  Nope, just armor and colors.  

I can't even begin to imagine how anyone thought a bundle that has always housed pure cosmetic items would suddenly offer a brand new item no one else has access to without PA.

I wouldn't be opposed to farming a prime landing craft though, just for fun, but unless such a thing were indeed farmable for those who can't pay, its not going to be in the 'accessories' bundle.

I could go on with further examples, but whatever.  The only thing in PA I consider halfassed is the air support charges.  That's just weird.

Also, did it not always say Prime Liset Skin on the website?  Because that's a pretty obvious indication its a skin.

You do realise that the orbiter and the liset are 2 different ships right

2 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

how is being able to put other skins on it or having a primed interior an advantage over non paying players? its all cosmetic. "landing craft skins have followed a pretty obvious pattern" is irrelevant when this is the first prime. also saying skin, does not mean its not a disappointment that its just a skin. i personally never would've expected a primed interior, even though i would like to see it. but it being a skin, regardless of whether its stated to be a skin or not, is extremely half assed. we can put regular skins on the primed frames and weapons, usually with enough effort put into them so the prime bits still show its a prime even with a skin on. if we are following patterns here, primes are items, not skins for items. also the kubrow PA is the only one i remember being changed because people were unhappy and felt it was done wrong, so not exactly a good example of how PA's should be or usually are.

5 minutes ago, Machine_Head said:

he actually was saying that its fine like it is, he wasnt arguing that the interior should be primed

Edit: neither was i really, i brought it up as something ive heard others say they wanted out of it. i totally think the ship should be a full on ship, equippable with skins, the interior not so much. and yes i realize its two different things, but half of the community doesnt, and one of the many things DE hasnt gotten around to is anything to do with the orbiter, so how would most of them know. but on another note, if we ever WERE to get a primed interior to the orbiter, it probably would have come with prime landing crafts.

Edited by (XB1)ashes of suvius

Yep. I can't wait for DE to shoehorn Umbra in and have it be terrible. Cool ya jets OP. Would you arther they did it right or would you rather it was just thrown in without a care in the world? You're not really in a position to decide they're mismanaging resources/time when you have little to no clue about what is being worked on and DE's intentions for umbra. China frame screwed DE by putting umbra out without consulting them, and now DE is trying to implement it into the global build without it being lazily thrown in.

19 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

Yep. I can't wait for DE to shoehorn Umbra in and have it be terrible. Cool ya jets OP. Would you arther they did it right or would you rather it was just thrown in without a care in the world? You're not really in a position to decide they're mismanaging resources/time when you have little to no clue about what is being worked on and DE's intentions for umbra. China frame screwed DE by putting umbra out without consulting them, and now DE is trying to implement it into the global build without it being lazily thrown in.

yeah cuz DE has everything figured out and has no need to listen to any of it community.

Now that we have the sarcastic reply out of the way, i dont want umbra just thrown in now, i want it to be worked on instead of being still on the backburner in another year. I also would like them to get back around to a bunch of other things before they clutter the field with another subsystem when the first still has not gotten any QoL or improvement, solar rails havent been brought back, dojo hasnt gotten any love in a year, etc. So you "cool ya jets" Just because i want things to get worked on that have been getting promised for over a year doesnt mean i want it NOW over it being good. but if the priority is to put in another subsystem before the first two get fixed or old stuff on the backburner gets done, all they are asking for is more clean up and delays.

EDIT: also, where do u get this info from that changyou released umbra without consent? because its a founders item and was designed as such. i very highly doubt that DE wanted china to wait a year and a half+ to release its founders pack.

43 minutes ago, (XB1)ashes of suvius said:

Neither was i really, i brought it up as something ive heard others say they wanted out of it. i totally think the ship should be a full on ship, equippable with skins, the interior not so much. and yes i realize its two different things, but half of the community doesnt, and one of the many things DE hasnt gotten around to is anything to do with the orbiter,

Well on your note on the community not knowing the difference between the liset and orbiter please explain how people dont see a massive size difference between the too i mean honestly a warframe takes up a good section of the liset. 

Though gotta say i would love a custom interior for my orbiter 

yeah cuz DE has everything figured out and has no need to listen to any of it community.

