The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we please nerf Mirage + Simulor?

(XBOX)Oussii

1 hour ago, Rolunde said:
1 hour ago, ChuckMaverick said:

Nope, you're proposing a complete rework of an ability just because of its interaction with one weapon. There are much better fixes.

Such as... ?

and apologies if you already made some suggestions, the thread's too long and honestly I care too little to go back and re-read everything.

Well there have been several suggestions made, but the one I favour is...

8 hours ago, ChuckMaverick said:

I think the best 'solution' would be to treat the orbs from Mirage's clones like multishot, so that they are already considered merged with Mirage's shot and don't get the blast damage, but they do contribute to forming a singularity.

19 minutes ago, Zanchak said:

Still think this topic in and of itself should be nerfed.

My you beaut tech input is: Play with people who don't use it. Solved - without killing anyone elses fun. (there is an abort button, use it)

That's too mainstream to the Warframe hipsters.

2 hours ago, ChuckMaverick said:

Well there have been several suggestions made, but the one I favour is...

/ I think the best 'solution' would be to treat the orbs from Mirage's clones like multishot, so that they are already considered merged with Mirage's shot and don't get the blast damage, but they do contribute to forming a singularity. /

Ah, cool and that is a fine idea ;-)

This stupid gun needs to be hammered to shards. Absolutely disgraceful when abused. It is not a weapon that should be mained at all.

I only use it for dire situations. All and every other mission I've done in the past year has been done with all sorts of stuff. I encourage people to include a variety in their arsenal instead of a horribly fun-ruining weapon. 

Edited by (XB1)OTF SERENiTY
Edited for more sense

On 12/4/2016 at 9:27 PM, AhziDahaka said:

Honestly the problem is more with the Simulor than with Mirage.

I can live with something like World on Fire or other methods because you generally have to at least use energy or have some kind of drawback to make it work (you might not be able to take down high-level enemies, or you might blow yourself up, etc.).

Simulor, on the other hand, basically rapid-fires Vauban's ult except it does a million times more damage to boot.  You don't even have to aim with it, people just fire it off and everything in the room dies because of the wide area of effect.  Then you've got the Synoid version that adds in ult-like AoE bursts on top of that!

Simulor should really require a charge-up time for the vortex effect, or suffer from a low rate of fire, or have very limited ammo, or something.

As for those who want to say "just don't play solo if you don't want to play with my Mirage/Simulor", how about you go play solo instead?  Playing online like that just ruins the experience for everyone else while having others with you does you literally no good, so go do your left-click-to-win snorefest by yourself.

Just a suggestion, I'm no expert. But why don't they make the magazine the amount of orbs it takes to create a vortex?

9 minutes ago, (Xbox One)SilverWolf198 said:
On 12/5/2016 at 4:27 AM, AhziDahaka said:

Simulor should really require a charge-up time for the vortex effect, or suffer from a low rate of fire, or have very limited ammo, or something.

Just a suggestion, I'm no expert. But why don't they make the magazine the amount of orbs it takes to create a vortex?

The vortex/singularity is not a big deal when looking at the Simulor's damage, the real damage comes from the blast when orbs merge.

My Synoid Simulor with the standard Vile Acceleration fitted fires just over 5 shots per second for a total merging base damage of 875 (5 x 175) per second, in comparison a vortex will deal 50 base damage per second.

23 hours ago, White_Matter said:

I'm also totally fine with removing one thing from the game to make tens of other things relevant. 

So I don't care if they tweak simulor and turn it into an awful weapon. It is not the end of world. I built simulor, used it a couple of times and shelved it never to use it again. This game can be played without the horrible mirage simulor meta. I repeat, this game can be played without simulor. And if by doing so, you improve the overall gameplay of individuals and the group, then I see no reason why not. Just nerf the damage, cap the orbs, and prevent Mirage's illusions from firing the orbs. It would still be a viable weapon outside sorties or endless missions.

I agree with both of your posts.

We have been here before with Mirage. It got nerfed into a piece of junk from a total killing machine, now they have it just about right.

The only argument here about Mirage/Simulor is purely in the head of some players. I have played this game almost since the start [3+ years] and these arguments come and go yet the players already have the answer; go to any mission and find me every player using this combo ? they don't because this game is far, far bigger than one little effective combo. Also, stop and think, there are players who struggle and will quickly be put off if they don't feel that they are contributing to a mission so we need some 'easy' combos for them, particularly many of the new players we are always seeing. DE try to balance this game for all players.

Also, I feel sorry for those complaining because it doesn't make sense unless the combo frustrates them because they can't find a better one and so feel that to play on a level playing field they MUST have this combo. I have already mentioned that I can kill on the level of any others with this combo but, c'mon, how boring when there are dozens of 'mix'n'match' equally good . . .  meaning the skill of the player - or lack of - is a very important factor when assessing the value of the criticism.

Sometimes players complain about something powerful in a game simply because they haven't got the willpower to put it down so prefer to complain that it is too powerful and should be nerfed. Then, if it gets nerfed, their ego releases the desire of having to take that weapon.

Edited by CaptainEras

This topic is still going strong?
I think it needs to be nerfed...this topic i mean...22 pages of rant and everything that goes with it. I just had 2 mirages and spamulors...what should i say about it? Call all of you on public lynching those players or what? No. I am not even butthurted by any means...i finished that usually boring mission in 1 min!

I think that this thread has arrived to its end.

Everything has been said, not always in a respectful or constructive way, but there was enough discussion between players to build robust opinions.

Now your thoughts and point of views on the matter are mature enough to provide a proper respectful and constructive feedback with facts and suggestions to improve the situation in the relevant Feedback subforum (Weapons), so that DE can consider your requests and tweak the Simulor accordingly if they see fit.

Thread Prismed.