Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are the Aksomati really that bad?

(PSN)Coyote_x_Starrk

Question

I have been wanting the Akstilleto Prime because I have used the Lex Prime for SOOOOOO long I wanted a change and the dual machine pistols is just a fun alternative to what I have been using. 

BUT 

I didn't feel like spending 90-120p for a secondary weapon. 

So I went through my codex looks for alternatives and I saw the Aksomati and on paper I though they looked pretty great 

-Good crit chance 

- Puncture and slash damage is decent 

- Big clip size 

- Easy to maintain control of while shooting

So I made the Akstilleto and got it to 30 for the MR and then used it to make the Aksomati. I have enjoyed using them and they really do just feel like the Soma in pistol form and I LOVE my Soma Prime, but I recently have been using the Sancti Tigris so having the Aksomati is like having my Soma Prime in my back pocket at all times. 

Then a clanmate of mine noticed I was using them on Akkad and asked me why I was using them after the match in clan chat. I said everything I said above to him. Well him and various members of my clan started trying to tell me that I was wasting time and forma on them when I should be using them on better weapons. 

Are the Aksomati really that bad? 

I use Aksomati quite a lot.

Those, Braton Prime and Hind are my favourite weapons. 

Akstilleto Prime will be the preferred weapon for a few people due to it being a Prime and a damn good choice. That aside there is nothing wrong with using weapons that aren't Primes.

I didn't want to spend plat on the Akstilleto Primes either so I used Aksomati until I got all the parts to build it. I still use it, Akzani and Akvasto now.

Use anything you want, you don't have to justify yourself to anyone. If they want you to use Akstilleto P so badly, tell them to buy it for you.

1 hour ago, Heckzu said:

The Aksomati have a crippling 5% status chance, which means that it doesn't scale well as enemies increase in level.

It's more than enough to clear the star chart, but without the ability to proc elemental effects such as corrosive, the Aksomati struggles to eliminate armored or heavily shielded units at a sortie level.

The Aksomati's high rate of fire also makes it ammo inefficient, making it a poor choice for long endless missions.

don't believe me but so much this ^^ above quoted. now you can play with them in the solar like any other weapon but as soon as you are in the realm of more armored enemies than shielded ones youll hit a brick wall. go ahead learn the hard way.

2 hours ago, Heckzu said:

The Aksomati have a crippling 5% status chance, which means that it doesn't scale well as enemies increase in level.

It's more than enough to clear the star chart, but without the ability to proc elemental effects such as corrosive, the Aksomati struggles to eliminate armored or heavily shielded units at a sortie level.

Meh, that's not exactly true. Level 80-100 is so easy to mash up. 

You're right into saying that the Aksomati scale slower than the Akstiletto, but you missed two details. The first one is that most of the stuff they can do, they can do both, since the status really starts to shine on levels most of the playerbase has never even seen (150+). The second one is that armour removal is a thing. If you can remove the armour of your target (via skills, 4xCPs, or whatever) then the higher raw damage of the Aksomati makes them better despite their much lower ammo efficiency.

If you don't though, the Akstiletto would be king of the hill. And also, they have a much higher effective range than the Aksomati.

Edited by Autongnosis

anyone who thinks AkSomati are bad has no idea what they're talking about.; they're crit based MACHINE PISTOLS for god's sake, only the Twin Grakatas are faster at delivering crits. the only downside is that AkSomati Ammo pool is really small. I still like the AkStiletto Prime, mainly for it's higher ammo pool and lightning-fast reload, but you don't get those crits.

they are still some of the best akimbo auto pistols in the game.

At first i crafted akstilleto and godamn this weapon is beautiful plus its killing machine. 

6 months later i find the aksomati unranked in my profile. I craft it and i immediately fall in love with it. 

Dude. You have 2 mini soma in your secondary slot. That's pretty fckin epic right there. I put 4 forma on it and never looked back.

P.s. Now gimme that aksomati prime and i ll delete all my weapons. Well not really but aksomati man... its luv

I really like the aksomati's, I've set them up as a crit, crazy spray set-up.  Tons of fun but they really really fall off during end game. AkstilletosP have more staying power in end game but the sound isn't as much fun.

i wouldn't spend P on them.