Now that we have the sarcastic reply out of the way, i dont want umbra just thrown in now, i want it to be worked on instead of being still on the backburner in another year. I also would like them to get back around to a bunch of other things before they clutter the field with another subsystem when the first still has not gotten any QoL or improvement, solar rails havent been brought back, dojo hasnt gotten any love in a year, etc. So you "cool ya jets" Just because i want things to get worked on that have been getting promised for over a year doesnt mean i want it NOW over it being good. but if the priority is to put in another subsystem before the first two get fixed or old stuff on the backburner gets done, all they are asking for is more clean up and delays.

EDIT: also, where do u get this info from that changyou released umbra without consent? because its a founders item and was designed as such. i very highly doubt that DE wanted china to wait a year and a half+ to release its founders pack.

When did I say that homie?

Umbra is being worked on. DE has stated that multiple times. Yes that could be hot air but hey it all we have to work with. The fact is, you have no idea whether or not those systems are being worked on, ergo, your claims of mismanagement etc hold very little weight. Yes some things need love, yes subsystems are introduced when really old ones should be tweaked, but hey, content is this games life blood and DE is a small team. Just be patient. Time is an illusion yadda yadda yadda.

I got that info from DE and all the info they provided when said controversy hit. Umbra wasn't even supposed to exist in the first place. China frame really screwed DE with that whole debacle.

TL;DR

Cool ya jets, son.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

3 hours ago, Machine_Head said:

Yes, which is another reason why expecting the inside to be Primed was unrealistic.  Every "orbiter" regardless of landing craft is the exact same for everyone.  When they changes it won't be part of a PA, it'd very likely be a major update.

3 hours ago, (XB1)ashes of suvius said:

how is being able to put other skins on it or having a primed interior an advantage over non paying players?

The interior was not the advantage part, having an entirely new landing craft would be, because it would also have to have a "Prime" air support mechanic which those who did not get PA would be without.  

As a said It would be a very small advantage (who relies on air support for much other than hacking lockdowns anyway?) but it would be a new landing craft much like Xiphos and Mantis, and therefore NOT just cosmetic only as landing crafts are actual objects, gear that is technically equipped and as much a part of someone's arsenal as a gun or frame.  

Cosmetics go over such things, they are not those actual things.  Big difference.  The landing craft may play a tiny role right now merely a floaty thing on loading screens and a few cinematic cutscenes when they drop us off or pick us up but that could change in the future.  If we got an actual Prime LandingCraft, it would be as part of the top tier bundles and therefore farmable like other such things currently are.

Though for something as drastically cosmetic as the interior of our orbiter to be money only I'd be fairly upset, as would, I imagine, quite a few players who can't afford PA.  Which is why, again, I believe if the interior ever did change, it'd be for everyone.  It also wouldn't be something that happened without a lot of fan fare and no warning at all.  They'd very likely offer different interior skins for platinum and after that point could very well offer a primed version in a PA down the line, but to offer the one and only new interior skin for PA would be unreasonable.

Perhaps my original reply was too convoluted to express my actual train of thought, I seemed to have lost some people along the way.

6 hours ago, StinkyPygmy said:

When did I say that homie?

Umbra is being worked on. DE has stated that multiple times. Yes that could be hot air but hey it all we have to work with. The fact is, you have no idea whether or not those systems are being worked on, ergo, your claims of mismanagement etc hold very little weight. Yes some things need love, yes subsystems are introduced when really old ones should be tweaked, but hey, content is this games life blood and DE is a small team. Just be patient. Time is an illusion yadda yadda yadda.

I got that info from DE and all the info they provided when said controversy hit. Umbra wasn't even supposed to exist in the first place. China frame really screwed DE with that whole debacle.

TL;DR

Cool ya jets, son.

a) u said it in the post I replied to before

b) I got my info from the latest devstream and DE steves vine. Edit: He has a clip on his vine of an excal running around n jumping in the test room with the arm cannon on in case u didn't know.

c) How many things can a "small team" really devote time and energy to? With how much work and rework got done on TWW, and how many things went to the wayside for it (as admitted by DE) how can u possibly imagine they were actually devoting any time to all of these projects that they've been "working on" for over a year but we have no news about.

4 hours ago, Xekrin said:

Yes, which is another reason why expecting the inside to be Primed was unrealistic.  Every "orbiter" regardless of landing craft is the exact same for everyone.  When they changes it won't be part of a PA, it'd very likely be a major update.

The interior was not the advantage part, having an entirely new landing craft would be, because it would also have to have a "Prime" air support mechanic which those who did not get PA would be without.  

