Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How would you do this particularly annoying Riven Challenge?

VerinESC

Question

Scan a Simaris Target without traps or abilities with a Hobbled Dragon Key equipped without taking any damage?

Current target is Scorch

I can use powers before the scan attempt but it fails if I use them too close

Unreliable enemies at start to charge Iron Skin

Huras/Shade unreliable

@(*()$ barrels @(*()$ exploding

The time spent having Iron Skin ripped off while capturing the target as lets be honest captures are the fastest way to do these sorts of things

How would you do this? 

15 answers to this question

1 minute ago, bluepheonix13 said:

If that doesn't work you could try Rhino and ramp up his Iron Skin with the augment for his 1, which increases armor with every enemy hit. Makes it possible for iron skin to go into 6-digit territory and low level enemies won't stand a chance to rip that apart.

Just now, Gelkor said:

Ivara prowl at the start of the mission, leave it on and don't use any powers anywhere near the target, worked just fine for me. 

Spoiler

9etvEDz.png

I did it first try with Ivara, that no powers thing is misleading.I was rewarded with this for my troubles though

Just now, AXCrusnik said:

Scanned from afar with invisiblity.

Can't use powers, Iron Skin seems to be an exception as it's activated prior and isn't channeled. Also don't want to cast invis too close with Loki. I'll give it a go though :) 

Just now, VerinESC said:

Can't use powers, Iron Skin seems to be an exception as it's activated prior and isn't channeled. Also don't want to cast invis too close with Loki. I'll give it a go though :) 

That's how I did it. I had that challenge. Used Ivara invis.

5 minutes ago, VerinESC said:

Oooooh well that's good to know, thank you again :) 

If that doesn't work you could try Rhino and ramp up his Iron Skin with the augment for his 1, which increases armor with every enemy hit. Makes it possible for iron skin to go into 6-digit territory and low level enemies won't stand a chance to rip that apart.

12 minutes ago, bluepheonix13 said:

It gets very strong, but to say it gets into "6-digit territory" is ridiculous. I have used the Ironclad Charge build for a very long time, and I could always see the amount of Iron Skin the buff provides in the Abilities menu. At the maximum potential, with ~900% armor buff from Ironclad Charge, the Iron Skin gets to a maximum of 40-50k (not nearly 100k). Ofc, max power str and Steel Fiber equipped.

also:  make certain you attempt on an exterminate mission. You want to limit the amount of possible spawns (pursuant to taking no damage). I got lucky and my target spawned at the end of the mission with no other mobs left. 

I had brought Ratka Dark Dagger to reduce visibility. Also brought shade and naramon focus to get crit invisibility in case he noticed me, but didn't end up needing those. Just scanned target from far enough away. Possibly helped that I brought that Ratka Dark Dagger.  

14 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

It gets very strong, but to say it gets into "6-digit territory" is ridiculous. I have used the Ironclad Charge build for a very long time, and I could always see the amount of Iron Skin the buff provides in the Abilities menu. At the maximum potential, with ~900% armor buff from Ironclad Charge, the Iron Skin gets to a maximum of 40-50k (not nearly 100k). Ofc, max power str and Steel Fiber equipped.

I have not used it myself, but I've seen pictures of values above 100k. 

11 minutes ago, bluepheonix13 said:

Pictures I saw were in Simulacrum, see comments on wiki page of augment.

Either way, in the hundred thousand times or so I used this technique it was not possible to obtain such values. I think it's safe to conclude that it's impossible in practice where you don't get to set the stage.