As a said It would be a very small advantage (who relies on air support for much other than hacking lockdowns anyway?) but it would be a new landing craft much like Xiphos and Mantis, and therefore NOT just cosmetic only as landing crafts are actual objects, gear that is technically equipped and as much a part of someone's arsenal as a gun or frame.  

Cosmetics go over such things, they are not those actual things.  Big difference.  The landing craft may play a tiny role right now merely a floaty thing on loading screens and a few cinematic cutscenes when they drop us off or pick us up but that could change in the future.  If we got an actual Prime LandingCraft, it would be as part of the top tier bundles and therefore farmable like other such things currently are.

Though for something as drastically cosmetic as the interior of our orbiter to be money only I'd be fairly upset, as would, I imagine, quite a few players who can't afford PA.  Which is why, again, I believe if the interior ever did change, it'd be for everyone.  It also wouldn't be something that happened without a lot of fan fare and no warning at all.  They'd very likely offer different interior skins for platinum and after that point could very well offer a primed version in a PA down the line, but to offer the one and only new interior skin for PA would be unreasonable.

Perhaps my original reply was too convoluted to express my actual train of thought, I seemed to have lost some people along the way.

you may think its unrealistic for such a cosmetic to be in a PA but I personally think thats the exact place it should go. If im paying the price of a full game for cosmetic content, it better be the good stuff.

Also, why exactly do you think a prime liset would need a better life support charge? Do prime frames have upgraded versions of their powers? No. Does a liset have stats? No. Therefore, a prime liset still has no stats. Its cosmetic. As much as u want to cling to interior, im far more concerned with the outside look of the ship. Myself and at least 6 clan member aren't buying the pack when we normally buy them each time, and the number 1 reason is cuz its a skin.

Here's a fun wrench in the thought process for ya, the primed extractors, what packs did they come in? accessories. And unlike the liset, its an item, full on, with a function, one that is superior to non primes, and can't be farmed. I know, crazy right? According to you, that can't happen in accessory packs.

regardless, being able to have a prime ship and put skins on it is no more unfair to people that can't afford prime accessories than a prime skin in the pack is.

now can we get back to discussing DE getting around to stuff thats been promised for over a year? Cuz as much as I think the ship should be a ship, that was not what this threads about.

4 hours ago, (XB1)ashes of suvius said:

a) u said it in the post I replied to before

b) I got my info from the latest devstream and DE steves vine. Edit: He has a clip on his vine of an excal running around n jumping in the test room with the arm cannon on in case u didn't know.

c) How many things can a "small team" really devote time and energy to? With how much work and rework got done on TWW, and how many things went to the wayside for it (as admitted by DE) how can u possibly imagine they were actually devoting any time to all of these projects that they've been "working on" for over a year but we have no news about.

A) Pretty sure I never said "DE has everything figured out and has no need to listen to any of the community" or anything even remotly similar.

B) I never questioned where you got the info about senteint arm cannons from, so I'm not even sure why you're bringing that up. I know thats a thing and the fact its a thing being worked on is kind of a moot point.

C) It is literally impossible for DE to please everyone. no matter what they work on there is always going to be others with the same attitude or view as you but for different subsystems or topics. Ergo, DE has gotta start somewhere and In my experience they always come back to older things, even if its 6 month down the line. Been like that since OB and its not likely to change. Small team can only work on so much at once so somethings are going to inevitably get neglected for a while. Ask 20 different people what DE's priorities should be and you will likely get 20 different answers. For example, I personally couldn't give a rats a$$ about umbra, but I'm a hell of a lot more interested in those fancy sentient arm cannons. You know what I'd rather before all that? DE finally fixing the broken enemy scaling system and working on creating difficultly through clever enemy mechanics and good design. But hey, we can't have our cake and eat it too. Chances are that will happen on the far side of never. Point being, is that everyone's idea of what takes priority is different, so your claims are kind of moot when it wouldn't matter what DE did, someone would be accusing them of mismanagement simply because what THEY want isn't being worked on or going as fast as they want. In short: Entitlement.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

As has been pointed out, everyone has different opinions.  I'm not waiting for umbra at all. I'm waiting for:

Damage 3.0

Shield gating

Jordas verdict nightmare

Bug fixes

Allowing us to use default warframe skins on primes

Operator + focus fusion rework

Movement 2.5

Archwing parkour movement additions.

A very different list from your own

13 hours ago, Gelkor said:

The weapon mods are all just tradeoffs, though. Altering your damage spread or trading ammo pool for reload speed, that kind of thing. Or increasing or decreasing zoom, your unmodded weapon has equal potential as a modded one, it's potential just may be more directed to one area or another. The only weapon mods IMO that a necessary in PvP are the weapon swap speed and passive reload mods. 

What's destroying you is the fact that conclave veterans are all insanely agile acrobats who hipfire with 99% accuracy due to practice, experience, and knowledge of the maps.

Guys that do things like this: 

Reveal hidden contents

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/5gfd1f/this_is_the_kind_of_moment_that_i_live_for/

Yes I have no issue in saying that I suck really hard when it comes to pvp, but I remember a particular time where me and another guy that sucked as much as me were fighting another guy way better than us, the guy was rocking a kittag and I had one as well at a certain point I managed to get 2 clean blows on him and he survived, yet he spent the whole game 1 shotting me and my teammate. There are stuff which gives you increased damage at certain conditions like that so advertised sniper mod in the loadings that gives you something like 200% damage if you stay still or the melee one that gives channeling +60% damage at low health, couple that with those Warframe mods that give overshield at certain conditions and whoever is unexperienced and has none of those mods and goes to the conclave and faces a pro with all that stuff on his gear and there's no surprise that most of the time the conclave is empty.

And yet DE spends a ton of time each update/hotfix with "increased X weapon damage, decrease Y weapon speed for better balance" What balance? Once you shoved the pvp mods those who are experienced and have tons of rep on conclave will take a dump from so high above that the s*** will hit escape velocity and will hit newbies/people that don't excel at pvp so hard in the face that they will never but ever want to experience something like that again and will ignore pvp for good.

I would prefer if DE introducced a Rathum/index gameplay mode where you can also gain rep and for pvp only the rep gains would be multiplied by 2, 4 or even 10. Either that or stop wasting time on useless adjustments on conclave weapons and instead use that time to solve issues in the part of the game that people do care about.

Um, this is a lucky guess not that I know anything officially but, I think the Sentient super Weapons need to happen before Umbra because of story and lore reasons... As Steave mention that Umbra Warframes and weapons would obtain...differently than the primes...they come from a dark period of the tenno... Who's to say the Umbra are the ultimate fusion between Warframe+Operator+Sentient? Everyone knows that the endgame of this game will be when we face the awaken Immortal Orokin... so we are going to have to surpass them and I think Umbra will be the only thing that surpasses Orokin tech...

So considering this extremely lucky guess hehehe... I think Umbra will take a bit to come out... but I know it be worth the wait! Even if its entirely different of what I mention it to be, DE want to add it as part of the story not to just drop it in like Primes.

I just hope that by that time, the Operator have more adult muscular male or sexy female bodies... and can be more active or agile like their Warframe. (Im still having a hard time to include them in game play that has no Kuva farming in it.) Make sense that they are like this after, being asleep for so long only projecting their minds in their Warframe... but I think by the time Umbra comes out, we should have done some exercise! :crylaugh:

16 hours ago, (XB1)ashes of suvius said:

and that two member team also did all the pvp tilesets, skins, stances, the lunaro game mode, arenas etc, etc? no. no they did not.

The beauty of modular design is re-usability, which reduces production time and makes work easier. The foundations for the tile sets, skins, stances, etc. already existed, they just had to be pieced together.

You don't need a dedicated team to work on small projects such as small tile sets or skins. Those could have been made by workers who were allocated that work because otherwise they wouldn't have had any work to do, which would have been a real mismanagement of resources.

3 hours ago, NeonNemesis said:

I would prefer if DE introducced a Rathum/index gameplay mode where you can also gain rep and for pvp only the rep gains would be multiplied by 2, 4 or even 10. Either that or stop wasting time on useless adjustments on conclave weapons and instead use that time to solve issues in the part of the game that people do care about.

Rathuum is nearly identical to Team Annihilation in gameplay, with the only difference being that Rathuum counts the score in kills whereas Team Annihilation counts the score in Oro. There, you've already got your Rathuum gameplay mode that awards Conclave standing.

The Conclave weapon adjustment is just number crunching to find a suitable balance between damage and ease of use. Implementing damage balancing for the Conclave is simply changing numbers around which doesn't take any effort, the only real effort is trying to come up with the said numbers.

5 hours ago, TaylorsContraction said:

As has been pointed out, everyone has different opinions.  I'm not waiting for umbra at all. I'm waiting for:

Damage 3.0

Shield gating

Jordas verdict nightmare

Bug fixes

Allowing us to use default warframe skins on primes

Operator + focus fusion rework

Movement 2.5

Archwing parkour movement additions.

A very different list from your own

actually our lists share a few things, especially the operator fusion rework. A huge part of my main argument here is "tie up some loose ends and get the first subsystem (focus) looked at b4 adding a third" because I very strongly feel that getting too many of them before any of them get a 2.0 is just leading to them having a jumbled mess of things to fix n having to work on 3 systems at once to straighten it out, all the while keeping DEs focus away from other things that have been sitting on the back burner.

one of the big things that I strongly hope will be worked on is enemy AI. But as much as it could help this game, thats not really seeming to be in DEs plan book.

1 hour ago, Heckzu said:

The beauty of modular design is re-usability, which reduces production time and makes work easier. The foundations for the tile sets, skins, stances, etc. already existed, they just had to be pieced together.

You don't need a dedicated team to work on small projects such as small tile sets or skins. Those could have been made by workers who were allocated that work because otherwise they wouldn't have had any work to do, which would have been a real mismanagement of resources.

they would have had no work? They couldn't have been working on any of the stuff thats been mentioned in this thread, solar rails, dojo stuff, enemy AI, making attachments separately colorable. Thats what I'm saying. Things like making attachments colorable separately could have been easily done by now, n just slipped in an update, if there was anyone taking care of that type of thing, but theres not. N if youre just talking about people making skins cuz they were out of things to do, we haven't had a new immortal skin since trin.

4 hours ago, 0zryel said:

Um, this is a lucky guess not that I know anything officially but, I think the Sentient super Weapons need to happen before Umbra because of story and lore reasons... As Steave mention that Umbra Warframes and weapons would obtain...differently than the primes...they come from a dark period of the tenno... Who's to say the Umbra are the ultimate fusion between Warframe+Operator+Sentient? Everyone knows that the endgame of this game will be when we face the awaken Immortal Orokin... so we are going to have to surpass them and I think Umbra will be the only thing that surpasses Orokin tech...

So considering this extremely lucky guess hehehe... I think Umbra will take a bit to come out... but I know it be worth the wait! Even if its entirely different of what I mention it to be, DE want to add it as part of the story not to just drop it in like Primes.

I just hope that by that time, the Operator have more adult muscular male or sexy female bodies... and can be more active or agile like their Warframe. (Im still having a hard time to include them in game play that has no Kuva farming in it.) Make sense that they are like this after, being asleep for so long only projecting their minds in their Warframe... but I think by the time Umbra comes out, we should have done some exercise! :crylaugh:

hey! Someone I can actually converse with. We may disagree on stuff but at least neither of us feels the need to belittle the other. You may be right, but i still want some old systems to get touched up before they throw on another layer

39 minutes ago, (XB1)ashes of suvius said:

they would have had no work? They couldn't have been working on any of the stuff thats been mentioned in this thread, solar rails, dojo stuff, enemy AI, making attachments separately colorable. Thats what I'm saying. Things like making attachments colorable separately could have been easily done by now, n just slipped in an update, if there was anyone taking care of that type of thing, but theres not. N if youre just talking about people making skins cuz they were out of things to do, we haven't had a new immortal skin since trin.

DE seems to be working on a lot of things, but we'll never know what goes on in their studios without them directly telling us.

However, in software design, one can't simply reallocate members to work on a project once it has already begun. It has been proven that the introduction of new members into an already in progress project usually leads to a delay in its finish due to conflicts that arise between the original workers and the new ones such as a lack of understanding in design methods. Solar Rails, Dojo stuff, enemy AI, etc. are all separate things with almost nothing overlapping, so trying to throw more people at it as an attempt to get it all finished can end up being counterproductive. But at least we know that DE is working on some of these issues: enemies can now detect dead bodies, so that's a small improvement to enemy AI, which shows the DE is in fact working on it.

As for skins, if I had to guess, they've placed more priority on deluxe skins than immortal skins, since those are more likely to be purchased. Additionally, Tennogen skins cover the niche the immortal skins provided: keeping the same base model while altering patterns and textures. DE probably has no incentive to make immortal skins when other players can make better ones.